It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Best Revision Rhinos in World?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-11-2002, 12:23 PM   #1
    kayUK

kayUK HB User
    Unhappy Best Revision Rhinos in World?

Hi all

Had a first rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago, am feeling very depressed with the results. The doc has shortened and pushed the nose up more than I wanted, it's quite thick and turned up at the end, and he also scooped out more than he should.

I had a long thin roman nose beforehand, with a hump. I very much want my old nose back!! Can anyone reccommend revision surgeons - anywhere in the world, but PLEASE the best!! I hated the whole procedure and recovery, so I don't want to have to keep going back for more.

By the way, I'm from the UK and had the surgery done by a Mr Nishikawa in B'ham. Does anyone know of good revision surgeons please? I know I have to wait a year before getting it redone, but with your guys' help I can research the next surgeon thoroughly. Please help!

Kay

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2002, 02:30 PM   #2
    danica1234
    Inactive

danica1234 HB User
    If you're only 3 weeks post-op, you still have a TON of healing to do! It will get more refined every single day. It takes up to a YEAR or more for you to see the final result! Most surgeons won't even touch a nose that's been operated on for at least 6 months. May say to wait a year.. Just for the healing to be able to take place. You're still very swollen! I'm actually at amost 3 weeks post-op right now.. Will be on Thursday anyway. Mine will take a lot longer because this was my second surgery... Revision. I don't know of any good revision doctors in England.. I'm sure they're out there though. My advise to you would be to consider traveling to the US if you're still unhappy with the results in another couple months. If you go to a 'bad' surgeon again.. you'll end up spending A LOT more money in the long run by having to go to yet another doctor to fix the first and second doctors mistakes! It will cost much more than a plane ticket to a great doctor!

Old 12-12-2003, 02:04 AM   #3
    bobby9901

bobby9901 HB User
    Re: Best Revision Rhinos in World?

Hey Kay,

Im from london to and have had the same problem as u. I to had a nice long roman type of nose thin as well but just with a hump. the PS in london came very highly recommened but the outcome wasnt so great. Im 8 weeks after my op and maybe its just still swelling which i hope and now i have an even bigger problem my eye is still black. I he shorten the nose its not so scooped out thank hell but im asian long nose look good on me and my tip was causing me problems to breath but now its seems short and wide and im so anygry. I think going to the US is a good option DR nassif i hear is very good with revision rhino surgeons in the UK fail to reliaze what looks good on the person judging by his skin colour ethnice background and overall features, they just want give you a nose that they are trained in and know only what to do. Let me know whats not right with yours.

Old 12-12-2003, 01:00 PM   #4
    AK47
    (male)

AK47 HB User

I do think it is early for you to consider a revision.However since you asked the two names I see talked about the most for revisions who seem to be very well respected are the followingr. Dean Toriumi in Chicago IL. and Dr.Norman Pastorek in New York City.I'm going to consult with both of them this spring.
    Hope this is useful.

Old 12-12-2003, 05:08 PM   #5
    pixy2169

pixy2169 HB User

Oh, my. You are still so early in the process! I am now 19 weeks post op and I still don;t know what my final nose will look like! Give your nose time to heal and time for the swelling to go down!
    I have included a link to my pictures Ihave taken throught my process. I heve experienced a great deal of day to day change. you will too!

[removed]

Last edited by Guardian; 12-12-2003 at 06:16 PM. Reason: website was posted against board guidelines

Old 12-18-2003, 07:43 AM   #6
    bobby9901

bobby9901 HB User

I have just found to great websites for revision in the US. even though im still early best to do a little research now just in case!!! But check out
    Jromano I love his redo he make sure the person has the right nose for his face even though people ask for small noses which may not suit them. Also Drconstantian he really helps the people whos noses are behond repair check out his re-dos. and of course DrNassif. But I think in order to get redo u should wait for 1 year ask a lot of people who new you before if its worse or suits your face do you research well because you dont wanta go through depression again but personally, things are just left to rest and Gods nature unless its really bad i dont think u should worry about the minor things of your face go join a gym!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-29-2004, 11:53 PM   #7
    piecorp

piecorp HB User

Listen, I have had 5 rhinoplastys (ashamed to admit that) all because of the result of a poorly done initial one. Yes, your nose will change slightly as it heals, however, and I speak from experience: unfortunately the nose you see 3 weeks post-op won't be that different from one year, basic structure, height, width, proportions, etc will remain pretty close to the same. I had the fifth and final rhino done by one of the best rhino docs in the world, Dr. Ellenbogen in Los Angeles. This Dr. teaches post-graduate studies on revision rhinos and his ground-breaking techniques are taught to doctors all over the world. He charges $12,000 and up for a revision, but when it comes to your face, self-image, and satisfaction I belive no price is too high. He brought my nose down to 90 degrees, carved brand new, circular, natural nostrils (something 99% of PS doctors cannot or won't do) and no one would ever be able to tell I've had anything done. Sorry about the first one, but if you get it right the second time by one of the best docs in the world, your nose should look just the way you wanted it to.

Good Luck

CRM

Last edited by piecorp; 04-29-2004 at 11:54 PM.

Old 05-27-2004, 11:33 AM   #8
    terryvalai

terryvalai HB User

Funny. Ellenbogen did my primary and since he removed too much my nose collapsed. He had to take graft from my ear a second time and he messed it up even more. I, now, myself am looking for a good revision surgeon. I definitely would not recommend Ellenbogen and he is not even listed as top revisionists in the rhino sites.

Old 05-27-2004, 05:48 PM   #9
    blu_eyes11219
    Inactive

blu_eyes11219 HB User

donnot go to dr ellenbogen.....i have heard many horror stories about that doctor...
    If i were you ....go to nyc and check out tabbal and constantinides or i heard toriumi is good as well but he is not in ny

Old 08-03-2004, 03:55 PM   #10
    Jaquiline

Jaquiline HB User

I'm still doing some research on the best revision rhinoplasy surgeons, and the name Dr. Jeoffrey Tobias came up. He's based in NY and NJ, and I'm doing more research on him and visiting with him for a consult in a couple of weeks. I will post a "reply" to the thread titled "Dr. Jeoffrey Tobias?" with details about the consult, so you can see how it went. I would definitely suggest coming to the US. Dr. Nassif is another name that I've seen a lot of praise abt., and he's in CA (supposedly one of the best revision rhino surgeons in the world). Good luck!

Old 08-03-2004, 07:44 PM   #11
    otto78
    (female)

otto78 HB User

If you're willing to travel you should go and see Dr. Gilberto Ponti in Rome (he speaks English very well). His father Lionello Ponti was one of the greatest plastic surgeon ever. His technique for rhinoplasty is thought all over the world. I believe his son is the one that can performe his technique at the very best.

Old 05-09-2005, 07:36 PM   #12
    evelyn1
    (female)

evelyn1 HB User

aren't there any docs in areas other than large metro areas? i am in triangle area of NC looking for revision. my nose is not all that bad, but I would like to have the tip redone.

Closed Thread