It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Scar revision

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-29-2006, 01:04 PM   #1
    lizzy21
    (female)

lizzy21 HB User
    Scar revision

Hi everyone! I am new here and just had a little question.

Has anyone had a scar revision and if so what type? I am thinking about having one but am not sure which is the best.

Thanks
    Liz

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2006, 04:32 AM   #2
    daisy-duke77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

daisy-duke77 HB User
    Re: Scar revision

One risk when having scar revision done is the scar looking worse than before...........OR...........if you are having scar revision for keloid scars, they can come back! I did have scar revision from my breast lift.............i wish i could tell you it was a positive experience.................but mine wasnt! I will say it has been a year though..............and it is starting to look a little better! It takes time for scars to fade anywayz though! Can i ask what type of scar you want to revise?

Old 05-01-2006, 07:49 PM   #3
    lizzy21
    (female)

lizzy21 HB User
    Re: Scar revision

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daisy-duke77
    One risk when having scar revision done is the scar looking worse than before...........OR...........if you are having scar revision for keloid scars, they can come back! I did have scar revision from my breast lift.............i wish i could tell you it was a positive experience.................but mine wasnt! I will say it has been a year though..............and it is starting to look a little better! It takes time for scars to fade anywayz though! Can i ask what type of scar you want to revise?

Hi!
    Well, I was born with a cleft lip and since I had surgeries when I was younger to correct it, I was left with a very noticeable scar on between my nose and upper lip. I have been considering having a scar revision and rhinoplasty for awhile, but am extremely scared to have it done.
    I have been researching doctors and have found one that I would go to if and when I have it done.

I am sorry to hear that your revision did not go well....that stinks! But at least it is looking a little better
    THanks for replying
    Liz

Closed Thread