It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• labiaplasty and related procedures

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-13-2006, 03:27 AM   #1
    blue712
    (female)

blue712 HB User
    labiaplasty and related procedures

i am seriously considering labiaplasty along with other related procedures however i am just shy of 18. i am wondering if anyone knows what steps i have to take before i go through with it. i am also wondering the cost of such procedures , if health insurance will cover some of it, and also if anyone has had any other surgery besides labiaplasty. i appreciate any feedback.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2006, 05:19 AM   #2
    daisy-duke77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

daisy-duke77 HB User
    Re: labiaplasty and related procedures

I too am considering labiaplasty. I've had BA and BL done as well. I have done ton's of research on labiaplasty and at least in my area there arent that many PS that perform this surgery. My PS quoted me $2900 for labiaplasty. The price will vary depending on where you live. I've been thinking about this for years and i am finally definately gonna do it. I have suffered emotionally and physically for years. Mine actually became worse after 2 children.

Old 03-13-2006, 08:57 PM   #3
    blue712
    (female)

blue712 HB User

you said you had other procedures done...BA and BL? i am not aware of these but i would really like to know

Old 03-13-2006, 10:16 PM   #4
    warmbreeze
    (female)

warmbreeze HB Userwarmbreeze HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by blue712
    i am seriously considering labiaplasty along with other related procedures however i am just shy of 18. i am wondering if anyone knows what steps i have to take before i go through with it. i am also wondering the cost of such procedures , if health insurance will cover some of it, and also if anyone has had any other surgery besides labiaplasty. i appreciate any feedback.

Your insurance could possibly pay for this procedure if the size of length of your labia causes you pain or discomfort. My insurance company paid for a good portion of it.

Have you told your parents or who ever is providing the insurance for you? If not you'll want to start there. Then you need to research doctors in you area that do this surgery. Dr. Gary Alter is probably the most well known, he is in Los Angeles area. He charges around $6,000 and you have to pay up front and then get reimbursed by your insurance company for what ever they will pay which wouldn't be anything near the $6,000.

You might want to check with your Gynocologist and see if she or he does them or can recommend someone. There is another Dr. in Florida that is suppose to be very good named Dr. Loftus, she's a woman. Good luck in your search.

Old 03-14-2006, 05:15 AM   #5
    daisy-duke77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

daisy-duke77 HB User

Breast augmentation (BA) and Breast lift (BL). When choosing a plastic surgeon make sure you go to 2-3 consultations..........do your research on them and background checks. Look at before/after pics of patients. Make sure they are board certified too.

Closed Thread