It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Dr. Jeoffrey Tobias of NY and NJ

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-27-2004, 05:04 PM   #1
    Jaquiline

Jaquiline HB User
    Question Dr. Jeoffrey Tobias of NY and NJ

Has anyone heard about Jeoffrey Tobias? He's supposed to be a very good revision rhinoplasty MD.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2004, 07:26 AM   #2
    summer9
    (female)

summer9 HB User
    Re: Dr. Jeoffrey Tobias of NY and NJ

Hi can you let me know of anything you hear. I am also looking for
    a good revision rhino Dr in the NJ area. I saw him on the news that he was one of the best.
    Thanks

Last edited by summer9; 07-30-2004 at 07:27 AM.

Old 08-01-2004, 04:12 PM   #3
    bever

bever HB User

Hi
    I am also looking for a revision of a bad nose job and I have seen many good reports on Doctor Tobias. Please let me know if you go for a consultation.
    I will bew traveling from PA if I decide to see him.

His web site is very good and he comes with glowing recommendations.
    I hate what the doctor did to mine years ago. That was before what they knew what they were doing. I have hatead it for years. Please let me know what you find out.

Old 08-03-2004, 03:46 PM   #4
    Jaquiline

Jaquiline HB User

Hi --
    I will be seeing Dr. Tobias on Friday August 13th, and I'll let you know what I think and what he says -- my nose is a difficult one.

Old 08-03-2004, 09:31 PM   #5
    beverg

beverg HB User

Hi Jaquiline What is wrong with your nose? My was done years ago and it is tilted up and I donot believe that it looks good on my face. I am so anxious to hear what you think. I have seen the Doctor on Tv and I was quite impressed. I had an appointment last year, but could not make the trip. I do plan on having some type of revision. I am tired of hiding behind my glasses. I hope that you like him. Maybe we could get a package deal. I will be thinking of you on that day. I know what it is like to think that you did something to make you feel better and yet it turns out to be a disaster. I have regretted my decision about my nose for years.

Old 08-04-2004, 07:03 PM   #6
    Jaquiline

Jaquiline HB User
    Wink Re: Dr. Jeoffrey Tobias of NY and NJ

Hi Beverg,
    My nose is just a combination of turned up but also too wide at the tip, so it's very difficult for surgeons to fix, since by narrowing the tip they will make it turned up even more. I've been told by several different surgeons that it's almost like a revision, in that the Dr. will have to weigh the two (up-turn and wideness) carefully to not make it worse . In some ways, I look like I've had a bad rhinoplasty already Hence my search for a very experienced surgeon. Also, I'm getting married next summer, so I really, really don't want to go through with the surgery unless it seems like the Dr. will get it right the first time. As far as your situation, I will definitely keep you posted and let you know the details of what he says & I will ask him some Qs on revision rhinos to, to see if I can find anything out for you. I really think that if you're unhappy, there's no time like the present to change things for the better. While doing research the other revision rhinoplasty MD I came across is Dr. Nassif of the Spalding Ctr. in Beverly Hills, CA. He's world-renowned. Stay positive and hang in there!

Old 08-11-2004, 07:08 PM   #7
    beverg

beverg HB User
    Smile Re: Dr. Jeoffrey Tobias of NY and NJ

Hi Jacq
    I will be thinking and rooting for you. I hope that you get good news.
    I am working on my Doctorate at Penn State and I will soon be finishing it.
    My next goal is to have my nose looked at. Congrats on your pending marriage and I will say a prayer for you. I know how it feels to look at something eveyday that bothers you. Other people think that I am crazy and I was once told by a doctor that I was OCD about my nose and he told me to go see a pschiatrist. It is my nose and my face and I know that I am intelligent enough to know when I am unhappy. This message board has given me so much confidence in my feelings. I hope that you hear great news and I will be more than happy to take this walk with you. Keep me informed

Bev

Old 08-16-2004, 09:08 AM   #8
    beverg

beverg HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jaquiline
    Hi --
    I will be seeing Dr. Tobias on Friday August 13th, and I'll let you know what I think and what he says -- my nose is a difficult one.
    Hi Jaquiline
    Did you visit with the Doctor on Friday and what was your opinion of him?

