It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Dr. Alter Labiaplasty

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-01-2006, 09:09 PM   #1
    lgumby

lgumby HB User
    Dr. Alter Labiaplasty

Hi all,

Getting labiaplasty by Dr. Alter in August....I'm PETRIFIED. Anyone else on here get it done by him? If so, I have lots of questions!

Thanks,
    -L.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2006, 08:34 AM   #2
    Maggie231
    (female)

Maggie231 HB User
    Re: Dr. Alter Labiaplasty

You are SO lucky! A whole bunch of ladies on here have had labiaplasty performed by him and have all been so happy with the results. So happy, in fact, that none of them seem to check in any more because they have nothing to say beyond how thrilled they are.

Don't be scared, he's one of the best in his field. He would have been my number one choice had I lived in the States. (My labiaplasty at a clinic in Belgium went horribly wrong, see other Labiaplasty threads.)

Good luck, I'm sure you're in great hands

Old 06-05-2006, 05:28 AM   #3
    lgumby

lgumby HB User

Thanks! Anyone else? It's more the anesthesia I'm worried about....

Old 06-14-2006, 08:16 PM   #4
    lgumby

lgumby HB User

Still no responses?

Old 06-15-2006, 03:59 AM   #5
    Maggie231
    (female)

Maggie231 HB User

Hi, what's your worry with the anaesthesia? Are you having local, general or twilight sleep? Even though my op wasn't with Dr. Alter, I know a little about each, so I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about that.

Old 06-18-2006, 04:13 PM   #6
    lgumby

lgumby HB User

I'm having a local with "twighlight" sleep....they called it "Level 2" sedation, I think.

I've had my wisdom teeth out before, and that was kind of ok, I just threw up for a few hours afterwards. I just react very wierdly to medications, and I have no idea if I'm allergic to any of those medications they give you to put you out. What happens if you have some sort of reaction while you're in surgery? I'm so nervous about it, I almost want to cancel, but I know that I'm being a wuss about it!

I also have mitral valve prolapse (with my heart) which is common, but....also, another thing that makes me nervous. Like, I wonder if my heart will freak out from one of the meds?

Old 06-19-2006, 07:57 AM   #7
    janart
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janart HB User

Probably your best bet would be to not only talk to your doc before hand about it but also talk to the nurse that will be giving you the med. Speak with them about your prolapse for sure. You will be fine. Don't back out. Keep us updated.

Old 06-20-2006, 06:21 AM   #8
    Maggie231
    (female)

Maggie231 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lgumby
    I'm so nervous about it, I almost want to cancel, but I know that I'm being a wuss about it!
    You're definitely NOT being a wuss about it. Your history of reactions to these meds, along with your heart condition, are both reasons to be extra careful. DEFINITELY talk to the surgeon about it, along with the nurse or anaesthetist - they really need to know this stuff, and may be able to choose sedatives with less risk of adverse reactions, for sensitive folks like you and I.

Please do talk to them, and let us know how you get on.

Old 06-20-2006, 07:26 AM   #9
    sickofit778
    Veteran

sickofit778 HB User

Definitely tell the anesthesiologist (sp?) because they can give you something to help with the nausea and vomiting. I also have that reaction to anesthesia and when I had surgery for endo last year they gave me something to help and it made all the difference in the world.

Old 06-26-2006, 05:57 AM   #10
    lgumby

lgumby HB User

Thanks....I keep thinking I should just call and cancel. I'm going to be a MESS the day of! I told the anesthesiologist about the mitral valve, and he said he sees that all the time, and it's not a big deal. I think they all think I'm way more worried than I should be. Then I see some horror show on TLC "When Anesthesia Fails"--ugh! Shouldnt have watched any of THAT!

I'm just wondering if it will be worth it if something goes wrong...I guess that's the risk with ANY elective surgery. I came on here in the hopes of hearing from people who have had this donr by him, to see if they were happy with him and their results, and am getting less response than I thought. Hopefully that's a good thing...!
    Thank you for all your help!

Old 06-28-2006, 10:25 AM   #11
    Maggie231
    (female)

Maggie231 HB User

There used to be a lot of people on here who were going or thinking of going to Dr. Alter, who came here seeking advice and any tips from women who'd already had it done. This was a year, two years ago. After their surgery, they checked in a few times to tell everyone how they were doing (and how happy they were), and after that, they just pretty much disappeared because they had no reason to post anymore. People tend to come here for advice and support, and none of Alter's patients seemed to need it after their surgery. I think that's why you're not really getting much response - so don't worry.

Old 07-15-2006, 06:45 AM   #12
    aubrey1981
    (female)

aubrey1981 HB User

i had labiaplasty exactly 2 weeks ago by dr. alter. i dont know about your conditions, but i can tell you a little about my experience...
    i went under with the twilight, local i think its called, i was really worried about pain, but i was out as soon as the anesthesiologist gave me the juice and slept through the whole thing. i was nervous as hell about going under and the pain after but between the anesthesia and the pain killers you dont feel any pain til much later, its bearable, mostly uncomfortable . i asked dr alter how many he had done he said like 400-500, and that no one had had problems. he really is at the top of his field. it all went fine, you have like 5 nurses on you by the time you get to the OR. they all seemed extremely competent.
    post-op is the real pain in the ***. make sure you have someone with you for a day afterwards at the very least, you will be so out of it and want to sleep and have pills to take every few hours. ice really helps and some sort of donut sit ring, trust me you will need it. you need a mirror to apply the bacitracin (super neosporin), dont be scared of the way it looks, it will look like frankenstein ***** for a bit and be swollen and bruised but it heals very quickly, as i said im 2 weeks in and this week it looks soo much better. the stitches are starting to come out, which is a bit painful but it is feeling much better, try to not do a lot of walking and keep the area dry and clean, between the ointment and my hair growing in i got a rash and it itches like hell, they say use a hydrocortisone but it didnt work for me, just running water on it was nice and baths. cant wait til the stitches are all out! ill check in if you responded to this.

Old 07-25-2006, 08:30 PM   #13
    lgumby

lgumby HB User

HI! Thanks so much....I was originally scheduled for August 18th, but had to push it back to October for insurance reasons. i cant WAIT to hear how you are healing, and how it came out and everything! Please keep me updated, because you are the only one that responded who actually had it done by him!

Thanks!

Old 08-01-2006, 09:22 PM   #14
    lgumby

lgumby HB User

Well? How are things??

Closed Thread