It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• mole removal aftermath

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-06-2005, 07:10 PM   #1
    pantheon

pantheon HB User
    mole removal aftermath

hi there,
    i HAD this reeeaaaaal tiny bump on my nose that bugged me very much. i finally looked into taking it off. it was sooo small and skin coloured (1mm) but it was on the very tip of my nose and this bugged the helll out of me.

i go to a plastic surgeon after my doctor (very lazy) said its not worth doing and pretty much wouldnt answer any of my other questions about it. so i went to the plastic surgeon and he removed it right on the spot.

he injected something in my nose to freeze the area.

he cut it off with a scalpel

he cauterized the wound

and sent me on my way.

i got to the car and looked and it didnt seem bad. but after closer inspection at home, it looks like he left me with a crater! not a huge one. but noticeable. looks like a chip off my nose. but i had this done two days ago and theres still a scab covering it, so i cant determine what it might look like afterwards. but my question is, do craters fill up when they heal? im really worried about this cuz its on the FRONT of my face. i wont pick the scab to see of course. but i hope my patience pays off. my mole was tiny 1mm and the cut he made was like 3mm. i just hope i dont regret it. any info on how this kind of thing will result?

many thanks,
    me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2005, 07:56 PM   #2
    texasfirewheel
    (female)

texasfirewheel HB User

Last edited by texasfirewheel; 02-27-2008 at 07:12 PM.

Old 05-07-2005, 08:54 AM   #3
    pantheon

pantheon HB User
    Re: mole removal aftermath

Will do. But listen to this. I dont know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. but I was asking god about it (im a spiritual guy) and the idea of moisturizing it immediately popped in my head. so i went upstairs and put moisturizing cream on that area. and WOW after a couple of HOURS the crater kind of puffed out. im thinking that if i do this in the healing process, it might heal close to normal.

i think this might work.

many thanks for the insight though.

Old 05-09-2005, 11:58 AM   #4
    espresso
    (female)

espresso HB User

A coworker of mine had a mole on her chin removed just a few months ago. her doctor told her to keep it moist at ALL times- with vaseline and a bandage over it- for a few weeks. She now has no indentation- just a little dark spot that should lighten up with time. Good luck

Old 05-09-2005, 01:46 PM   #5
    octoberbaby
    (female)

octoberbaby HB User

I had a couple of moles on the side of my face removed a few years ago the same way you did on your nose. One was a large one and I was worried about the same thing. After it healed it did leave a slight indentation. The smaller one healed up smooth though.

Old 07-14-2005, 07:34 PM   #6
    IDBNVS2
    (male)

IDBNVS2 HB User

I have a cratered wound from using an herbal product. I have been applying vaseline to it for about 2 months now. How long does it take for these things to fill in and how do you know when it's stopped healing. Just seems like it's taking awefully long to fill in.

Thanks,
    Colin

Old 07-15-2005, 05:32 AM   #7
    vuitton
    (female)

vuitton HB User

I had the same thing happen to me, I had a mole removed from my upper eye lid. I went to the dermo and thought , OK no big deal. He took it right off, by cutting and an electric cauterazation thing.
    I got in the car and flipped out, when I looked in the mirror!
    The dero did tell me to keep neosporin on it for 2 weeks, at all times. Never letting it dry out.
    It been a year now and there is a small indentation, but its alot better than I thought it would be.
    The dermo should warn us!

Closed Thread