It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

Anyone have their eyes done?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-27-2005, 08:34 AM   #1
chitowngl
(female)

chitowngl HB User
Anyone have their eyes done?

Has anyone ever had their eyes done? I am thinking of having this procedure and wondered if you were pleased and about how long it took before you didn't mind goind back in public I am also considering a chemical peel. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Carrie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2005, 12:50 PM   #2
greeneyes100
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User
Re: Anyone have their eyes done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitowngl
Has anyone ever had their eyes done? I am thinking of having this procedure and wondered if you were pleased and about how long it took before you didn't mind goind back in public I am also considering a chemical peel. Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Carrie
I had my eyes done about three years ago--upper and lower blepharoplasty. I'm quite pleased with the results. The downtime is only about 1-1/2 to 2 weeks, depending on how well you follow your doctor's instructions. My doctor used dissolving stitches, so they didn't have to be removed. I had very hooded upper eyelids and no crease at all, and bags underneath. Now I have a small crease and NO BAGS UNDERNEATH! It looks really natural and I think it makes me look at least five years younger. I am 50. In two years, I will have enough money for a full facelift, which is when I think I will need it most.

Actually, I would go for a CO2 laser resurfacing instead of the peel because a laser resurfacing also tightens your face a lot. You will need about two weeks of down time for both procedures, but they can be done at the same time. I only paid $3,000 for everything, upper and lower eyes. Make sure you look at before and after pictures when choosing a doctor and they must be board certified. My doctor was triple board certified! Although, I don't think he did quite enough on the upper eyelids, I am still really pleased with the results. I would say go for it!

Old 08-09-2005, 08:19 AM   #3
AllysHeart
(female)

AllysHeart HB User

I am going tomorrow afternoon for a consultation for the blepharoplasty and laser resurfacing. I am almost 50 and would like to have the puffy bags under my eyes gone for good. I feel assured by greeneyes' remarks that it will work out well.

greeneyes, how presentable did you look in one month, as far as attending functions in public? During the next couple of months, I have a month in between two different functions. I'm wondering if I should have to wait for the procedure until after the second function. One is my spouse's class reunion and the other is a trip to visit my great aunt in Chicago.

When you said downtime was 2 weeks, were you able to go to work?

Old 08-10-2005, 08:25 AM   #4
greeneyes100
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User

Actually, if you get a laser resurfacing, I believe it's at least two weeks of downtime. And, it's very important to wear sunscreen if you go outside. As for the bleph, I looked great after only two weeks. I just had some residual bruising which I covered up with concealer. I only told a few people at work and they did notice a difference, but the difference was so subtle, so the people that I didn't tell didn't really notice. If they did, they didn't say anything!

I couldn't believe how my under eye bags (which I even had as a child) were completely removed! Like I said, he could have done a little more on the upper eyelid, but I'm still pleased. He doesn't like to do too much.

I don't know where you are from, but the best surgeon for a facelift in Houston and all around plastic surgery is Dr. Patronella.

I heard Co2 laser resurfacing looks really bad when you first get it done and then your face is red for about a month afterward. But you can cover up the redness with make-up. I had a dermabrasion, which is similar, a long time ago and my face was red for a couple of months afterward. People just thought I had a slight sunburn. It was for some acne scars.

My face looks really smooth now. But I continue to exfoliate my skin with glycolic acid and also use copper peptides (for skin tightening). You don't really notice a difference in your skin until you have used both products for awhile. The longer I use them, the more of a difference I see in texture and color and even firmness. I use a strong glycolic lotion by A-Cute Derm (20 percent) and it does sting when you first put it on. When it dries, you can actually rub your skin and feel the dead skin coming off! Then I use skinbiology copper peptides in the morning.

Well, good luck with your surgery. I'm sure you will be very pleased.

Old 08-11-2005, 07:30 AM   #5
AllysHeart
(female)

AllysHeart HB User

Hello, greeneyes! My consultation went well. I really liked the Dr. and his assistant surgeon. I was told I would do nothing but wash my face 20 times a day for 3 days. He thought I could be back to work in a week and completely ready for anything in less than a month.

From the time I replied to pageaday to just this moment, my husband called me to tell me to go ahead and schedule the blepharoplasty without the laser resurfacing! The surgeon does laser resurfacing under the lower eyelid included in his price of the blepharoplasty. The total face resurfacing is extra.

I'm going to schedule the appointment for November, when I'll have a lull in my activities. Thank you for your reply. I'll post again in November after the procedure.

Old 08-12-2005, 05:14 AM   #6
pageaday
(female)

pageaday HB User

AllysHeart, I just posted to you in another thread before I read your post. Good luck with op in November and I'll be watching out for you then, it would be great to see how it went for you.Two weeks down time doesn't seem so bad does it? Who know, if I can throw myself into the deep end I might go for it myself!

Closed Thread