It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Tummy Tuck or Liposuction?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-08-2006, 01:54 PM   #1
    Stitcher317
    (female)

Stitcher317 HB User
    Tummy Tuck or Liposuction?

Hi Everyone,

I have a tummy that looks like I am about 5 months pregnant and think I am past the stage of reducing it with exercise.

Does anyone have any experience with Liposuction or tummy tuck procedures? Most interested in which has the least pain, fastest recovery, best results, etc. Also, I am 64 and although I am a healthy 64, I worry about anesthesia reactions, risks, etc. Maybe in the long run "big" shirts would be safer?

I haven't consulted with a plastic surgeon yet wanted to get some heads up information from anyone that may have had the procedure done.

Thanks....
    Linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2006, 12:36 PM   #2
    dharold
    (female)

dharold HB User
    Re: Tummy Tuck or Liposuction?

I had liposuction 2 years ago. I'm 50 years old. I was told by my PS that the only way to get washboard abs was to have a TT. I opted for the lipo. My body looks a lot better but I still wish I would have gone for a tt too. I may go back later and have it done. If you stomach is the only large part of your body I think a tt would work best. I had lipo of my u/l abs,waist,hips,back,arms and circumfrential thighs. I just recently had an inter thigh lift. I thought the lipo was much more painful then the thigh lift. It depends on how much you have removed. I really think you need to consult with a PLastic surgeon,he can tell you what would be best for your body. Good Luck!!!

Old 10-05-2006, 01:06 PM   #3
    strongernow
    Inactive
    (male)

strongernow HB User

I heard Tummy Tuck was really painful compared to LIPO. With Tummy Tuck there will be a large scar too but I think the result are a much flatter than just flat out lipo. The reason, from what I remember, is that if you get your fat sucked out then you will have all sort of saggy skin. That is the tummy tuck part that fixes that situation.

Have you heard of VASER liposuction. I heard that it actually tightens the skin a bit more than usual lipo. Also the cannalas used for it are thinner I think. Therefore you could get more precise and perfect results. Possibly. Not sure because I never had it done. But I heard how good it was from others.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:33 PM   #4
    sharon7270
    Inactive
    (female)

sharon7270 HB User

I am very much wanting to have a tummy tuck as well, but I am 36 and my reason for this is a botched c-section and a tubal (due to surgeries for cervical cancer) that resulted in a VERY bad adhesion because of the scar tissue from the c-section. I have about 4 inches of skin that just hangs over the incisions...not a very sexy look. I have a friend who had the tummy tuck at 38 and her results are awsome! She also had the liposculpture, which I am sure your doctor would do. I had breast augmentation a year ago, so I am obviously on that cosmetic surgery high, I am Plyboy from the waist up, but so uncomfortable with my body from the waist down. I wear a size 4, but naked feel repulsive. My husband thinks I am the sexiest woman walking the earth, so my question is what is, what is your motivation at 64 to put yourself through this surgery??

Old 10-19-2006, 02:44 AM   #5
    mummy2kaleb
    (female)

mummy2kaleb HB User

I've come to these healthboards tonight to try and get some feedback on tummy tucks I had my son 20 months ago and desparatley want that bulge gone in my tummy

Old 10-21-2006, 06:09 PM   #6
    luvmyjob
    (female)

luvmyjob HB User
    Smile Re: Tummy Tuck or Liposuction?

Hey Girls!
    I had a tummy tuck in 4/06 and it was and remains to be wonderful! I am 42, 130 lbs and have had 3 children. I have always been in good health, exercise religiously and could never get rid of the awful leftover tummy! I always felt like I was 5 months pregnant and hated it. Dr. did say that no matter how much you exercise you cant get the horizontal muscles of the abd. back because pregancy distorts them so bad. I did have the full tummy tuck and not a mini. Yes, I do have a large scar but it is at bikini line, Maderma does help with that. I had stretch marks above belly button and the tummy tuck took care of that - Dr. removed fat and moved belly button. Did it take about 2 months to heal - yes - but who cares! I felt so good about my tummy I could stand it. I was back to work in 2 weeks. I am a RN and just watched what I did when I went back to work and the other girls helped me alot. My surgeon was wonderful. I did alot of research. It cost me about $6000.00 including a discount for paying cash. My doctor did use a system called an On Q Pump for pain. This system releases pain medication into your abd. for about a week after the procedure which reduces pain plus he gave oral pain meds. Alot of Dr.'s don't use the On Q Pump but it is a new system that alot of Orthopedic Dr.'s use but it is awesome. I did this as an out pt. and it worked well for me. I am happy with my outcome. My tummy is tighter than a drum, my clothes fit so much better and I wouldn't change a thing!

If you girls have questions, just ask. It was one of the best things I have done and would do it again in a minute!

Old 10-23-2006, 01:00 PM   #7
    Krystyana
    Inactive
    (female)

Krystyana HB User

Isn't it fairly common for a TT to involve some liposuction too? I'd be afraid of having loose or dimply skin if I just got lipo, I think.

Closed Thread