It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Can anyone tell me Dr. Tabbal Cost for nose job?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-07-2003, 02:37 AM   #1
    Laurie2000

Laurie2000 HB User
    Red face Can anyone tell me Dr. Tabbal Cost for nose job?

I'm planning to have secondary rhinoplastry done. I have heart a lot of good result from Dr. Tabbal. But nobody mention about the price spending. If possible can somebody give me this information so I can estimate my budget. Other docs are Okey too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2003, 08:57 AM   #2
    trainboxer
    Inactive

trainboxer HB User
    I am just curious. What did you not like about your first rhinoplasty results that you want a second one done?

[This message has been edited by trainboxer (edited 05-07-2003).]

Old 05-07-2003, 05:56 PM   #3
    GirlGirl

GirlGirl HB User
    Talking

Hi!
    I am getting my second revision done in a few weeks; however, I do not know the doctor you are mentioning. In response to TRAINBOXER, it is very common to have 2 nose jobs because the cartilage is a tricky thing. Also, the older you are, the more "memory" cartilage has and as you know, your nose is mostly cartilage. Recreating a new shape is art. A similar example for "memory" would be braces: teeth will have a tendency to move back to its original position and that is why you are encouraged to wear a retainer (my ortho said to wear my retainer -forever- at night a few times per week to keep the position) Also, it is common not to have even scar tissue healing-as is the case with me. No, I don't have a one-sided blob on my nose but I can see it. Most people can't. When I consulted with the various plastic surgeons and reconstructive surgeons, EACH ONE told me that I may need two surgeries.

Laurie-why don't you go back to your original surgeon? He/she should have offered the second revision as a non-cost item. Granted, you would probably have to pay the anesthesiologist and surgery room fees but that is only a fraction of the surgeon's fee. This is the case with me and was offered with the other Dr's I consulted with. They felt it was their responsibility to get it done right. Check back with your original doctor about this but this needed to be discussed in the first place (not your fault at all). If you go with a different doctor for revision, it will cost just as much as a regular nose job. The new doctor probably won't see it as a revision, in his eyes, it is just another surgery with a new patient. Good luck! If you want, I can post you about my second experience.....

Old 05-23-2003, 11:41 AM   #4
    AK47
    (male)

AK47 HB User
    I had a primary with Dr.Tabbal and his fee was $8000

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-20-2003, 09:59 AM   #5
    starlitgem

starlitgem HB User
    AK47, how did your primary with Tabbal turn out? are you pleased? Do you have before & after shots?

Old 11-05-2003, 03:09 PM   #6
    AK47
    (male)

AK47 HB User
    Its been six months since my primary and as of this moment I cannot say I'm happy.Dr. Tabbal did what he said he would,and from that perspective I cannot complain.However I feel my nose is still too large and I want to have a revision.I'm not sure If I would use him again as he is VERY conservative and I doubt that he will do what I want.Hope this info helps.

Old 11-07-2003, 01:22 PM   #7
    kerin

kerin HB User
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Laurie2000
    I'm planning to have secondary rhinoplastry done. I have heart a lot of good result from Dr. Tabbal. But nobody mention about the price spending. If possible can somebody give me this information so I can estimate my budget. Other docs are Okey too.
    I just had my consultation yesterday with him for a primary. For my case, his fee was $7,500. Then of course by the time you add hospital fees etc you are over $9,000. It seems like he costs more than most based on what I have read on line...but I decided it was worth it. I sceduled for next month!

Old 11-16-2003, 07:24 AM   #8
    starlitgem

starlitgem HB User
    AK47 Thanks for that update!
    I can't believe after all that research he did such a conservative job. And he charges so much too.
    I'm cancelling my consult with him for the 11/24/03. If anyone else wants it let me know.

I'm getting my PS in Thailand. I have connections there so it's MUCH cheaper.

Old 11-19-2003, 09:55 PM   #9
    pointy nose

pointy nose HB User
    Re: Can anyone tell me Dr. Tabbal Cost for nose job?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Laurie2000
    I called Dr. Tabbal a week ago and was told $11,000 for a primary. I want to consult with two docs and then decide. Anyone know of another good rhinoplasty doc in NY to try? I was considering Dr. Tobias because he only does nose jobs but he uses a special microsuture technique that is suppose to retain the shape longer but I'm afraid to use him because he's the only guy that does this. Thoughts anyone? Anyone else to consider? Money is no object for me for this. I want the best.

Old 11-29-2003, 12:10 PM   #10
    AK47
    (male)

AK47 HB User
    To pointy nose

Another top New York City surgeon to consider is DR.Norman Pastorek.Many people have spoken highly of him.

Old 01-02-2004, 10:07 AM   #11
    zoei

zoei HB User

I just had surgury with Dr. Tabbal _I highly recommend him $8000 for the nose

Old 01-02-2004, 10:21 AM   #12
    starlitgem

starlitgem HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zoei
    I just had surgury with Dr. Tabbal _I highly recommend him $8000 for the nose
    Over the phone I was actually quoted the total would come out to $11,000!!! How did you only pay $8000?

Is his work very subtle? What did you have *fixed*? Like was your nose too wide, too high, too long, etc....

Old 01-02-2004, 05:55 PM   #13
    zoei

zoei HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by starlitgem
    Over the phone I was actually quoted the total would come out to $11,000!!! How did you only pay $8000?

Is his work very subtle? What did you have *fixed*? Like was your nose too wide, too high, too long, etc....
    Hi, $8,000 was for my surgical fees only, then with hospital and anesthesia fees it is more. I also had a chin implant replaced so my price breakdown may be different then yours. I had a severe deformity of my nose-I was in a head on collision with a drunk driver and my nose was collapsed on one side and had deterioration of soft tissue. The tip was deformed and crooked. I would say I had my nose reconstructed rather then "fixed". What I can tell you is that I feel that Dr. Tabbal is the best out there. In the past I had also consulted with Dr. Baker and decided not to do anything. My nose was a huge risk to anyones reputation and Dr. Tabbal gave me my face back. I heard of him through another plastic surgeon which should tell you that he is highly regarded. And Yes it looks NATURAL!

Closed Thread