It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Tummy Tuck Questions

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-05-2005, 03:27 PM   #1
    rockermom
    (female)

rockermom HB User
    Smile Tummy Tuck Questions

I have had 2 babies, and we don't plan to have any more. I got really huge with my first child and it really stretched my skin and muscles. Right now I am working at losing about 50 pounds of baby weight and so on. All of the excess skin just looks worse and worse as I lose weight, and I know that the only way to get rid of it is surgery. Once I get within 10 pounds of my goal weight I will look into it more seriously, but in the mean time I was hoping that some people would let me know how they liked the results and if they would do it again. I have seen lots of before and after pictures, and most of them were encouraging. The pain part isn't an issue, I survived 40+ hours of labour, I know all about pain, lol. Anyway, looking forward to hearing from others, take care all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2005, 05:11 PM   #2
    MikaelasMommy
    (female)

MikaelasMommy HB User
    Smile Re: Tummy Tuck Questions

I too am very interested in having the tummy tuck procedure. I've had 3 kids and with my last I had to have a c-section. I never had problems with my stomach until after that. I'm only about 15 lbs away from my goal weight, but I can guarntee my stomach fat weighs at least 5 lbs or maybe more. I can't tuck anything in anymore. It's disgusting and I hate it. I'm most likely getting the procedure done in March. My sister had a breast implant done with a wonderful board certified doctor about an hour and half from where I live. And that's who I'm using. I'm making an appointment to see him next week. I know I'll be a much happier person if I get this done. I exercise every day and I've just incorporated weight lifting into my exercise program. Exercise is not going to get rid of extra fat around my stomach so surgery is my only option. I will keep you posted!

Thanks,
    MikaelasMommy

Old 01-06-2005, 09:55 PM   #3
    girlygal

girlygal HB User
    Re: Tummy Tuck Questions

okay ladies I can tell you everything you want to know about a tummy tuck I had mine last April and LOOOOVE it, I have 3 kids I was always a size 3 well after the third I stayed at a size 9 and my belly hung over everything I was miserable well my best friends husband is a plastic surgeon so he did it besides he is an excellent doctor. I am now a size 3 again with a very flat tummy and I wear bikins and sexy ones again I was so afraid to do it because you always think of the bad things the bad was not that bad and I hate pain I had three c-sections and this was like that, I was afraid of the scar well my scar looks fine now even that noticeable but I have medium color skin and I tan. THe lighter u are the redder the scar but worth it. After all my friends saw me they went to him about ten girls and they now have flat tummy I joke around and call us the tummy tuck club well Feb. 12 breast augmentation I was supposed to get it in November but when I went to the office the lady before my surgery had something wrong so they had to cancel me I would have been all done so now I am nervous again. But please if you have any questions I will answer and you will be so happy you did it. It is pricey but worth it.

Old 01-06-2005, 10:24 PM   #4
    halo_s
    (female)

halo_s HB User

Was your recovery long ?? I do a lot of lifting and physical activity at work, and I am concerned about how long I will need to be out of work for something like this. Curious on costs too. Did you have a full tummy tuck done ?? I am VERY curious about all of this, but very scared as well. I had my daughter 2 years ago and just about cry every time I look in the mirror. Its terrible.

Old 01-07-2005, 06:21 AM   #5
    girlygal

girlygal HB User

The recovery is not long a week but u cannot heavy things for a month my baby was 18 months when I did it my mom helped alot but my girlfriend was back at work in 10 days. I had a full tummy tuck the scar is hip to hip I was scared also but I would do it again if I had to. The price is different I think depending where u live and the doctor anywhere from $4,000 to $10,000 Do u live in New York? If you decide to do it you will feel better looking in the mirror, but if you are going to have another baby then do not do it you should wait until you have finished having babies. Also are you at the weight you want to be? Any questions please ask.

Old 01-07-2005, 11:14 AM   #6
    rockermom
    (female)

rockermom HB User

Thanks for the replies everyone And be sure to let us know how it goes MikaelasMommy!

The scar doesn't even worry me, my skin has poor elasticity so I have LOTS of stretch marks on the belly, my doctor was even amazed, he had never seen anything like that before. The scar will be way better than this yucky flap of skin. It makes all my pants fit funny, not matter how many sizes I am losing while I shed my extra pounds. And as I lose weight it just looks worse I think. last night I was standing in front of the mirror, trying to picture what I will look like after the tummy tuck. I am sure I will drop at least 3 or 4 sizes (which will be great) and probably more than a few pounds too. I am in Canada and a tummy tuck here averages $3,000 - $7,000 dollars.
    I wish that I could get it done now, but I am still about 40 pounds from my goal weight, and I don't want to pay extra for lypo, so I guess I will just have to wait.
    Thanks again for the replies, pleased post more if you have anything to add Take care all.

Old 01-08-2005, 11:55 AM   #7
    gdhnw
    (male)

gdhnw HB User

I had lipo in June, and I am having a mini TT in Feb to remove the loose skin. {REMOVED}.

