It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

Ruptured Implant

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-2018, 10:39 AM   #1
tonilb1
(female)

tonilb1 HB User
Question Ruptured Implant

I have a Ruptured Implant that I got 15 years ago and was wondering if there are any surgery centers or Dr's that will take payments to get either the damaged one repaired or remove both implants. Or that knows how to get insurance to help pay for it.

My financial situation has changed drastically since then and I do not have the money or credit to acquire financing.

Any ideas on this is appreciated.

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2018, 02:12 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Ruptured Implant

Cosmetic implants are not covered by insurance unless they were done for reconstructive purposes, as in a cancer survivor. Sometimes then they are covered.

Most doctors offer a payment plan or financing which really is not dependent on your credit; however, you do have to make the payments or risk going into collections.

I am really sorry this happened to you. Can I ask what caused the rupture? 15 years is a long time, but Ive heard of people going much longer.

Old 06-12-2018, 04:21 PM   #3
tonilb1
(female)

tonilb1 HB User

Thank you.

I do not know. I went to bed fine and woke up lopsided.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:37 PM   #4
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Oh I am so sorry to hear that. Usually ruptures happen when you get hit "head on"....Sounds like your implants had been weak for some time. Did you have a mamogram recently or were you in any kind of front end "hit"?

I am not sure you'll find a doctor who can either replace or remove unless you are willing to use the financing...but you should definitately call the doctor who placed them - or if you are no longer located near him, someone else. Leaving a ruptured implant in can cause further issues. Was it saline at least? Saline is much safer than the older silicone they used back then...although from what I understand the new silicone is practically impossible to rupture.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:56 PM   #5
tonilb1
(female)

tonilb1 HB User

No to any recent incidents or a mammogram.

The orignal Dr was in CA. I have started looking into finding one out here.

They are saline so it just made me extra hydrated for a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
Oh I am so sorry to hear that. Usually ruptures happen when you get hit "head on"....Sounds like your implants had been weak for some time. Did you have a mamogram recently or were you in any kind of front end "hit"?

I am not sure you'll find a doctor who can either replace or remove unless you are willing to use the financing...but you should definitately call the doctor who placed them - or if you are no longer located near him, someone else. Leaving a ruptured implant in can cause further issues. Was it saline at least? Saline is much safer than the older silicone they used back then...although from what I understand the new silicone is practically impossible to rupture.

Old 06-13-2018, 04:51 AM   #6
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

I am glad to hear that . Try calling your local hospital for a referral...they may have someone on staff who does cosmetics. Your other choice is to look up the state board of plastic surgeons- they will list doctors who are board certified in plastics and you can pick one who is closer. Good luck. I really feel for you...its kind of every girl's worry who has them!

Reply Reply