It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Unhappy with Facelift 2 weeks post op

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-25-2005, 12:12 PM   #1
    Anyi
    (female)

Anyi HB User
    Unhappy with Facelift 2 weeks post op

HI Everyone, am discontent with FL after two weeks; maybe its too soon but had expected a refreshed rejuvinated look that's not there. Jowl sagging and lower face wrinkles are gone, and that's good, but my mouth and eyes don't have a "lifted" youthful look. Are my expectations out of whack?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2005, 01:12 PM   #2
    AllysHeart
    (female)

AllysHeart HB User
    Re: Unhappy with Facelift 2 weeks post op

I don't know if your expections were unreasonable, because I have no knowledge of what a facelift involves. For instance, does a facelift include any other procedures like a rhinoplasty, eyebrow lift or blepharoplasty? Is the facelift completed with laser resurfacing?

During your consultations with your surgeon, did he or his patient consultant help you to understand exactly what the anticipated results would be?

I have friends who have had only the laser resurfacing, and that alone has taken more than 10 years from their appearances. I thought one of them had a facelift, as her mouth went from always looking sad and droopy to a perky, youthful smile.

Are you in the U.S.? Did you see photos of other facelifts the surgeon did? Did you obtain references of the surgeon?

I am interested in learning more about your facelift. Please let us know.

Old 01-01-2006, 03:33 PM   #3
    Anyi
    (female)

Anyi HB User

HI, thanks for your reply. My situation with my PS was different because he is young and only half into the board certification process ie has passed written boards. I shopped around for two years and got recommendations from eight surgeons. The big shots here in Honolulu just were too expensive ie the ps most people use at my work place raised his mini lift price from $5000 to $8000 in the course of three months. He said he had too much business. You're not supposed to shop for a ps based on fees but I had met this young doctor a year prior and liked his fresh unwooden nondomintaing approach. He had no befores and afters ( a real concern) and I told him this. He vowed he could do a good job for me. This wasn't quite enough so I was able to contact his medical physician supervisor from U of Minn. via internet. This physician said he would never hesitate to have any member of his family go under this doctors knife. That made my decision. This ps had a much mre affordable physicians fee and told me he lowered it due to lack of a track record. I am more pleased with the outcome now a week or two later and talked with him about a couple of more things I could do to enhance my mouth or perhaps lift my eyes. Could I have gotten this thru a fl by another more experienced physician? I'll never know but I do know he was very careful and gave me his best. After reading about complications that can occur on other forums I guess this counts for alot. I am sill needing to adjust to the "better, not different" look. Any replies to this are appreciated. Thanks Anyi

Old 01-01-2006, 04:00 PM   #4
    Sustasha
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sustasha HB User

did he do an eyelid lift OR a brow lift? Of course, during any consultation, a ps tells the patient what he will be doing for her. I need my lids done and I have this double chin. But I do Not like the "after" look of a brow lift. And I do not like the brutal
    procedure they go thru (or you go thru) for a brow lift.
    You cannot have eyes that are "lifted" without either a brow lift OR having fat removed from the upper and lower lids (which is what I want).

Old 01-01-2006, 04:06 PM   #5
    Sustasha
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sustasha HB User

What do you mean, "to enchance my mouth?" During the pre-op consultation, did you tell him you wanted bigger lips? They have at least 3 methods they can utilize for this. Some are permanent (lip implants that can shift, for instance) and they can also
    use fat injections using fat they take from another part of the body - I do not think this is permanent? Judge Judy, the tv judge, had her lips enlarged and she does look a little bit younger. Botox shots will do it but that's Real temporary.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sustasha For This Useful Post:
    jmp54 (06-25-2012)
    Old 01-01-2006, 04:12 PM   #6
    Anyi
    (female)

Anyi HB User

HI Susan, yeah, I don't feel we talked enough ahead of time obout what to expect or what I wanted. (my inexperience and his). I did go back and ask him about lifting the eyes a bit and he said it wasn't a brow lift for me that would do that since my upper lids are OK. He said he would look into it and get back tome about the possibility about doing a nip and tuck of some sort. I asked him too if he could do a corner lip lift to lift the corners of my mouth so they don't turn down but rather set themselves into permanent Mona Lisa smile. He doesn't know how to do it but will look into it. I suggested maybe I could be his first guniea patient (hoping for a lower fee) so we'll see. I am inexperienced with all this and he is young so live and learn I guess. Just hoping to not waste too much hard earned $$$ in the process. His technical skill is good and he is very careful.

Old 01-06-2006, 09:44 AM   #7
    warmbreeze
    (female)

warmbreeze HB Userwarmbreeze HB User

Anyi and anyone considering a blephoplasty (eye lift) please be extremely careful going to an inexperience Surgeon. I've conversed with too many woman that regret doing this to the point that it has ruined their lifes. The smallest of changes to your eyes can change your whole looks. Please investigate this long and hard before deciding.

Old 01-07-2006, 03:17 PM   #8
    Sustasha
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sustasha HB User

You asked about your eyes and he said he'd get back with you? He's never done an eyelift before??? Don't let him do it, then.
    I saw an older woman in line at a store. She was thin with gray hair; I'd guess she was about 72? Anyway, she had the corners of her mouth turned upward and I am telling you, it looked awful !! It didn't look At All like she was happier or smiling; it simply looked very fake. I have watched dozens of Makeover type shows and out of all of them I have never once heard lifting the corners of a person's mouth to make them look like they're doing a Mona Lisa smile. It was never brought up.
    Look in a mirror with a sad expression then, with your fingers, turn the corners of your mouth upward. I do not understand it, but it looks ridiculous.
    I'd like to hear more about how taking out some fat above and below the eyes can ruin a person's life. This is very important since I've strongly considered having my eyes done but I'm not too excited about ruining my life!
    Remember Liberace, the pianist? He had his eyes done and he could never close them again; they took too much skin off the uppers

Closed Thread