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 01-09-2005 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Read posting rules and banning sticky.

Old 01-08-2005, 10:39 PM   #8
    halo_s
    (female)

halo_s HB User

I am only 115lbs. I lost virtually all the weight from my daughter besides a very small pouch in my hips and tummy ... but it actually makes me look healthier than before I had a child. Its just the loose skin that is a killer. I won't even let my hubby look at me naked because of it. I worry about hating the scar though. I know it will be better than this loose skin and stretch mark mess that is my stomach, but its still a wretched thing to have to look at. I am sure I will choose to do it anyway.

I also can't and won't have any more children. My husband had a vasectomy, so whenever I get the funding to do so .... I'll be anxiously but fearfully waiting to actually do it. Is a fully tuck normal for the post-pregnancy marks and looseness, or is a mini tuck even possible ?? I live in Lancaster, PA ... so it looks like Louis Bucky is the man to go to.

Old 01-09-2005, 07:02 PM   #9
    girlygal

girlygal HB User

I should tell you go for the full tummy tuck my friend had the mini and she had to go back for the full it was not tight enough and another friend just had a mini a few months ago and now is so upset she did not listen to me she still has some loose skin and she is skinny. The scar is worth the way your belly will look so flat and tight but do get to your ideal weight. Lots of luck ladies

Old 01-10-2005, 09:23 AM   #10
    halo_s
    (female)

halo_s HB User

How long does it take for the scar to lighten ?? Does it look horrible for a while ??

Old 01-11-2005, 03:42 PM   #11
    girlygal

girlygal HB User

I must say I was so afraid to have the scar that I almost did not go through with the surgery it is not as bad as it looks in pictures it takes about a year to fade, mine really looks good not as noticeable as I thought it would be but the best thing is little bikins do cover scar. The scar is worth the flat and tight tummy you will have.

Old 01-15-2005, 09:58 AM   #12
    bluehen94
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluehen94 HB User

Question for girly gal!!! I am too considering a tummy tuck down the road. I had twins and the hanging skin makes me want to cry everyday, I had a flat stomach pre preg. I have a couple questions....1) how painful is it? 2) how long is the actual surgery itself 3) in terms of recovery are you able to still move around, I realize you can't lift heavy objects 4) Does the doctor give you advice on whether a full tummy tuck is what you need or would a partial tummy tuck be better? 5) what is the best way to find the best doctor in this area.

Sorry, so many questions, answering any of them would help, Thank you!!

Old 01-15-2005, 02:23 PM   #13
    girlygal

girlygal HB User

Hi,
    Do not worry about all the questions, I also asked alot first a doctor will tell you if you need a full tummy which I tell everyone to get because my friend got a mini tuck and she still had some skin haning I am not that big and I got a full and I very very happy I did it, I would do it again if I had to hopefully I will not have to. I am actually have implants Feb. 12 The recovery is not bad I was trying on swim suits in 9 days but you can not lift for a few weeks or you could pop your stitches or the muscles that the doctor made tight, my surgery was two and half hours, I was not in alot of pain just uncomfortable but you have to get up and move around I was walking around and sitting outside on my deck the next day, you do walk hunched over for a week. I had 3 c-sections and this was no worse, after I did it alot of my friends did it one of my friends was out in a week, when I did mine a year and a half ago my baby was 18 months so my mom helped alot, you do need help if you have little ones. Are you at the weight you want to be? Finding a doctor was easy for me my best friend is married to a great plastic surgeon, you have to research where you live and find a good one. Any questions please ask? Do you live in New York?

Old 01-15-2005, 08:03 PM   #14
    bluehen94
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluehen94 HB User

Thanks for the info girlygal. I am in NJ (oops I hope I'm allowed to say that). I am not at my ideal weight yet, which is why I am researching things now. I have a thyroid problem as well so that isn't helping things, but I'm working on it. I was thinking maybe when I'm 35, I'm 33 now. I figure that will give me a fair amount of time to get the weight off and see if exercise will get the tummy flab down. If it doesn't happen by then it never will. I guess I'm a bit hesitant about having optional surgery. Also the scarring, I delivered my twins naturally and luckily I have to stretch marks either so scarring bothers me a bit. I assume you live in NY, you know a good doctor there? Unfortunately I have no friends who know doctors and none that would even consider a tummy tuck.

Old 01-16-2005, 01:59 PM   #15
    girlygal

girlygal HB User

You know when you get a tummy tuck they also get rid of the stretch marks I did not have stretch marks not even one but my friends had lots and they are all gone. Once the stomach muscles are stretched out they cannot go back to be tight the only way is the tummy tuck it is like elastic pants when the elastic is stretched that is like the stomach muscle well atleast you will work out for awhile and get to your ideal weight and you never know maybe your stomach will get tight maybe your muscles are still in good shape. That is cute that you have twins I have three kids all boys but I was not going for a forth I did want a girl but I am happy with my three little men. Any more questions please ask.

Closed Thread