It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Radiance (Radiesse) in the cheeks

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-15-2005, 06:30 PM   #1
    REMO

REMO HB User
    Radiance (Radiesse) in the cheeks

Hi. I am 39 years old and my dermatologist feels that I should consider using radiance for the nasal folds and to puff up my cheeks. My cheeks have flattened with age. Anone out there who did this? Please share your experiences whether good or bad. Undecided and scared. confused:

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2005, 08:30 PM   #2
    987mom
    (female)

987mom HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Radiance (Radiesse) in the cheeks

Dear REMO, I am 36 and have had Radiesse (in the smile lines) for about 9 months. When I had in injected, the company professed that it would last 3-5 years...now they have backed off of that an say in this area, only about 18-24 months. Still, this is alot longer than Restylane.

I have been very pleased. Be sure that your doc uses a numbing cream (like Topacaine or BLT, he'll know what I'm talking about) and also make sure he does a nerve block with Lidocaine 1%. The combination of these two will make the injections feel so much better. Without them, they will hurt.

The first couple of weeks after the injections, the sites will feel hard to the touch but they will soften up over time.

Please just make sure that he has alot of experience with this product. It is very different from Restylane or other dermal fillers. If it is placed too superficially, it will show as a whitened area. And it is very difficult to remove. What ever you do , do not let him inject it into your lips. I have seen many women with lumpy, bumpy lips. Restylane is the way to go in the lips. It is very supple and if for some reason you don't like it, it will wear off in 3-6 months.

Best of luck, Dianne.

Old 03-18-2005, 05:48 PM   #3
    REMO

REMO HB User
    Re: Radiance (Radiesse) in the cheeks

Thanks for your feedback. I am new to this stuff and it is very confusing. Perhaps I should attempt restalyn in the cheeks and see if I like what I look like. I think I need a lot of restalyn for the cheeks!! I did read while researching that it is all in the dr's hand - otherwise radiance could be a disaster. You a brave - especially knowing that you could have had bad results. What made you do this and not the other stuff?

Thanks

Old 06-01-2007, 01:23 PM   #4
    Leon 007
    (male)

Leon 007 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 987mom View Post
    Dear REMO, I am 36 and have had Radiesse (in the smile lines) for about 9 months. When I had in injected, the company professed that it would last 3-5 years...now they have backed off of that an say in this area, only about 18-24 months. Still, this is alot longer than Restylane.

I have been very pleased. Be sure that your doc uses a numbing cream (like Topacaine or BLT, he'll know what I'm talking about) and also make sure he does a nerve block with Lidocaine 1%. The combination of these two will make the injections feel so much better. Without them, they will hurt.

The first couple of weeks after the injections, the sites will feel hard to the touch but they will soften up over time.

Please just make sure that he has alot of experience with this product. It is very different from Restylane or other dermal fillers. If it is placed too superficially, it will show as a whitened area. And it is very difficult to remove. What ever you do , do not let him inject it into your lips. I have seen many women with lumpy, bumpy lips. Restylane is the way to go in the lips. It is very supple and if for some reason you don't like it, it will wear off in 3-6 months.

Best of luck, Dianne.

Hi how long did you radiesse last for?
    I had radiesse injected near my cheek bone to hide a small scar and i think he filled it too much or because the scar was very small the radiesse has made the area near my cheek bone stick out.

Its been about a year and three months and doesnt seem like its dissolving do you have any ideas of helping this dissolve?
    My doc wants to inject steriods into ut but i heard that will not help and will make it worse, what do you think, thankyou.

Last edited by Leon 007; 06-01-2007 at 01:23 PM.

Old 06-08-2007, 03:23 PM   #5
    maryleon
    (female)

maryleon HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Radiance (Radiesse) in the cheeks

Quote:
    Originally Posted by REMO View Post
    Hi. I am 39 years old and my dermatologist feels that I should consider using radiance for the nasal folds and to puff up my cheeks. My cheeks have flattened with age. Anone out there who did this? Please share your experiences whether good or bad. Undecided and scared. confused:
    Hello,I'm 38 and just had radiesse in the cheeks a few days ago.I have to say it definitely does the trick but takes getting used to looking different!My doc used one syringe for each cheek and the only thing that hurt was the anesthesia injection but it's not that bad.It really works.It feels really hard in my cheeks right now but was told it will soften up and you will be bruised for several days,a week at the most at least that's how it's going for me.I also has lipo of the chin the same day.I'm doing fine and there hasn't been any major pain,I recomend it!

Old 06-08-2007, 08:31 PM   #6
    Mel52
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

I get Restylane injected into my lip lines and my lines from my nose to my mouth. My girlfriend went with me and had the Radiance injected into her lines from the lips toward the chin. It is not recommended to be used into the lips. I think she had Radiesse into her lips. That area was fine but she bruised so badly from the Radiance that she hasnt been able to leave her house for two weeks. It wasn't the skill of the doctor at all. She is very good. I think I will stick with Restylane myself. It was suggested I fill in my cheek bones but I am chicken to do that.

Closed Thread