It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Anyone with TERINO MALAR SHELLS Medium??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-06-2006, 02:04 AM   #1
    flat_face_fifi
    (female)

flat_face_fifi HB User
    Anyone with TERINO MALAR SHELLS Medium??

Anyone had those? liked them, loathed them? It seems so odd, I know they are anatomical, but don't the four 'branches' appear under the skin or make an angular bony cheekbone, esp prominent in thinner eye corner near the outer orbital rim?

I have a small face, and it will literally wrap around the maxillary and zygomatic bones... Is this too much?
    They seem to be the only ones which give fullness under the eyecircles, where I have a hollowness (nearer to nose)...But I also know there is a nerve there, so since the TMS are si large for my structure, maybe they are even more likely to cause nerve damage?

[ REMOVED ]

I think it will help if I can find people with similar slight bone structures, but fleshy cheeks (i.e when I smile, I have cheekbones!)

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!
    PS: I am 24 yo....fyi

Please write back!
    fi2

Hey guys and gals, yup, it's me again...

Quick Q: does tapering (with scalpel) the edges of the malar implants (or any other facial implants I suppose) Increase the risk of Infection, Dimpling, or make removal of implants more difficult?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You see, i got a chin implant and was not pushy enough with my PS, i let him talk me out of tapering the wings...although I knew I didn't want the implant on the side of my chin, and he sed no, it won't turn out that way....BUT, whatever you stick under, will have an impact, add to that residual scar tissue, and you may get more width that u bargained for....So follow ur gut feeling and stick to your aesthetic intuition!! Esp if like me, you are a perfectionist, and have a keen artistic eye (not clueless about what ur face needs, ya know) and have a PS who is swell at convincing and being confident, and almost charismatically able to persuade you he knows exactly what you want and what u need... (dangerous!! esp when well, ur tastes differ and then it's a shame u didnt follow ur heart).

Ok! so please let me know, i dont trust some PS's explanations...they can say anything to get you to just have the conventional no frills operation, and stay away from the slightly unique requests. (unless u are lucky and you have a PS that understands Finesse PS or very slight sublte enhancements-and are likely to be perfectionist and/or artists too!)

very long post for very short question .. please share about: Tapering edges of Implant!! thanks!!
    fff

Calling all Cheek Implt Veterans & Newbies!! I need ur help!
    Answers, Opinions, they must be somewhere out there about those Terino Malar Shells!!!!

So, my PS and I chose Terino Malar Shell Medium 0.3 and I wanted to ask you all if it is normal, in your experience, to place it right on the edge of the orbital rim, or slightly in recession from the edge? I am afraid it will just look unnaturally high, palpable and visible, the closer it is to the eyeball...(thin skin + loss of nice concavity between eyebrow projection and cheek bone projection).

My 2nd question is, if I ask him to place it slightly lower (1-2 mm away from the edge of the rim), will the edges be more visible (creation of 2 rims forming a ledge...)?

My 3rd question is: do Terino Malar SHells sometimes pull the lower lid downwards, or tissue around the eyes downwards? esp if there is an lower eyelid incision?

My final question is: I know you insert Medium Terino Malar Shells through the mouth, why is that? What are the disadvantages, risk of inserting them via the lower eyelid? Because they are so large, my PS said he will 'scrunch' them up, through the eyelid cut and they will pop back into shape in the pocket... Would this end up causing more tissue damage than inserting them through the mouth, and thus increase the risk of scarring, and downward pull of eyelid?

Please please please help out if you have something to say about any of this, or anything else re: Terino Malar Shells....
    -fi

Last edited by moderator2; 07-07-2006 at 11:24 AM. Reason: removed - picture links are not allowed so please do not ask members to post them

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread