It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Breast lift experiences?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-27-2006, 10:11 AM   #1
    kk1632
    (female)

kk1632 HB User
    Breast lift experiences?

Has anybody here had a breast lift? I am a 38 D (sometimes DD) and although the size doesn't bother me, I'm very self-conscious about the sag of them. I was wondering if anybody can tell me about there experiences with breast lift surgery - was it worth it? Is there a significant difference from before surgery and after? Any issues with scarring being noticable or not going away? Does the lift surgery make the breast firmer? I know they'll eventually sag again (stupid gravity), but can I expect to get 10 years out of a surgery? 5 years? Less? More?

Any input would be appreciated - I haven't seen any threads regarding this specific topic.

Where I'm from I've been quoted at around $6,000 for the surgery and for that kind of money, I'd like to be as well informed as possible before I sign any papers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2006, 04:57 PM   #2
    daisy-duke77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

daisy-duke77 HB User
    Re: Breast lift experiences?

I have had 2 breast lifts. I am fair skinned and did scar pretty bad! If you smoke...........please make sure that you QUIT before surgery! I learned the hard way! Yes your breasts will be firmer..............not sure how long it lasts as far as gravity goes. Make sure when choosing a plastic surgeon.........go to several consultations and do background checks on them. Some people scar bad and some dont...........that is the risk you take with this surgery. Do you want sagging breasts? Or firm nice shaped breasts with a few scars? It's a scary and hard decision! Do all the research you can.

Old 04-27-2006, 04:59 PM   #3
    daisy-duke77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

daisy-duke77 HB User

Also............i paid $6700 the 1st time and $6900 the 2nd time...........with 2 different plastic surgeons.

Old 05-05-2006, 08:56 AM   #4
    kk1632
    (female)

kk1632 HB User

Thank you for your input. I probably won't be able to do it right away - must save up some money for it, but that gives me time to do my research. Thanks!

Old 05-06-2006, 01:44 AM   #5
    janetinwestchas
    (female)

janetinwestchas HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kk1632
    Has anybody here had a breast lift? I am a 38 D (sometimes DD) and although the size doesn't bother me, I'm very self-conscious about the sag of them. I was wondering if anybody can tell me about there experiences with breast lift surgery - was it worth it? Is there a significant difference from before surgery and after? Any issues with scarring being noticable or not going away? Does the lift surgery make the breast firmer? I know they'll eventually sag again (stupid gravity), but can I expect to get 10 years out of a surgery? 5 years? Less? More?

Any input would be appreciated - I haven't seen any threads regarding this specific topic.

Where I'm from I've been quoted at around $6,000 for the surgery and for that kind of money, I'd like to be as well informed as possible before I sign any papers.
    Hi there,

I had a breast lift about a year and a half ago. I am 38 and a 34D (not naturally....I have breast implants, too.) I am very glad that I did it and would recommend the procedure, providing you have an excellent surgeon. I keep a (fake) tan most of the year, but naturally I am very fair skinned and was so surprised that I cannot even see my scars! It is very important that if you do decide to do this, make sure you take care of your incisions so that they do not raise, turn red and scar. I used paper tape on my incisions for a good three months and I feel it made a big difference in my outcome. Also, I wore a bra 24/7 for probably 6 months.

Closed Thread