Did you see the post about Doctor Toriumi in Chicago. He is rated one of the best in the world? Check him out of the web

I was thinking of you on Friday

Bev

Old 08-18-2004, 04:54 PM   #9
    Jaquiline

Jaquiline HB User

Hi Bev,
    You are so sweet! Because of a deadline at work I had to cancel and reschedule for the 30th. In hindsignt it actually makes sense -- am glad I didn't go on Friday the 13th ! I did see the post on Dr. Toriumi and am interested in him now also. I was a little alarmed by the post from the person who was unhappy with her result from Tobias. I know that not every procedure goes perfectly, but she wrote that it was a "simple procedure" and that he still was not able to do a good job. I am going to research more NY doctors, and I will post my results on this thread once I've got something worth sharing. Hope all is well with you and thanks for thinking of me !

Old 08-18-2004, 06:31 PM   #10
    beverg

beverg HB User

Hi Jaq

I was sort of upset once I read that post, but it is good to hear all sides and have an open mind. That doctor in Chicago sounds good.
    At least you know to now ask the tough questions. I know because of people like you and the others who have who have posted that I am not alone in the way I feel. I will be waiting anxiously for your appointment and I will once again have you in my thoughts. Please keep me informed. I respect your opinion

Best wishes from Happy Valley the Home of the Nittany Lions.
    Take care

Old 08-19-2004, 06:20 AM   #11
    elle00110
    (female)

elle00110 HB User

I just wanted to say that I am writing on these boards only because I feel, after the experiences that I have had, that it is really important to exchange information and experiences. It is really hard to figure all of this out - which doctor to use - and it is certainly impossible by yourself. It is especially complicated in the case of rhinoplasty because the final results are not really known for a really long time. For me, I was moderately satisfied (not thrilled) for a long time after surgery by Dr. Tobias. I knew that some of the things that I had hoped to change were not dramatically altered but I felt that overall my nose was improved. Only after more than a year when the assymmetry and pointiness really became obvious did I become really dissatisfied. I should point out that I am less than a year recovered from surgery with Dr. Toriumi so there is no guarantee that some undesirable characteristics won't emerge. However, my nose now looks better than it ever has, by a lot. Even soon after surgery with Dr. Tobias, my nose never looked symmetrical - I always felt like it looked like two different noses - one from each side. Anyway, I really hope that sharing my story has helped some.

Old 08-19-2004, 06:31 PM   #12
    beverg

beverg HB User

Hi Elle
    I am so glad that you are posting to this board. I agree that this is the best way to share our knowledge and experience. Your experience is helping me examine this process. I had never heard of the Doc in Chicago until you mentioned him. I was impressed with his credentials and your recommendation will help me to decide. Do you live in or near Chicago or are you near Doctor Tobias? Either way, I will have to travel. Thanks so much for your imput.. .

Old 08-19-2004, 08:28 PM   #13
    elle00110
    (female)

elle00110 HB User

I live in Chicago which makes it more ironic that I travelled to NY/NJ to have my first surgeries with Dr. Tobias when Dr. Toriumi was right in my own city! I was really taken in by all of the positive media attention that Dr. Tobias seemed to get and so I thought that he was really good. Unfortunately, I think that he just doesn't have the surgical skllls that he claims. I also didn't have any knowledge of Dr. Toriumi. Anyway, I have read a lot of information and personal experiences on the internet and it really seems to me that there are two names that get mentioned all the time for revision rhinoplasty - Dr. Gunter (TX) and Dr. Toriumi (IL). I can only vouch for Dr. Toriumi - and I really feel that the emphasis that he has shown in following up with my case is very encouraging. He really wants to make sure that I am happy at the end of this. Dr. Tobias never cared whether he ever saw me again. Anyway, I came very close to never visiting these boards again because I thought that I was happy and done with it all. But I realize now that maybe I can help someone else and I can only hope that that happens. I just know that pain of it all and the true happiness of finally looking on the outside the way that you feel on the inside!

Old 08-20-2004, 05:13 AM   #14
    beverg

beverg HB User

Hi Elle

When you went out of town for your surgeries where did you stay and how long did you need to stay. I think that I am now leaning toward Doctor Toriumi. These are just little facts for which I am curious. How much does Doctor Toriumi charge for the procedure?? Thanks for all of your comments. They have been extremely helpful.

Old 08-20-2004, 06:04 AM   #15
    elle00110
    (female)

elle00110 HB User

For my first surgeries, I stayed at a hotel in NJ - near the hospital - each time for one week. I was directed to the hotel by Dr. Tobias' office. If you visit Dr. Toriumi, the office staff could suggest a hotel where you can stay during recovery - it is not uncommon for people to travel for surgeries like this. My surgery with Dr. Toriumi ended up costing a little over 10000 dollars. The amount that your surgery costs though depends on your particular case. I know his fees vary considerably depending on various factors. Hope that helps some.

Closed Thread