It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Breast Asymmetry

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-18-2005, 09:33 PM   #1
    bleedlikeme
    (female)

bleedlikeme HB User
    Breast Asymmetry

Hi, I'm 20 years old and my breasts are severely asymmetrical (left breast never developed, right breast developed normally). I will eventually have corrective surgery for this problem (I am on a waiting list at the moment), but because it will be performed through the public health system and not a private clinic, I am quite concerned that I will not be properly informed about my choices.

In my initial assessment I was advised that a saline implant would be best and that implant placement would be subglandular. However, discussion was limited and I'm not satisfied that the options have been properly explored, which is why I am doing the research myself.

If anybody here has a similar condition to mine, I would be very grateful to speak to you, but general information and experiences with breast implants is more than welcome as well. Under normal circumstances I would never have chosen to have breast augmentation, but since I have no choice, I want to make sure that I am equipped with as much knowledge as possible. I don't want to go from one horror story to another.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread