It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• I had a rhinoplasty (revision) 2 weeks ago!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-05-2006, 11:12 PM   #1
    a12d12
    (male)

a12d12 HB User
    I had a rhinoplasty (revision) 2 weeks ago!

Had a very complicated 4 hour revision rhino surgery exactly two weeks ago. My nose is looking GREAT now! Every day I can breathe better and better out of it... I am still a bit bruised however. The healing process is going pretty slow for me (slower than expected) but the results so far are WAY better than expected. I do have a concern though: I have blood located in my eyes... In my sclera in particular (The outer part of the eye that forms the white around the pupil and iris) ! It is pretty crazy looking and it isn't really going away fast at all... May just a little fade, but not dramataic. Has anyone had any experience with this or knows how long it will take before this blood "drains out" or fades away??? I hope it isn't permanant.

Thank you in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2006, 12:57 AM   #2
    Afterglow
    (female)

Afterglow HB User
    Re: I had a rhinoplasty (revision) 2 weeks ago!

I dont know about rhinoplasty but that's not at all unusual for other cosmetic surgery near the eyes. It can take a long time to dissipate too. I'm so happy that your revision surgery has gone so well. Could you tell me who/whereyour doctor is and what you had revised?

Also, do you work; if so, how long are you taking off? I need a revision and am worried about whether I can take only 2-3weeks' vacation and go back to work without having to tell anyone what I had done. (They can guess and gossip all they want; I just dont want to have to tell them because of prolonged swelling or bruising.)Thanks!

Old 04-10-2006, 05:29 AM   #3
    angela5503
    (male)

angela5503 HB User

sorry, don't know about the eye's but it would be helpful if you could share
    with us who did your surgery and what poblem you needed to fix.So few ever come back to this sight to share info after they've had a good result for revision rhino.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:30 AM   #4
    AllysHeart
    (female)

AllysHeart HB User

I have no knowledge of the healing of the eyes. I just want to say I hope you experience a speedy recovery and complete satisfaction with your procedure. Just be patient, get lots of rest and follow your PS's instructions. Remember, there is alot of healing going on right now, which could take longer than you expect.

Old 04-21-2006, 09:38 PM   #5
    a12d12
    (male)

a12d12 HB User

Now it's been four weeks... Yes, recovery is slow... One of my eyes is still red but it is fading (much better than two weeks ago!)... My PS is Dr. Raval in Denver, CO. He totally rocks... I think he does like 2 rhinos a week... Anyways and I am going in periodically to get steroid shots... they are to help my swelling.

Old 04-21-2006, 09:52 PM   #6
    a12d12
    (male)

a12d12 HB User

Oh I forgot to answer the question about what was revised... Essentially, EVERYTHING... My first rhinoplasty was BAD... I had it in Arlington, TX by Dr. Ward... He left my nose crooked, asymmetrical, way way too wide... especially in the middle, asymetrical nostrils, and with a severly hanging columella (that area between your nostrils)... Anways, my new surgeon here in CO (Dr. Raval) did an outstanding job (that is both the opinion of me and of my -way too honest- family and friends who've seen me)... I'm four weeks into my recovery time so it is a bit premature to judge the nose but here are my thoughts on it so far: NOT CROOKED! COLUMELLA TOTALLY FIXED! THINER AND MUCH MORE NATURAL LOOKING!!! Of course it isn't 100% PERFECT... here is what I don't like so far... On my left side of my nose was a crazy irregularity left by my first surgery by Dr. Ward... it basically looked like a curvy line thing that my skin is forming to... hard to explain... anyways.. that irregularity is MUCH better now but I can still sort of see it and I don't know if it going to get better... In any event I hope my recovery continues going good because this nose job has so far "passed the threshold of acceptibility" and hopefully (bar some tragic accidents) I don't have to be part of the nose job game anymore... I want out! I think I am out of course... but i've read too many nightmare stories on here to say 'case closed' ... but i'm very happy with the results so far... Someone earlier in this post mentioned how nobody comes back after their nose jobs to report (except maybe the negative cases)... well that sucks, so I sort of made a promise with myself that I would still post and report on these message boards after my surgery good or bad...

Old 05-22-2006, 05:38 PM   #7
    elle00110
    (female)

elle00110 HB User

I just wanted to add that I had a revision rhino with Dr. Toriumi (Chicago) about 2 and a half years ago and I am very happy with the results. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Toriumi. I am writing because I know how much these boards helped me and I want to help others and not just disappear because I am happy - even though that is the easy thing to do.

Closed Thread