HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/cosmetic-plastic-surgery/)
-   -   Oculoplastic sugeons in NYC_ for lower bleph? (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/cosmetic-plastic-surgery/30141-oculoplastic-sugeons-nyc_-lower-bleph.html)

crackerjack 02-18-2002 04:17 PM

Oculoplastic sugeons in NYC_ for lower bleph?

I am in my early twenties looking for a PS for a very SUBTLE lower bleph- i have moderate puffiness under my eyes. People are saying I should go to an oculoplastic surgeon who specializes in the eyes. I was considering Sherman or Antell...but they don't specialize in eyes...I heard of a Glenn Jelks, but someone told me their eyes were ruined by the man. Any advice?

[This message has been edited by moderator3 (edited 03-24-2002).]

ginli 02-28-2002 04:44 PM

I've heard good things about arthur millman at manhattan eye and ear. check him out.

crackerjack 03-01-2002 06:18 PM

Can you tell me what you've heard? Thanks.

ginli 03-14-2002 05:06 AM

I just read on other boards that he is good. He has a website but i don't know what it is. Maybe if you put arthur millman you can find it. Also, i've heard of good things with dr sherman. hope this helps

ginli 05-14-2002 06:11 AM

drmillman sherman, from what i've heard on the other boards is excellent as is codner in atlanta and carraway in virigina

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 01-31-2003).]

PROWLEY 01-31-2003 08:56 PM

I had lower eyelid surgery by Glenn Jelks and he did a great job. He was able to lift the lower lid. I went to 4 other oculoplastic surgeons and had 4 failed surgeries. Dr Jelks is agreat surgeon.

PROWLEY 02-02-2003 11:19 AM

My lower right lid was retracted and yhe upper lids just needed some skin trimmed. I had 4 prior surgeries to correct the drooping of the skin on the lower right and none of the other surgeries did anything. Iwent to Richard Lisman in nyc and 2 oculoplastic surgeons in Wash DC

PhilaGirl 03-23-2003 12:29 PM

So far I must agree with ginli as I've heard Carraway is the best for eye cosmetic surgery in the east. He does many revisions and corrects bad fat injections to the eyelid area, or so I've heard.

sueee 04-28-2003 05:56 PM

[quote]Originally posted by PROWLEY:
[b]My lower right lid was retracted and yhe upper lids just needed some skin trimmed. I had 4 prior surgeries to correct the drooping of the skin on the lower right and none of the other surgeries did anything. Iwent to Richard Lisman in nyc and 2 oculoplastic surgeons in Wash DC[/b][/quote]

I have appointment with Lisman coming up. Please tell me why he was so good. I want to have lower lids done - from the inside, not the traditional bleph. why did you choose him? Have you heard of Dr. Amiya Prasad, also of Manhattan?

sueee 04-28-2003 05:58 PM

[quote]Originally posted by PROWLEY:
[b]I had lower eyelid surgery by Glenn Jelks and he did a great job. He was able to lift the lower lid. I went to 4 other oculoplastic surgeons and had 4 failed surgeries. Dr Jelks is agreat surgeon.[/b][/quote]

have you heard of dr. amiya prasad of Manhattan? could you tell me the names of the four other oculoplastic surgeons you went to in Manhattan?

yeadonite 11-21-2004 03:53 PM

Re: Oculoplastic sugeons in NYC_ for lower bleph?

[QUOTE=sueee]have you heard of dr. amiya prasad of Manhattan? could you tell me the names of the four other oculoplastic surgeons you went to in Manhattan?[/QUOTE]

Why is it so hard to find a good PS in NYC?

trena000 12-19-2004 10:28 AM

PLEASE HELP in OKLAHOMA ! Lower bleph problems!

My boyfriend had the lower & upper bleph almost 4 weeks ago & now has lower eyelid retraction on both eyes, with his right eye being worse than the left. He also has some excessive skin that looks like it should've been removed on both upper eyes. He is being told by the original surgeon that correction is most likely going to take another surgery. We have searched the internet & it seems that most things have said you should wait 3 to 6 months prior to having a correctional surgery. Has anyone had this correctional surgery done? We live in Oklahoma & desperately need to know of a good surgeon for the correctional surgery. His original surgeon has set up an appointment with Dr. Abel in Muskogee. Has anyone had a surgery done by this doctor & does anyone have recommendations on other surgeons??? Thanks so much!!!

Stacycat 12-26-2004 04:57 PM

I used Dr. Spinelli. He did a facelift, endocscopic browlift, and upper bleph. He did okay. I wouldn't go back though.

jinglebts 12-26-2004 05:16 PM

[QUOTE=Stacycat]I used Dr. Spinelli. He did a facelift, endocscopic browlift, and upper bleph. He did okay. I wouldn't go back though.[/QUOTE]

why not?

jb