It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board

• strange flu?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-13-2006, 01:43 PM   #1
    Jarlena
    (female)

Jarlena HB UserJarlena HB User
    Unhappy strange flu?

Hi,

Recently my boyfriend came down with a strange flu and has now infected me as well. The symptoms are odd and I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this. It appears there are so many different things going around right now, I'm not sure what is what. But I feel lonely and miserable and not quite sure how to treat this so if anyone else has had this and gotten over it please help!

Symptoms are:

strange on again off again headache mostly in the back of head
    terrible aches in legs and lower back that seem to settle in knees and spine
    queasiness
    diarreah
    slight temperature
    tiredness
    and the oddest of all....a strange almost drug-like induced feeling of depression/state of being down and emotionally not oneself...irritable and agitated.

anyone else?

I just got over the other flu (with the soar throat, coughing for a month thing) and now this!

Thanks for listening,
    Jarlena

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2006, 08:50 PM   #2
    Johndg2
    (male)

Johndg2 HB User
    Re: strange flu?

Hi- I've also experienced a very strange type of viral infection. It started 16 days ago when I stayed up all night in the bathroom vomitting with diarreha until 10:00am. Then I just slept and felt really weak for the next two days, slowly regaining energy, and my appetite. But now, 16 days later, I'm still sick. Mainly I'm VERY tired ALL the time. I feel like my heads in a fog, and my head feels stuffy, heavy and sick. Also I feel like I need to take deep breaths every so often. Did you feel like you recovered from the main blow, and then it just lingered about? Hope you feel better

Old 01-13-2006, 09:04 PM   #3
    Fabat40
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Fabat40 HB User
    Re: strange flu?

Jarlena,

I am just now getting over the flu and with the sore throat, coughing, slight fever and now phlegm and constant coughing. It's something going around.

But I'm taking it easy because I don't want a relapse.

Good luck.

Closed Thread