It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

Plastic Cosmetic Surgery Help - Extra Skin after weight loss 140Kg >> 55 Kg

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2017, 02:04 PM   #1
CD483
(male)

CD483 HB User
Plastic Cosmetic Surgery Help - Extra Skin after weight loss 140Kg >> 55 Kg

Hi Everyone,

I hope any of you can help me. I am a 41-year-old male. As a child I was physically/mentally abused by both of my parents which led me to overeat and come to weigh 140Kg (that's over 300lb) by the time I was 16 years old (despite being relatively short). After years of therapy I managed to put my life together and now I weigh about 55Kg. This means I lost almost 2/3 of my original weight.

By the time I was 20 years old, my weight had already went down to about 65Kg. The problem, of course, is that I have an extreme amount of loose redundant skin. I went to a local plastic surgeon and he literally terrified me saying that removing the skin would cause a lot of scars which would be way worse than the original problem, so I found a surgeon who promised to remove the skin without leaving any scars and yes, it was too good to be true because he like removed 2% of the extra skin I have which basically did nothing (other than costing me a lot of money).

So I decided to just "accept myself" the way I was and started a series of new therapy sessions with a new psychologist. Unfortunately that worked but only to some extent. I got to say that with clothes on I look good (I mean, I am not a model but I do look decent enough) so starting to date isn't a big issue, but the outcome is always the same: when they find out "the surprise" the relationship is over. Now that is like the tenth time this happened to me. I also cannot play sports and do other stuff I love due to this issue. No, I don't want to have my skin removed to please other people. I want to do it only for me but certainly those experiences weren't pleasant at all.

To cut the story short, I came to the conclusion that it was a huge mistake listening to my first surgeon about the "scar issue". I am getting old now and I really want to live the rest of my life without this thing I've been dragging with me for my whole life. So my question is: regardless of the dozens, hundreds or thousands of scars I will get from this, how I can research to find the right surgeon for me?

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-23-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply