It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board

• Yellow/Green Phlegm-Cold-Antibiotics Question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-11-2008, 04:11 AM   #1
    JJCBB76
    (male)

JJCBB76 HB User
    Yellow/Green Phlegm-Cold-Antibiotics Question

Hi everyone,
    About a month ago, I started coughing up yellowish-green phlegm, so I went to the clinic, and they put me on antibiotics (Z-pak). It worked and after about 5 days of being on the Z-pak, I was better. However, literally to the day - one month later, I'm coughing up yellow-green phlegm again, and I've got a really runny nose and congestion.

So, this time, I went to my primary doctor, and he told me he wasn't going to put me on antibiotics since I just had a dose a month ago, and he told me to just drink lots of fluids and get rest. BUT, after 2 days since seeing him, I'm still coughing up yellow-green phlegm and have cold symptoms, but no aches, no fever, and no other malaise...just yellow-green phlegm in my cough and runny nose, sneezing.

So, I'm wondering if this will just go away or if I should revisit the antibiotics route...but...I don't want to if I don't have to because I just took them a month ago.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Yellow Phelgm Problem karen445 General Health 0 08-18-2009 04:58 PM
    greenish/yellow phlegm with blood in it. cadylady Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD 0 07-05-2009 11:50 PM
    Am I contagious? Yellow phlegm for 4 days, no cough, no fever tlic77 Infectious Diseases 2 03-02-2008 10:48 AM
    coughing up Yellow, Solid phlegm stuff EmT1891 Open to All Other Health Topics 2 08-02-2007 08:05 AM
    Coughing up green/bloody phlegm, but no fever. Help? SeraphisCain Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD 17 07-16-2007 06:20 AM
    White and yellow phlegm, no cough, no fever, head feels woozy and congested tlic77 Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD 0 07-16-2006 11:39 AM
    yellow phlegm help mayojojo Colds & Flu 11 03-05-2005 08:24 AM
    brown (sometimes greenish yellow phlegm, no fever, no chills, what is it? squish Colds & Flu 5 01-03-2005 06:40 AM
    I'm blowing green snot and hocking yellow/white phlegm. What medicines should I take? link626 Colds & Flu 12 04-27-2003 09:01 AM
    Yellow phlegm BabyBlues Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD 0 07-29-2001 06:59 PM