It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

Embarrassed & ashamed of plastic surgery

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-28-2017, 06:47 PM   #1
selen
(female)

selen HB User
Embarrassed & ashamed of plastic surgery

Hi all,
I have been wanting to get a tummy tuck for a year now since having 2 kids. I HATE the way I look and feel and diet and exercise will not fix my stomach (I'm a marathoner athlete and eat a plant based diet and a PE teacher) Even though I want it so bad I'm so embarrassed and ashamed of wanting it and feel like I would be wasting money for my vanity and I feel horrible about that. I feel like the money could be better spent on something more substantial, like home improvements, instead of my vanity. I hate feeling so ashamed about wanting this surgery but I really want it. And then a big part of me hates them plastic surgeons for preying on people's insecurities and it makes me hate the entire industry. Have y'all felt this way at all? I try to tell myself how I feel about myself would be worth the $ but I feel guilty spending money on my vanity. Plse share your thoughts and opinions!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2017, 09:09 PM   #2
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Embarrassed & ashamed of plastic surgery

My sister-in-law had a tummy tuck and is very happy with it. She had to be very careful during the healing process...and the results were worth it for many reasons. She had an excellent surgeon.

I would suggest you do research for a surgeon with a great reputation.

q

Closed Thread