It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Do insurance/Bluecross BS cover Septorhinoplasty Surgery?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-05-2004, 01:36 PM   #1
    Aaliaha
    (female)

Aaliaha HB User
    Do insurance/Bluecross BS cover Septorhinoplasty Surgery?

Can anyone tell me if they had Seeptorhinoplasty surgery or close to it? I have to have Septoplasty, Turbinate and rhinoplasty surgery and tryn to educate myself and dont want to have to pay for the rhinoplasty part...I know insurance will cover the septo and turbinate part...but my Dr. said he was going to have to narrow my nose and basically reconstruct it since the left side is collasped. Just tryn to see if the insurance would try and make me pay for the rhino part cause BCBS isnt telln me anything and im just waiting for my next appt with my dr. I only had the consulatation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2004, 02:44 PM   #2
    Zerberbaby

Zerberbaby HB User
    Arrow Re: Do insurance/Bluecross BS cover Septorhinoplasty Surgery?

No two bc/bs policies are exactly the same--they have different plans available and then they also administer for "self-insured" type plans. Either you or your doctor can request a "predetermination of benefits" thru them. Your doctor may have already instituted the paperwork (they generally do since they don't want to do a procedure that bc/bs is not going to cover).

Most doctors are very good at knowing how to phrase the paperwork and proper coding to get the procedures covered. If there is an underlying problem and they have to reconstruct your nose because of collapse, you have a better chance of coverage. It is when there is no problem and you want your nose smaller (instead of built up) that they reject it out of hand.

You can contact bc/bs directly to see if your doctor has started the predetermination process yet and if so, what the current status is.

Good Luck!

Closed Thread