It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Lazer surgery for moles??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-28-2001, 09:00 PM   #1
    princessmitzoue

princessmitzoue HB User
    Post Lazer surgery for moles??

I have a few moles that I would like to get rid of. Does anyone know a good way to go about it? I have heard lazers are virtually painless & there's practically no recovery time. Has anyone ever had this done before? Is there really no down time? Can I still wear make up the next day? How much does this type of procedure cost? Is there any scarring? I would appreciate ANY type of advice/information...
    THANKS in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2001, 04:46 PM   #2
    princessmitzoue

princessmitzoue HB User
    Question

anyone?
    any info would be appreciative

Old 09-03-2001, 07:29 AM   #3
    princessmitzoue

princessmitzoue HB User
    Unhappy

hello? am i all alone in this boat? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/yawn.gif

Old 09-03-2001, 04:22 PM   #4
    blondegal
    (female)

blondegal HB User
    My experience with mole removal is that invariably I have traded a mole for a scar. It's almost unavoidable. I have had them removed through excision, then a stitch, with liquid nitrogen and it would be my guess that laser would also leave you with a scar. So it depends on where the moles are. If on the face, then you must consider that scaring is a possibility that you might regret. It could be that the scar is minimal but that you will have changes in pigmentation. But that is just MY skin and everyone heals so differently so it really is hard to predict. I know that isn't much help.

Old 09-08-2001, 06:54 PM   #5
    Lyndsey01

Lyndsey01 HB User
    i used to have 4 moles on my face that werent cancerous, they were jsut beauty marks but i didnt like them so i got them removed without resulting in scars. originally i had gone to the derms i had gone to had all told me that it would leave a scar, but my derm now, who removed them 2 years ago, did it without scarring. instead of cutting into my skin she sliced off the top, then i followed up with some laser procedures to get rid of the leftover coloring. now you could never tell i had anything! hope i could help!

Old 11-18-2003, 11:51 AM   #6
    yodiggity

yodiggity HB User
    Hello,

I had one large upraised one on my face, I got it removed and it did leave a scar. It has been almost 9 months now and it is still red. The doctor says its normal. So if you do have them removed this sceanrio could happen. This is just my experience and it may not happen to you.

Also, the plastic surgeon who did remove it left part of it by accident. So now I have to go back and have removed. And...because there was trauma (the orginal surgery) to the part of the mole left it, it grew. I want to curse, I am so mad about it.

Anyway, I went to another surgeon who says that the only way to take it off is with a scalpel. I also heard a rumor on the Internet that castrol oil and baking powder will remove moles. Who woulda thunk?

I have other unraised beauty marks on my body, anybody know how to get rid of them? Its hard to desribe them cause their different but some are light, some are dark. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Old 02-26-2004, 09:20 PM   #7
    healthychoice

healthychoice HB User
    Re: Lazer surgery for moles??

I had moles removed by laser from my face , neck and back. The laser feels like you're being popped with a rubberband. Afterward it felt like I had been burned with a cigarette all over these areas. This pain is alleviated by using a antibacterial first aid spray that relieves the pain and helps with the itch as the multiple sites start to heal. Eventually these areas will form a scab and take about a week to fall off. Here's the tricky part ,if you remove a scab before it heals you may wind up with a poc mark or indentation. (Something that happened to me when I was a little girl with the chicken pocks). Therefore,I knew to be very patient with these scabs ,even though I looked like I had a contagious disease. I applied antibacterial cream a few times a day,so that the scab wouldn't be dry and hard. The slid right off day by day and left little white spots ,which retuned to normal very quickly. Unless, I was just so glad to see the scabs and the moles gone.I was able to apply makeup right after the scabs were gone. I had actually applying it before the fell off,but you have to be carefull not to scrape the scabs off. I will be going to have somemore removed ,probably within the months ,so I dont have to have it done in the spring. The cost is approx. $350.00 with an approximate 7 day healing time. P.S. I had a lot of moles( maybe a 100 or so) it would be cheaper for less moles. Also,I had one doctor who was very good a removing them with a scapel.However , I did let one doctor, who looked like he was 100 years old ,remove one mole and he left a pockmark ,he used the laser and then just started pulling on it . So make sure your doctor has skills.

Closed Thread