It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Has anyone had success removing spider veins?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-01-2003, 04:51 PM   #1
    Snowing

Snowing HB User
    Post Has anyone had success removing spider veins?

I'm looking for positive or negative feedback.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2003, 07:09 PM   #2
    Kyssa

Kyssa HB User
    Thumbs up

Hi Snowing....I haven't had it done, as I'm fortunate not to have but a few that are barely visible. I have a friend, however, that had tried several approaches to get rid of VERY visible spider veins on each side of her nose, including laser treatments without success.

She just recently complained to her Dermatologist that she felt she'd wasted a lot of time and money on the treatments he'd given her over the last year or two. The doc told her that what usually worked for other patients wasn't working for her because hers were more visible than most of his patients and they were more plentiful.

Her Derm said he'd try using the "Yag Laser" on her veins next to her nose, but explained that the Yag is usually used for legs rather than the nose area.

He did it, and she LOVES the results. As soon as the treatment was over, the veins were no longer visible! She got immediate results, and she's ecstatic!! I've seen it, so I know it's true. They sure look GONE to me! She doesn't even seem to have any redness or anything from the laser being done, which surprised me. She was told she may need one more "follow-up" treatment, but that should be it. Even if she chooses not to have the follow up treatment, she's so much happier with her face. If it's leg spider veins you're asking about, then the Yag seems to be the best for that according to her doc. HTH!

Old 07-27-2004, 11:49 AM   #3
    Zoiberg

Zoiberg HB User
    Re: Has anyone had success removing spider veins?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kyssa
    Hi Snowing....I haven't had it done, as I'm fortunate not to have but a few that are barely visible. I have a friend, however, that had tried several approaches to get rid of VERY visible spider veins on each side of her nose, including laser treatments without success.

She just recently complained to her Dermatologist that she felt she'd wasted a lot of time and money on the treatments he'd given her over the last year or two. The doc told her that what usually worked for other patients wasn't working for her because hers were more visible than most of his patients and they were more plentiful.

Her Derm said he'd try using the "Yag Laser" on her veins next to her nose, but explained that the Yag is usually used for legs rather than the nose area.

He did it, and she LOVES the results. As soon as the treatment was over, the veins were no longer visible! She got immediate results, and she's ecstatic!! I've seen it, so I know it's true. They sure look GONE to me! She doesn't even seem to have any redness or anything from the laser being done, which surprised me. She was told she may need one more "follow-up" treatment, but that should be it. Even if she chooses not to have the follow up treatment, she's so much happier with her face. If it's leg spider veins you're asking about, then the Yag seems to be the best for that according to her doc. HTH!
    Kyssa, I wanted to know if I could find out more information about your friend? Where did she get it done and how much did it cost? I have the same problem (except on my cheek) and I can't find anyone local that will do it. Anyone who uses Yag, doesn't use it for spider veins and other lasers didn't work for me and I'm sick of wasting money.

Old 07-30-2004, 10:08 AM   #4
    oldwheat

oldwheat HB User

Well I had it done about 5 years ago with excellent results. It was worth every penny to me. The doctor was very good and I went 1 time only. I did'
    nt have lots of them but the location were quite visible and really bugged me. If you have more you would go back. It was 300 I did'nt mind spending it. After you have it done they have you wear a bandage wrapped around your leg. You wear this for severl days and do it because it helps to get rid of them! Did it hurt? No just a little sting here and there! I encourage you to go for it! Laura

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-06-2004, 06:39 PM   #5
    kjane
    (female)

kjane HB User

I had saline injections and had to wear support hose 24hrs a day for 3 days after the procedure. It was uncomfortable and the support hose were REALLY tight.

In the end, ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGE AND I EVEN THINK THEY GOT WORSE A FEW MONTHS LATER. My advice is forget the injections, I'd have MUCH rather driven by the doctors office and thrown $400 out the car window. I'll never get that day back that I WASTED!

So sorry I'm so bitter but I had it done in the middle of August and wore those horrible hose all that time, in the shower, and to bed. For nothing. I hope someday another procedure will be effective. I just wanted to give you the facts so you make a careful decision. I do have a lot of spider veins (no VV's) maybe that procedure is for someone who only has a small patch. My legs are like Mapquest unfortunately.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Old 09-14-2004, 12:34 AM   #6
    bluebluerose

bluebluerose HB User

I totally concur, kjane. I only went once for sclerotherapy and it did absolutely NOTHING! What a rip off. Well, maybe something would have improved eventually if I wanted to spend thousands of dollars!!!! And yes, I, too, had to wear the damn support hose. That's another rip off. I think it was close to $50 for one pair!!!

I spent $250 for one 15-minute treatment. I requested and just received in the mail my medical records from the place because I wanted to compare the "before" pictures that were taken with my legs as they appear right now, five months later. Absolutely no difference. If there was even a smidgeon of an improvement, I might have gone back again in hopes that the second time would be the charm, but nope. I wish I had that $$ back and bought something with it that I could actually see. Or used it for some fun weekend.

I think the medical profession needs to investigate all these places that say they can get rid of your leg veins. I don't think they should be allowed to be so "iffy" about results. Maybe the payment for services should be based on an actual identifiable result. I don't know. I guess I just got kind of turned off. I think if I ever go for some cosmetic fixing up ever again I am going to be prepared to ask many many questions and get some reasonable answers!

Closed Thread