It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Blepharoplasty: my selfish wish

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-27-2005, 06:42 AM   #1
    amily
    (female)

amily HB User
    Blepharoplasty: my selfish wish

Hi everyone, I'm here just to talk and maybe get some responses..I'm scheduled to have lower eye lid surgery tomorrow, to remove the bags that have been bothering me for years, and I am so nervous, I cant' sleep and I can't eat, and feel I have to talk to someone but have no one who can relate.. I'm 42 years old and in good shape, I do take care of myself, but no matter what I do, people always ask if I'm sick or tired or sleepy.. and it's because of my undereye bags I've inherited from my father...I've been a caretaker, a caregiver all my life, I've always put others before myself whether it was my parents my kids or my husband even my friends... this is the first time I'm planning to do something for me and only me and it's freaking me out...I'm nervous about the surgery itself, it'll be done under local anesthesia and some sedation, but still it's surgery in a very delicate part of the body..I worry about how my family will be inconvinienced for a couple of weeks after my surgery, they'll all have to help w/ the housework the driving etc..and I worry because I feel that this is the most selfish thing I've ever done in my life, it's for me and only me, so that I'll look better.. my family is supportive of this but feel it's not necessary, and I don't know anyone who has actually had plastic surgery to talk to..
    Has anyone else been in my place? with eye surgery or any other kind of plastic surgery? Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2005, 05:37 PM   #2
    jode
    (female)

jode HB User
    Re: Blepharoplasty: my selfish wish

I think it is wonderful that you are doing something for yourself! I am 57 and have been wanting to do the same thing, as it is on my dads side, too. You will be so glad that you had it done! I will be so anxious to hear from you. My son has been after me to just DO IT. Once again, please keep us posted about the surgery and recover time! That is so exciting, wish it were me.

Old 01-27-2005, 08:54 PM   #3
    amily
    (female)

amily HB User

Thank you Jode! I will let you know as soon as I can use the computer again. My doctor told me that I might be seeing blurry the first few days from all the ointments he'll use during the surgery and I shouldnt' be straining my eyes, no computer, tv or reading for a few days. Thank you again, you'll hear from me soon.

Old 01-28-2005, 11:36 AM   #4
    jode
    (female)

jode HB User

Hope it all goes great!

Old 02-07-2005, 08:59 PM   #5
    jode
    (female)

jode HB User

Amily, just wondering how you are doing?

Old 02-10-2005, 10:26 AM   #6
    amily
    (female)

amily HB User

Thank you for your concern, Jode. It turns out that I did not have the surgery.. Two hours before going to the clinic, I got a phone call that my mother in law passed away, so that changed everything.. I will be going to the doctor next week, and I'll try to reschedule the surgery for mid March. I'll keep you posted if you're interested. Thanks again! amily

Old 02-10-2005, 05:35 PM   #7
    jode
    (female)

jode HB User

So sorry to her about your mother-in-law! Please do keep me posted, as I am very interested!

Old 02-13-2005, 07:49 AM   #8
    amily
    (female)

amily HB User

Thank you for your concern Jode. I ended up not having the surgery... two hours before going to the clinic I got a call that my mother in law passed away... so that changed all plans. I will be going to the plastic surgeon next week to re-schedule. I will have the surgery either in the spring or next fall. It's not a good idea to have it in the summer, as I'd have to stay away from the sun for a while. Thanks again, and I'll keep you posted. amily

PS. sorry I thought this message did not go through the first time...and I posted it again....

Last edited by amily; 02-13-2005 at 07:52 AM.

Old 02-13-2005, 08:02 PM   #9
    CaliKatie
    Inactive
    (female)

CaliKatie HB User

Hi Ladies-
    I am 50. I had the surgery done a year ago and they also took some of the fat from my brow as well...a bleth? Anyway...it is the best thing I ever did for myself.
    I had occasional blurriness, but not often. I did try to stay out of the sun but mainly because I had a laser peel at the same time. I looked refreshed and easily shaved 10 years off my appearance.
    I was driving in a few days and was everything was completely healed in 7 days.
    My surgery was done under a local and I slept thru the entire thing. My son stayed up until 2 in the morning switching ice packs for me...again, I slept thru all that.
    It was painless and I have never been more thrilled in my life.
    Don't be afraid, you will not feel a thing!!
    It is your face so just be sure that you are going to someone very reputable and don't shop for the best deal...but better yet go for the best procedure.

Lots of luck,
    Cali

Old 02-13-2005, 08:07 PM   #10
    annie7

annie7 HB User

I hope you reschedule your surgery; I had the same problem with my eye's and it's the best thing that i've ever done for myself. I had mine done 3 years ago this year. I'm a sub teacher and when kids find out how old i am (53) they're amazed. And that's kids; they're always pretty honest.

The down side is you do sorta say to yourself...hmmmm i wonder what i would look like if........... And that's where i am now. Anyway, hope you're kind enough to yourself to do it.

Old 02-13-2005, 10:11 PM   #11
    calgirl
    (female)

calgirl HB User
    Talking Re: Blepharoplasty: my selfish wish

Blepharoplasty is one of the greatest things you could ever do for yourself. I had it done about 10 months ago and I am so glad I did because even if I'm tired or teary eyed(those crazy hormones!), I look rested and refreshed. Go for it!!!!!!!!!! You will be so happy you did. Truely!!!!

Old 02-14-2005, 05:22 AM   #12
    CaliKatie
    Inactive
    (female)

CaliKatie HB User

Dear Annie-
    I am going thru the same thing!! What if i did this little procedure here...or this one???

Yep, when you get great results, it is a temptation!!!

Cheers!
    Cali

Old 02-14-2005, 03:41 PM   #13
    jode
    (female)

jode HB User

What type of procedure did you guys have done on your eyes? I know they can go on the inside or the outside. Tell me about yours. I have been wanting to do this for 5 years. About ready to make the move. Would love to hear more. I just turned 57. Thank you, this is really getting me excited.

Old 02-14-2005, 07:02 PM   #14
    annie7

annie7 HB User

Hi jode, about three years ago (this june) I had fat taken out from under my eyes, and then some skin lifted up and trimmed. (I know, sounds sooo uh..meaty or something) Anyway, they made a small incision on my lower lid that now almost looks like very faint eyeliner. Then, they trimmed skin from my upper lids so they didn't droop over my lids. I love it. It was a little under 4k for everything. I'm now 53 and most guess me in my mid 40's...sometimes early 40's and a few times have been guessed in my late 30's. (personally, i think it's flattery!)

yep, am totally thinking about doing more. I won't do body parts, only face. It's truly addicting because it brings me joy to feel good about my face. Be well...annie

Old 02-15-2005, 01:25 AM   #15
    CaliKatie
    Inactive
    (female)

CaliKatie HB User

I did mine a year ago. All laser and if you ask me that is the way to go! No scarring at all and no bruising...my eyes look fantastic!

I had my bags completely removed and the fat taken out from above my eyes. WOW!!! My eyes were always my best feature and now they are even more so!

I loved every step of the procedure!!! 4-5K sounds about right. I also opted for a laser peel. IN 7 days I was completely healed and my complexion matched my new eyes....

Good luck,
    Cali

Closed Thread