It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Dr. Becker/Dr. Tobias experiences for rhino.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-10-2005, 03:04 PM   #1
    Rhinoguy80
    (male)

Rhinoguy80 HB User
    Dr. Becker/Dr. Tobias experiences for rhino.

I am a 24 yo white male undergoing revision rhinoplasty, I would like to know if anyone has had experiences with Dr. Becker in NJ or Tobias in NYC. Also any other recommendation for a PS in the NorthEast area.
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2005, 10:45 AM   #2
    bgil66
    (male)

bgil66 HB User
    Re: Dr. Becker/Dr. Tobias experiences for rhino.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rhinoguy80
    I am a 24 yo white male undergoing revision rhinoplasty, I would like to know if anyone has had experiences with Dr. Becker in NJ or Tobias in NYC. Also any other recommendation for a PS in the NorthEast area.
    Thanks
    Who is doing your rev? I am going to Becker on thursday for consultaion, haven't heard anything negative about Becker.

Old 04-19-2005, 03:01 AM   #3
    robert05
    (male)

robert05 HB User

i had a primary with tobias 7 weeks ago. i liked him a lot--found him to be very honest about expectations, and he really listened to me and did what i asked. i wanted a natural -looking nose that fit my face. i would definitely recommend him.

i still have some swelling in the tip, but i think my nose looks 100 times better already!

Old 04-19-2005, 09:08 AM   #4
    bgil66
    (male)

bgil66 HB User

went to becker and almost had a heart attach when he gave me the price $13000, I have breathing problems and a boxers nose and too straight of a bridge, if anyone can recommend someone else in ny,nj,phil that would be great. I can not afford the procedure with becker just hoped it was covered under aetna.

Old 04-21-2005, 07:40 PM   #5
    Hm74
    (female)

Hm74 HB User

I'm confused! I was thinking about going to Dr. Tobias for revision rhino, but I heard that his work isn't that great. I found him to be very competent and very skilled during my consultation, but with a lot of people's negative comments about his work it has steered me away from him. I don't know if I should reconsider him for the surgery?

Old 04-26-2005, 05:03 PM   #6
    katherineutc
    (female)

katherineutc HB User

No No No to Dr. Tobias. He did my rhinoplasty in 1999. My nose only looked SLIGHTLY better and I realized right away that something with my breathing was definitely off. I went back to him about 5 times for post-op visits, and he always acted very rushed with me. I asked him why my nose still looked the same.... after the first few months, he said it was swelling. Then, after almost a year, he admitted to me, "Well, yes, your nose is a little bigger than you or I would have liked..." Everyone kept telling me it looked the same as before. I was sooo bummed. Plus, I couldnt breathe right. I went back to him (very shortly after the surgery) and said "I can't really breathe well." He took a look and said, "I don't see anything." I really, really believe this was a lie, since other doctors take a quick look up there and see right away that things are deviated and "off." Dr. Romo in NYC told me yesterday that I have a slight deviation, a valve collapse (due to too much cartiledge being removed), and a "turbinate" problem. He said all of these things are a result of the rhinoplasty. My father wants me to go after Tobias to recoop the cost of the second surgery, but I think that it's too late for that already (I think in NJ the time limit for those kinds of things are 2 years). Anyway, I am really hoping to get to go to Dr. Becker. He doesnt take my insurance but I really dont care, even if the price is high. I want to breathe normally again, no matter how much it costs!! Plus I want to make sure it gets done RIGHT the first time. Id rather pay Becker like $15K let's say, than pay someone else $7K and have to do a third surgery for $7K!!!

Old 09-17-2005, 06:14 PM   #7
    whoNoseII

whoNoseII HB User

Dr. Tobias did my primary about 6 weeks ago. My nostrals are totally uneven. Horrible. I hate him. Would not recommend anyone to him. You can do better. I wish I had known before. I have to put my life on hold for another 6 months before I can get an adjustment and I have to find another surgeon. I'm now look at Dr. Lawrence Reed. Has anyone heard of him.

Closed Thread