It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• i got these "blocked pore" thingies on my nose..my derm said i should stick a hot ne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-15-2002, 11:19 PM   #1
    JamieMadrox

JamieMadrox HB User
    Post i got these "blocked pore" thingies on my nose..my derm said i should stick a hot ne

hey i got about 15-20 little scar thingies on my nose.. my derm said that it wasn't scars but blocked pores... he told me that they wont go on their own, but instead i need to cauterizing them with a cauterizing machine..basically he wanted to stick a hot needle in my pore and burn the junk off.. do you think this is safe? has anybody had a procedure like this done on your face?? i dunno, one part of me says that, what the heck, i got TCA peels before and glycolic peels that made my face practically burn and look like a 3rd degree burn... and then 2 weeks later it was like healed and looked better... but another part of me is like... i dunno....what do you think? give you your input please! thanks! what is the beset way to get rid of these thingies on my nose? should i try a really deep peel? do dermabrasion on my nose?? or try to cauterize them off? please help ...thanks!

- jamie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2002, 01:52 PM   #2
    sammydog4

sammydog4 HB User
    If you don't feel comfortable with his treatment plan, get a second opinion. You only have one face!

Old 07-17-2002, 06:19 AM   #3
    axon1

axon1 HB User
    Why don't try dermabrasion? Definitely get a second opinion.

Old 08-12-2002, 03:05 PM   #4
    txlilly

txlilly HB User
    A dermatologist can "freeze" the clogged pores; they will scab for a few days then go away. I've had it done.

Old 09-28-2002, 06:01 PM   #5
    JamieMadrox

JamieMadrox HB User
    txlillie- i live in chicago and i asked several dermatologists and "freezing the pores" and they all told me that they only use liquid nitrogen for warts.. what do you mean by freezing the pores?? and where do you live?? what derm did you see... i live in ausitn texas, so if u live in tx, maybe i'll go to get this taken care of...thanks

- jamie

Closed Thread