It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Anybody had a Nose job under Local & Deep Anesthesia?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-04-2003, 04:13 AM   #1
    zibah

zibah HB User
    Post Anybody had a Nose job under Local & Deep Anesthesia?

Hi, I am scheduled to have a nose job at the end of this month and I think that I am getting a little scared to go under General Anesthesia. That is where you are completely asleep and are not aware of what is going on?

In any case I am now getting a little scared to go under general anesthesia and was thinking of Local Anesthesia with Deep intravenous sedation. This is when the area of the nose is nummed and also your whole body is relaxed and will feel no pain.

My research found that deep intravenous sedation although you are awake, you are still in somewhat of a sleep but you are relaxed and are still somewhat aware

In any case, if anybody and I mean anybody at all has had a Nose job under Local anesthesia and deep intravenous sedation, please let me know how it felt for you.

Did you feel any pain during the procedure? Did you remember anything during and after the procedure? Did your surgeon had to fracture any of your nose bones?
    How long did your surgery take? Because my surgeon says mine will take 2 to 3 hours. Like whoa

Okay I look forward to hearing from anybody and everybody on this board that has had a nose job under
    local anesthesia and deep intravenous sedation. Please answer all my questions above. I would like to hear from somebody before my surgery. Thanks All.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2003, 12:38 PM   #2
    jitjit
    Inactive

jitjit HB User
    had one a long time ago. no bones broken. had local no general or sedation. shots in nose are horrible. feels like nails being pounded in your nose. Ive also heard this from others. if you need bones broken you must have general. also they may chisel and scrape bones so you would need to be under. if no bones are broken i would think sedation would be ok.

Closed Thread