It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• DR. TOBIAS

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-18-2002, 10:20 PM   #1
    MC123

MC123 HB User
    Post DR. TOBIAS

hi. has anyone heard or had their nose done by dr. tobias in ny. Please post anything you may know about him

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2002, 11:42 PM   #2
    goose
    Inactive

goose HB User
    I also live in the area and I know several patients of Tobias with complaints. A girl with her nose to short, a guy with uneven nostiril where Tobias did an alar base..a girl with a bumpy bridge.

Barek and Tabbal a good choices. If you have the option to..TRAVEL. There are several affordable docs out there that are more cost effective if you travel.. Denenberg, Toriumi.. You can save 3K +.

I personally had my primary done by Craig Foster in NY also with very poor results. I'm seeking a revision with Toriumi in Chicago. Good Luck

Go to the doctor with the most consistent results.

[This message has been edited by moderator1 (edited 03-29-2002).]

Old 04-24-2002, 01:02 AM   #3
    DAVYAK21
    Inactive

DAVYAK21 HB User
    Your not going to be able to please everyone unfortunatley.. But I flew cross country to go for a primary with Dr.Geoffrey Tobias.. And IT CHANGED MY LIFE. I have the perfect nose... Finally.. Im a male so he took just the right amount off without me lookin to GIRLY.. So I have nuthin but good thing to say about him.. I would do it again in a sec.. Amazing results!

Old 04-30-2002, 09:03 AM   #4
    bliss723
    Inactive

bliss723 HB User
    Tobias did my surgery, with very poor results. That seems to be the general consensus on him. I have read one or two posts where a patient says he is "phenomenal", but these people never respond to emails or posts, never give specifics of their surgery, and certainly never post pictures. To me, this is highly suspicious. If I personally had it to do over again, I would never, ever even waste my time consulting with him.

Old 05-01-2002, 09:28 AM   #5
    DAVYAK21
    Inactive

DAVYAK21 HB User
    Bliss... Can I ask what went wrong with your nose? Because some people have these expectations that are never gonna be filled.. So since u says u wouldnt do it over again... I want to know WHY?

Im happy with it and would do it in a heartbeat! Dr.tobias helped change my life!

Old 05-01-2002, 09:42 AM   #6
    bliss723
    Inactive

bliss723 HB User
    Hi, Davyak--my expectations were just that my nose look better after surgery than before. Unfortunately, it looks much, much worse, by anyone's standards. I have been to several doctors seeking a revision and they all agree: I have a pinched tip, my nose is quite crooked and very bumpy. There are visible dents and gaps in the bone on both sides. People have asked me if I broke my nose, and that's exactly what it looks like. My surgery changed my life too--it made me super self- conscious to the point where for a while I didn't even want to go out in public. I'm trying to deal with it, though, because right now I cannot afford more surgery. The worst thing was his attitude; I gave him every chance to explain what went wrong, and he just pretended he couldn't see what I meant. At last he admitted "it didn't come out so well", and offered to revise it, but I would never let him touch me again. I spoke with several others on whom he did bad work (I've seen their pictures). According to two I spoke with, he was very...unsupportive of their dissatisfaction, to say the least.

I'm glad that you are pleased with your results, though. What did you have done? Whom else did you consult with?

Old 05-02-2002, 03:33 PM   #7
    ginli

ginli HB User
    Hi Bliss, i didn't go to tobias but i too had a bad rhino done when i was younger, then again years later and it still looks bad. Are you going to learn to live with it or have it revised? I've kind of accepted my nose over the years but now it's really bugging me. However, i'm too scared to trust another doctor to "fix" it. Any words of encouragement? thanks again

Old 05-02-2002, 04:15 PM   #8
    bliss723
    Inactive

bliss723 HB User
    Hi Ginli--for me that's the million dollar question: can I live with it? It is much worse than my original nose, but I am so scared of getting a revision, the steep price notwithstanding. There are times I hardly think of it, others when I think I can't stand it anymore. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by moderator1 (edited 10-05-2002).]

Closed Thread