It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board

• Cold ... or flu?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-28-2005, 04:12 PM   #1
    NeoApsara
    (female)

NeoApsara HB User
    Cold ... or flu?

Yesterday morning I woke up with a swollen throat (I kind of felt it coming on as when I'd swallow for a few days before, it'd feel like there is a lump; for me, that always means a sore throat is trying to come) and that night I may have had a fever- definitely a stuffy head - and that thing happened akin to where as you recover from a cold/whatever your skin feels extra sensative as do all your nerves, so my already sore body (it had been sore since I had done some lifting, standing, and wrapping around Christmas time) felt even more sore and since I have cold extremities already, I felt even more cold.

Anyway I kept waking up - I believe I did like 4 times - and this morning I had a full-on sore throat and headache (and possibly gas), but for the most part that sensative nerves thing is gone. Now I don't have a thermometer to check my temperature so I don't know about that.

Now the reason I ask whether it's the flu or a cold is because some of the symptoms, while the same ones I'd get whenever I get the common cold I always get, could I guess be chalked up to flu-like. However, I have not vomited (heck, not at all sick to my stomach), simple shelf medications have for the most part treated me for now as far as pain and I'm left with only a stuffy head and an on/off sore throat (of course my body is still sore but again it had already been aching and usually does after I do such physical activities, but it definitely isn't like when my nerves were sensative) when it wasn't really that bad in the first place, plus I felt my body actually fighting a stuffy nose last night.

I always assumed the flu would be like way worse and honestly, I've had colds that left me more miserable than I feel right now, but I have to be somewhere this weekend so I want to know if it is a flu or just some weird cold or virus thing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2006, 02:16 PM   #2
    seagoddess
    (female)

seagoddess HB User
    Re: Cold ... or flu?

it is hard to tell. there are so many viruses out there right now. it sounds like a cold. A flu hits you very hard all at once. a cold sort of comes on slower. but, you should stay home untill you feel better so you don't get worse!

Closed Thread