It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Obagi blue peel

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-12-2002, 05:29 PM   #1
    Rhondadee

Rhondadee HB User
    Post Obagi blue peel

I just recently started the Obagi skin care system and so far so good. I'm in my mid early 50's and am trying to undo sun damage and improve the texture of my skin as well as possibly eliminate fine wrinkles. I'm considering the blue peel after my initial 12 weeks. All the literature raves about this peel but I'd like to hear from others who've actually had it done. My skin is olive and is combination dry/oily. Was it worth it? Discomfort? Down time? Results what you expected?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2002, 02:18 PM   #2
    Kaci

Kaci HB User
    Talking

Hi
    Ive had the Obagi Blue peel. I had mine done cause i had quite alot of scaring from acne. I am 30. The doctor told me i would only need a few days off work but i took me 2 weeks to finish peeling and look 'normal' again so i would definatly give yourself enough time as in the write ups they do say u should be healed within 4 days. It did help my scars although the result wasnt as good as i had expected, But They do say 2 treatment are usually required. It also really helped with my pigmentation marks but i cant say if it helped with wrinkles as 'luckly' so far i dont have any.
    It was very painfull so ask for painkillers upfront if u are offered any. In my opinion i think it is worth it and it is a safer option then and laser or surgery.
    I hope this help, i'd be interest to hear how u got on.

K

Old 04-23-2002, 02:40 PM   #3
    Rhondadee

Rhondadee HB User
    Thanks for the info. I'm still not ready to take the plunge yet. I saw it demonstrated on someone and she said it really burned. Had you previously been using Obagi system? I'm in my seventh week and I'm still peeling. I'm not sure I'd want the peel and then another 4 weeks of redness and peeling on top of it. I guess I'll just keep doing some research as I have at least another 5 wks before I'm to the peel stage. Thanks again!
    Rhondadee

Old 07-31-2002, 10:42 AM   #4
    jen56

jen56 HB User
    Cool

I have had an obagi blue peel and loved the results. I have scarring from multiple surgeries on my face and it smoothed them out and faded the scars. It took about five to 7 days to look about normal again, but it does depend on how many layers you have done. I only one last time, but am having a deeper one done tomorrow!!

Oh, but it does hurt reallllly bad. Ask your doctor for a local anesthetic to the face to reduce pain. I am having that done this time. But as far as hurting after the procedure, it didnt bother me one bit, just looked pretty scary for a while...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread