It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• 4th rhinoplasty/please help

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-27-2019, 10:55 AM   #1
    rhino4
    (female)

rhino4 HB User
    4th rhinoplasty/please help

Hi Guys,
    I'm new here. Every time, I try to write a post about my condition, I delete it and don't continue with asking my questions. It took me years to be able to come up with questions because I didn't know what happened to my nose after the third rhinoplsty and why it became this way.

Immediately after surgery, my nose got too wide, crooked, flat and the skin got thicker and less manageable (after so many years, I'm still taping my nose at night since I'm still suffering from a lot of swelling).

Now, when I consult with doctors, there are some who believe that with narrowing the bones (further) and reducing tip cartilage and raising the tip, my nose will look nicer while others say that my issue has to do with lack of structure and that I may need rib or septum cartilage to raise the bridge to make it look less flat. Two doctors said that they don't want to operate on me since my nose will only build more scar tissue and I will be even more dissatisfied and frustrated.

My nose looked nice from the frontal view and fit my face nicely before the third rhinoplasty. From the side/profile view it was over projected and I needed my tip closer to my face. Many doctors recommended that i "leave it alone" because they thought it will hurt the front of my nose/face. I finally took the risk and did it.

I welcome any opinions, suggestions, etc... Please keep in mind that I'm more unhappy now than I was before my last rhinoplasty because it's about the front of my face now. So I don't think I can just live with it.

Thank you in advance

Last edited by Administrator; 03-28-2019 at 05:22 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2019, 06:21 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: 4th rhinoplasty/please help

Dear rhino,

Hon, the human body isn't clay that can be molded into whatever shape we prefer.
    Living cells multiply according to your own DNA. Doctors cannot control how your body works. If your body is not healing the shape you wish, it is a sign it very well may never be able to do that.

People have become completely deformed from too much cutting. A doctor might not tell you when to stop this. Or maybe one has already told you you should stop. Unscrupulous doctors will keep taking your money and making false promises. Do not keep asking for more and more surgeries.

Think about what you are doing to your body. I have deformities from an accident that was not my fault. It's not 'fair' but it's mine to live with. Doctors put things back together the best they could, but it can never look good or even look normal.

There is a great deal that can be done with make up. Just look at what can change actors.

My recommendation is don't make your condition worse by requesting more cutting.

Old 03-28-2019, 12:06 PM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: 4th rhinoplasty/please help

I am curious as to how many consults you have gotten; how many different doctors did the 3 surgeries already; and why you were not satisfied the first time.. unfortunately, the more surgery you have, the more scar tissue you will develop; and scar tissue will ruin the overall effects once healed.

You need to stop looking for the answer you want and start listening to the doctors who you have consulted with..unless one can GUARANTEE you the results you want (and no one will do this) you are better off leaving well enough alone before you start causing yourself health issues from not being able to properly breathe through your nose.

The Following User Says Thank You to MSNik For This Useful Post:
    yayagirl (03-28-2019)
    Reply Reply