It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

may 23rd w/tabbal... done!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-28-2002, 08:46 PM   #1
evdld

evdld HB User
Talking may 23rd w/tabbal... done!

well, it's done! i had a rhino with tabbal on may 23, and it went quite smoothly, i must say. of course, only 5 days post-op, so all is not yet revealed, but it's looking great. my work was mainly a narrowing of the upper third bridge (which looks perfect, even now) and a narrowing of the lower third tip cartiledges, which look much more streamlined but are still rather swollen & sore, as to be expected. i had very minimal bruising; my left eye was blackening underneath as i left the hospital post-op, and the bruising exteneded to under the right eye the next day, but my lids only had a slight purpling in the inner corner, and today, 5 days post-op, it's mostly yellow and almost gone. tabbal did the whole thing closed. he had told me that he would do it closed, with the option to "open it up at the end if he couldn't get the refinement in the tip that he wanted"... but apparrently he did not need to do that. he also did an alar base reduction, so i had a few stitches at the base of each nostril which came out today, and you can barely see the inscision line. no packing (he says he never uses it). i am quite pleased and feeling great! there was very little pain and currently i am just still stuffy and runny, but no worse than a moderate cold. doctor/patient-wise, tabbal is not a touchy-feely guy... he said very few words to me before the operation, (i teased him, saying "do you even remember what we are going to do today?... an appendectomy!") and i did not see him at all afterward, tho he did visit my mom in the waiting room to tell her all went well. and he wasn't even there this morning for my followup -- the nurse removed the tape and stitches, and said he'd see me in two months "when my nose settles down"... BUT my surgery could not have been smoother or more painless, the bruising was SO minimal compared to post-op photos i've seen online (and i am very fair and bruise quite easily!) and so far my nose looks great. i went out today and felt fabulous. so i would have to give dr. tabbal my wholehearted reccommendation given my experience so far. i already love it and the tip hasn't even calmed down yet. i would say if you can deal with the "no pictures" and the business-like demeanor, dr. tabbal is first-rate. thanks to all on this board for helping me make my decision so quickly. best regards & good luck to all who are still working on it...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2003, 02:43 PM   #2
spatsynyc

spatsynyc HB User
Hi Lixilont and evdld!!! How are you and how are your noses doing? I am trying to find out as much about tabbal as I can since there are no pics. You sound so pleased with your surgery. Please write back.

Closed Thread