It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

downturned lips

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-17-2015, 06:25 AM   #1
subterfuge
(male)

subterfuge HB User
downturned lips

My mouth always looks sad and down-turned.
It's annoying having to constantly reassure people that i'm not 'scared' or 'sad' or 'angry' due to my natural expression!

My cheeks look heavy as if i'm overweight (which I'm definitely not!) and the skin sags as if it's unsupported.

I think this is maybe an issue of my jaws being recessed.

If I VERY GENTLY pull the skin underneath my cheekbones UP and back, my looks is instantly improved. My mouth looks normal, and my face becomes more 'defined'.

Even though I think this is all the result of having a recessed maxilla which only jaw surgery could fix, I'm wondering if there's a cosmetic procedure which could give me the same effect I achieve in the attached photo where I VERY GENTLY pull the tissue near my cheekbones up and back which lifts the sides of the mouth.

I'm only in my 20's
This isn't related to age though, since I can find picture of myself when I was 10, and I look exactly the same with the same downturned mouth!

Last edited by Administrator; 08-17-2015 at 09:07 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2015, 11:20 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: downturned lips

An oral surgeon is your best bet. Your only 20 and not many cosmetic surgeons would take you on as a patient, simply because the problem is your jaw, not cosmetic. Besides that, your skin will change in the next 20 years, and again in your 60s- if you have surgery to fix your "skin" issues, youll be having it again and again as you age....with jaw surgery, it will be permanent.
I would consult both doctors - but in my opinion- at your age, you want to get this done right. If the cosmetic surgeon botches up what you expect- you cant un-do it.
MSNik

Closed Thread