It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Breast Lift Questions ...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-10-2005, 09:09 AM   #1
    halo_s
    (female)

halo_s HB User
    Breast Lift Questions ...

So, I had my daughter almost 2 years ago. My body changed like crazy ... mainly my tummy, and I knew it. I knew that had stretch marks on my breasts, where they obviously stretched from swelling and I gained a whole cup size. However, I never really thought all that badly of it until one day, in a fit of ignorance and rage, an acquaintance of my hubby actually said, "Yea, nice saggy boobs". I was stunned! I undressed later that night and looked in the mirror only to find that he was right and I had been overlooking it this whole time. Ever since, I've been obsessed with it. So, I'm thinking of fixing my tummy with a tuck and possibly getting a breast lift in the process. I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the process. Costs ?? If I understand correctly too, they make an incision from your nipple down too and re-place the nipple. How bad are these scars ?? Do they show much and for how long. I want to fix them, but quite honestly, I am afraid of doing it and then not feeling as though it was not worth it for me because of the scarring. I have also heard that getting implants causing a lot of pain afterwards .... I would assume it probably feels like your breasts are going to explode. Is the breast lift procedure very painful afterwards too ?? Does the re-placing of the nipple cause any detrimental effects to them afterwards ?? Will my cup size return to what it was before my pregnancy ?? Thank you to anyone who can help me with this. To me, surgery is a HUGE decision and I want to make sure I am making the right one.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2005, 12:53 PM   #2
    comeonnow
    Veteran
    (female)

comeonnow HB User
    Re: Breast Lift Questions ...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by halo_s
    So, I had my daughter almost 2 years ago. My body changed like crazy ... mainly my tummy, and I knew it. I knew that had stretch marks on my breasts, where they obviously stretched from swelling and I gained a whole cup size. However, I never really thought all that badly of it until one day, in a fit of ignorance and rage, an acquaintance of my hubby actually said, "Yea, nice saggy boobs". I was stunned! I undressed later that night and looked in the mirror only to find that he was right and I had been overlooking it this whole time. Ever since, I've been obsessed with it. So, I'm thinking of fixing my tummy with a tuck and possibly getting a breast lift in the process. I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the process. Costs ?? If I understand correctly too, they make an incision from your nipple down too and re-place the nipple. How bad are these scars ?? Do they show much and for how long. I want to fix them, but quite honestly, I am afraid of doing it and then not feeling as though it was not worth it for me because of the scarring. I have also heard that getting implants causing a lot of pain afterwards .... I would assume it probably feels like your breasts are going to explode. Is the breast lift procedure very painful afterwards too ?? Does the re-placing of the nipple cause any detrimental effects to them afterwards ?? Will my cup size return to what it was before my pregnancy ?? Thank you to anyone who can help me with this. To me, surgery is a HUGE decision and I want to make sure I am making the right one.
    I don't know if I can answer all of your questions, but I'll try to do my best to help. First of all, I didn't have just a lift; I had a breast reduction and lift, and that was back in July. The cost of mine if I would have had to pay for it myself would have been a little over $5000, but since mine was for medical reasons and not cosmetic, our insurance covered it. My plastic surgeon cut all the way around my areolas and reduced them in size. He also cut from the bottom of the areolas down a couple inches and I have incisions from under my armpits (only lower) and all the way across my breasts down below where it's not so noticeable. Some parts of my incisions have turned the typical white that you think of when you think of a scar and parts of them are still red but not real dark. Since it's already been half a year since I was operated on, I imagine it might take another half a year for them to completely turn the white scar color. I think your scars will always be noticeable, but the doctor cuts at the most inconspicuous places so they will be less noticeable; however, they will be noticeable. I wouldn't worry about that though if I were you. Having scars was the least of my worries. I figured if I wanted it done badly enough, I could put up with the scars. I'd rather look at the scars than those big saggy boobs that I had! Also, my backaches are nowhere near what I used to get.
    As far as the pain afterwards, I'm sure it's nothing that you can't handle. With that much cutting, it's kind of hard to avoid pain altogether. Besides, you will be given a prescription for pain pills to take for the next few days. I took mine for three days and then switched to Tylenol.
    The only trouble that I have had with my nipples/areola is when I'm taking a shower. If I let the water hit them, it stings, and it never did that before. It's nothing I can't put up with though. I suppose there are a few people who have complications from the surgery, but I'd be willing to bet that they're few and far between. I know that supposedly smokers have more complications, so be glad if you aren't a smoker. I'm not one; I never have been and am so glad about that.
    I can't answer your question about implants, as I'm not familiar with that. I would never get one, but I know that there are people on here who have and if I remember correctly, I think that they were happy with the results.
    I hope I was able to answer most of your questions to your satisfaction. By the way, I think that the friend of your husband who made that cruel remark must be a real insensitive jerk. I think that his saying that was totally inappropriate. What a jerk!

Old 01-13-2005, 08:25 PM   #3
    halo_s
    (female)

halo_s HB User

Thanks so much for helping. Its nice to hear things from someone who has been there. I def am not getting implants though. I'm a D. I was actually hoping the lift may make me a full C again. I am just weighing mostly the "perkier look VS. scarring" right now.

Old 01-16-2005, 06:30 AM   #4
    Zerberbaby

Zerberbaby HB User

I read your post and could not believe that comment! I hope you knocked that guys block off! Should have reminded him that your boobs can be fixed, but the kind of ugly individual he is now is just the beginning of the nasty lonely old man he is going to be.

Old 01-19-2005, 06:23 PM   #5
    halo_s
    (female)

halo_s HB User

Yea, my hubby's aquaintances can be brutally rude sometimes. Trust me, he got an earful, but it did hurt to hear that.

Closed Thread