It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Question about laser surgery under the eyes

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-23-2004, 03:05 AM   #1
    swf
    (female)

swf HB User
    Question about laser surgery under the eyes

Hey ya'll, I have a question. I'm 44 years old and have never had a problem with bags or circles under my eyes until the last month or so. I get plenty of sleep, drink lots of water, and don't drink. I wake up in the mornings with terrible bags under my eyes and wonder where is this coming from? Is it just old age setting in? lol. Could it be water retention? I talked to my dermatologist last week about lasering under my eyes and he told me that it would eliminate the fine lines I have there. However, I'll have to take off work a week, which is not a problem, but because of the laser effects I won't want to be seen in public.

I was just wondering whether the bags are a result of age or what? I haven't decided to get the laser done yet, as I would like to think about it. I'm a little scared of getting my skin "burned", especiallly near the eyes. Has anyone had it done, and if so, were you happy with it? And, how long did it take before you were healed?

Thanks so much for your input.

Everyone is someone else's weirdo.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2004, 04:34 AM   #2
    dylant
    (male)

dylant HB User
    Re: Question about laser surgery under the eyes

Hello.

Fear not the laser if its Erbium. CO2 is pretty serious, only necessary of you had acne the severity of the Moon's surface.

Personallly had the Erbium laser done last month, and its a good option if wrinkles are your worry. Puffiness is another matter. Erbium won't help that.

Erbium offers solid improvement with acceptable healing rate. The skin is a fast healer. The worse part was over in 4-5 days. Redness was gone within 2 weeks. Within 1 week I was back at work with people asking me whether I had been in the sun recently. That's not a bad question when you've had laser surgery.

The really odd side affect was with alcohol. One glass of wine and I'm an Asian drinker. Red as a beet.

I really recommend it. Forehead, eyes, and upper cheeks are best.

Good luck.

Old 04-04-2004, 04:11 AM   #3
    shoppingqueen

shoppingqueen HB User

Dylant, Im looking at this too. When you say puffiness, does it have no effect at all on the tightness of the skin? I thought that the lasers increased collagen & tightened skin (as well as zapping the wrinkles). Im not massively puffy, but have defintely got those little fatty bits when I smile.

Old 04-04-2004, 04:37 AM   #4
    dylant
    (male)

dylant HB User

HEllo. Erbium did tighten the skin for awhile. 3 months after treatment I can still see some improvement in wrinkles. But Erbium was to mild for long lasting results. I may try co2 next year.

Supposedly the results are semi-permanent.

Old 04-04-2004, 05:57 AM   #5
    shoppingqueen

shoppingqueen HB User

Oo, doesnt the CO2 laser leave the skin permanently thinner?? Which on my already thin undereye skin might not be quite what I want.
    How good on a scale of 1 to 10 would you say the results are? Did you get your eyelids done as well? A year or so isnt long for something that costs that much to last

Old 04-07-2004, 02:39 PM   #6
    kathy in ca

kathy in ca HB User

Ok, just a suggestion: On another board the ladies were talking about using castor oil for puffiness, I tried it and found it works! Just dab a little under your eyes when you go to bed. It's available inthe laxitive section of the drug store and very inexpensive. It's sure worth a shot! Good luck!

Closed Thread