It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board

what is this virus going around

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2008, 05:38 AM   #1
doretta23
(female)

doretta23 HB User
what is this virus going around

what is this virus going around high temp very lose chest which makes me feel sick. The pain in my head is really bad and every time i cough it hurts more. I went to the doctors, she told me eveery one as this!!!.She gave me a week off work which i was glad she did and sent me on my way. She didnt even check me!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2008, 06:47 AM   #2
lawrain
(female)

lawrain HB User
Re: what is this virus going around

It seems like something is coming around majorly! The sunday Telegraph reported that we have not have a major flu epidemic since the turn of the new century and that our immune system may have been weakened by it. Hence, the rise in people being sick lately. Your GP mentioned that he/she knows about it which is a good thing. In the meantime use the time off to sleep, sleep, sleep and boost your immune system with Vitaminc C and black elderberries syrup. If nothing has changed in two weeks then go back to your GP because it could be serious!

Get better soon,

Lauren.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:28 AM   #3
itburns2004
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User

it was on the news here in ny. Adeno14 virus? A long cold- one months worth in total. New strain I guess. Drink a lot of liquids and chicken soup. Feel better soon. also, emergen-c is a great drink-at all your local pharmacies and walmarts...etc..You get to pick your flavor-tastes like flavored soda.

Last edited by itburns2004; 01-10-2008 at 11:30 AM.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:25 PM   #4
doretta23
(female)

doretta23 HB User

Thank you for the info. I think that I had better go back to the doctors I will soon be going into my 3rd week. I felt a little better this morning by this afternoon i was very cold shivers again then it all changes Im so clamy hot restles dont know what to do with my self.I will have to ask the docor for another sick note there is no way that I will be able to return to work, I work in a school so there are always a lot of germs going around. Im just a little worried about telling them that I need another week at work.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:34 AM   #5
ELECSKIN
(female)

ELECSKIN HB User

hi your symptons sound just like mine have you recovered yet? im coming up to week 4 im much better but i still have shortness of breath and feel really weak, i just want to know theres a light at the end!!!

Old 02-16-2008, 08:08 AM   #6
skyy11
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by doretta23 View Post
what is this virus going around high temp very lose chest which makes me feel sick. The pain in my head is really bad and every time i cough it hurts more. I went to the doctors, she told me eveery one as this!!!.She gave me a week off work which i was glad she did and sent me on my way. She didnt even check me!!!
Hi,
I am going through the same thing! I went to the ER Thursday and was told it was a viral syndrome. There are over 200 types! I was given an IV because I was so dehydrated. All my blood work came back ok. But I have a bad headache and bad cough with lots of congestion in my chest and I am 20 weeks pregnant! I even got a Flu shot 2 months ago.
Hope you get feeling better!!! Just wanted you to know someone else out there is suffering too!

Old 02-16-2008, 05:32 PM   #7
Des11
(female)

Des11 HB User

Hello all,
Sorry to hear that everyone is so sick my 14 yr son has been felling the same way since last week he missed the whole week of school and is still not better thank goodness he has next week off of school. Now my 4 yr old is not feeling well chest congestion chills etc. I hope everyone just get better
Des

Old 02-17-2008, 01:42 PM   #8
skyy11
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User

Here I am again, and it has been 6 days and still very sick! The back of my throut feels like there is a glob of stuff in it and nose still stuffy! I still have headaches and could not keep my lunch down. So I have little appetite and just feel awful.Anyone know when I may start to feel better? Skyy11

Old 03-02-2008, 09:13 AM   #9
seagoddess
(female)

seagoddess HB User

a lot of people here in CA have it. it seems to last for weeks. no cure except rest, drink fluids, eat what you can and sleep.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:44 AM   #10
Adidas0298
(male)

Adidas0298 HB User

Its going around here in Michigan too. My Doctor prescribed me the "z-pack" antibiotic because he said its viral that turns into bronchitis. Ive been having a horrific productive cough, headache, when i cough it feels like my head is going to blow up, runny nose, snotty nose, plugged nose, no voice (laryngitis), fever, chills... its a nasty cold!!!

ive been taking tylenol cold severe congestion with pseudophedrine. Its the only thing that is working for me on this one.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:54 PM   #11
ebrena
Veteran
(female)

ebrena HB Userebrena HB User

It is everywhere, it is here in Victoria BC Canada and has been for months it seems. Just when you think you are getting better whamo-it's back again. The weakness I have had since November when I started my first round of antibiotics for bronchitus. My husband has also had it for months, he thought he might be dying because he has had his cough and extreme tiredness since before Christmas. The viruses out there are so much stronger now and they are even getting people who never get sick. I don't work so I have had plenty of rest to get rid of it, but I can't say I'm over it. Headaches, dizzy, sore ears and neck glands, sore all over, sinus, sore throat, constant hacking till I choke or even get sick - I have it all-what a blast. I have stopped taking anything for it because it isn't touching the problem and it is affecting my stomach. Hope you all get better soon-sorry for the bad news.

Last edited by ebrena; 03-06-2008 at 12:56 PM. Reason: spell/add

Old 03-09-2008, 11:39 AM   #12
DanaP
(female)

DanaP HB User
Question Re: what is this virus going around

How is it that I have had this Flu for 17 days now and I live with 3 other adults and 2 17 year olds and NONE of them has gotten it? Im scared now as I suffer from Panic/Anxiety Disorder too and being so weak so long is getting to that disorder.
How long does this Flu last anyway?
Some say they have had it since December

Old 03-11-2008, 05:25 PM   #13
zzman7197
(male)

zzman7197 HB User

I have had the virus now for six days. Depression is setting in because I feel so helpless in fighting this sinus virus. It started with a sore throught from the drainage then turned into a full blown Sinus Flu.
The only releif I get is using a Nasal Flush that You mix up with a saline type solution and taking advil. I had the fever for the first couple of days but every day I have symtoms of body fatige and aches,lack of sleep because my body is producing so much antihistamenes . Sneezing and cough.
I have been Eating Grapefruits and drinking orange juice but with no results.

Last edited by zzman7197; 03-11-2008 at 05:29 PM.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:20 AM   #14
DanaP
(female)

DanaP HB User
Post Re: what is this virus going around

Today is my 20th day with this Flu and now I believe a Sinus Infection.
The cough & stuffy head was SEVERE the first week then got somewhat better but now, I have the Fatigue and stuffed head again with sinus pain & pressure. This is the nastiest Virus I have experienced in years ( last being the Epidemic of 2002 ) Hope we all get better soon, this 3 week stuff gets old and scary too.
Good Luck and after your 7 days I hope it clears up and doesn't go into 3 weeks as mine has
DanaP

Old 03-16-2008, 04:37 PM   #15
carol59
(female)

carol59 HB User

i heard it was a bacterial pneumonia, c

Closed Thread