It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Dr. Tabbal & other Revision NYC Docs

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-28-2001, 07:21 PM   #1
    elisab

elisab HB User
    Post Dr. Tabbal & other Revision NYC Docs

Hi everyone,
    I am new here, however i post quite often at the revision rhino network. . .I had primary rhino performed 6 yrs ago by Dr. Pastorek of NYC. . .I was happy w/ my improvement originally (I had a bump, and wide bridge). . .Now my nose is quite straight, still long (what is called a "Roman" nose), and I feel like my tip points down. . .I am very lucky b/c I do not consider my nose "botched". Dr. Patorek was extremely conservative w/ my nose, leaving lots of cartilage making me an easy revision candidate. I know 5 people who had their primaries w/ tabbal, their noses are impeccable, natural, and beautiful.

I want to get a revision, so that I may have a more sculpted and defined nose. Has anyone had a revision done by Tabbal or any other great Doc in NY? Please let me know. . .as I have a consult w/ him early April

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2001, 06:51 AM   #2
    hiltz1
    Inactive

hiltz1 HB User
    I had the same experience with Dr. Pastorek 4 years ago. I was happy with the results, but feel that he was too conservative. I have been looking for a revision doctor, but have not heard of Dr. Tabbal. Can you tell me how your consultation was or if you hear of another doctor.
    Thanks

Old 01-25-2002, 03:21 PM   #3
    insearchof

insearchof HB User
    Question

So what was the outcome of your consult with Dr. Tabbal?

Old 03-26-2002, 08:39 PM   #4
    dmbsgrl

dmbsgrl HB User
    I am looking into docs for a primary rhino. I was wondering if you could tell me how much Pastorek charged for ur primary.

Old 04-06-2002, 11:05 AM   #5
    mudd
    (female)

mudd HB User
    hi, any info on the visit with Dr. Tabbal in NYC? Has anyone gone to him for a revision?

thanks!

Old 04-19-2002, 08:17 AM   #6
    millr
    (female)

millr HB User
    I had a revision with pastorek and he did an amazing job! I have seen work ny Tabbal and was less than impressed. I guess a doctor, no matter how good he is , can be inconsistent

Old 06-20-2002, 06:01 AM   #7
    annie03

annie03 HB User
    Hi Millr, saw your post on Tabbal and how you weren't impressed by his noses [or the ones you saw]. So my question is: did they look 'done', were they too scooped? Some people write that he's the best and does impeccable and natural work, but since he doesn't show any B/A pics, how can one tell. Thanks for any info on this, annie03

Old 06-21-2002, 06:40 AM   #8
    mudd
    (female)

mudd HB User
    hi,
    I am interested in hearing from anyone about Dr. Constantian - I am thinking of going to him for a revision and wondered what experiences people have had.

thanks
    m

Old 06-21-2002, 06:42 AM   #9
    mudd
    (female)

mudd HB User
    PS: I have not met with him or anyone yet so would appreciate information on him or Tabbal or others that people recommend. I live in downtown Boston but can travel if I have to.

thanks
    M

Old 06-21-2002, 08:12 PM   #10
    Angie1

Angie1 HB User
    If you are looking for a good revision doctor and are willing to travel, check out Dr. Toriumi in Chicago. From what I've heard on several boards he's supposed to be one of the best for complex revisions. Can I ask how many nose jobs you have gotten and what exactly you don't like about it?
    To answer you question about Dr. Constantian, his website is pretty impressive and seems really knowledgeable, but I'm not sure about the aesthetic aspect of his noses. You really need to go for a consultation to see, and not just settle for the first PS you come in contact with. You need to research and consult with many doctors to make sure you are getting the proper attention and care you need! ~Hope this helps~

Old 06-22-2002, 04:00 AM   #11
    mudd
    (female)

mudd HB User
    Thanks for the info. I have had two priors. I wish more people would post their experiences. thanks again-

Mudd

Old 06-22-2002, 08:52 AM   #12
    mudd
    (female)

mudd HB User
    PS: I did check out Toriumi's website and thought his pictures were excellent, however, it seems that constantian's are just as impressive and he uses the closed approach (in fact- he specializes in it) and it appears that Toriumi uses the open approach, which I don't want. From what I could see from looking at several of the "experts" before and after pics - Toriumi, Constantian, Becker and Ellenbogan (although I think some people had bad experiences with him so I wouldn't go to Ellenbogan probably) are the best. There weren't any before and after pics for Tababal so I have no idea but people say he's one of the best and Tobias also, whose website was a mass marketing display (just that alone kind of turned me off).
    It seems there is a very small handful of surgeons that I would go to! Any feedback from anyone who has gone to any of these people would be appreciated.

Old 06-23-2002, 12:11 AM   #13
    summer33ny
    (female)

summer33ny HB User

Where is Dr. Constanian located????

Old 06-30-2002, 12:48 PM   #14
    ginli

ginli HB User
    I read on another board about Becker and it wasn't flattering at all, if it was the same guy.

Old 07-01-2002, 06:40 AM   #15
    ginli

ginli HB User
    Also, about Constantian, when i went for a consult for eyelids with another doctor, i mentioned about my nose which he said he didn't have the expertise to do. He mentioned Constantian but less favorably than i had hoped. Said he didn't care for his noses at all. Of course, that was his opinion.

Closed Thread