It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• I want an extreme makeover!body is disgusting

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-01-2006, 07:46 PM   #1
    lilmo123
    (female)

lilmo123 HB User
    Question I want an extreme makeover!body is disgusting

I've never been happy with my body, but I've just been looking in the mirror and crying. I'm only 21 and I have 2 kids, I love them so much. I look at other women who have had 2 kids and they are still thin, my friend even has a flat stomach with no stretchmarks and she has 2 kids, Why can't I be like that? I have saggy boobs, that are enormous, my stomach hangs over and I have loads of stretchmarks. I have cellulite on my thighs and my bum is tiny and flat. I watched extreme makeover the other day and a woman on there only really needed her hair and makeup doing and she was depressed because her boobs were too small. I would kill to have small boobs. I'm not fat, just wobbly. Do you think I should go for it. Should I get a loan to pay for surgery or live life debt free and be really unhappy? I do work, but I don't get much money. Or do you think I should stop thinking about myself and concentrate on my kids,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2006, 10:36 PM   #2
    sharon7270
    Inactive
    (female)

sharon7270 HB User
    Re: I want an extreme makeover!body is disgusting

You are only 21!!! Your body..should you be willing to work for it..will do great things. I am not anti-cosmetic surgery. I had breast implants a year ago. I absolutely love them. However, I, too, am the mother of two children. I have stretch marks, my butt goes flabby if I don't work out and I have noticed the cellulite if I don't work out as well. My point is, that I am 15 years older than you and I wear a size 4 because I take care of my body. At my age it, my body is much less responsive. At 21, I didn't even have to worry. Do not spend the money when your body will go back with the right amount of working out. The stretch marks you can worry about later. Unless you have them beyond the bikini line (high cut) then it is of no concern to anyone but you...once men are in that area they only concentrate on one thing...

So, don't opt for the quick fix...that demonstrates a quitter...anything in life worth having is worth the effort..my breasts were never going to grow, but the rest of me I have control over... bite the bullet and do it the right way!

Old 09-22-2006, 06:35 PM   #3
    tropic granni
    (female)

tropic granni HB User

Lilmo, I know what you are going through...been there, and I have done that..and that was my main reason for the reply. You are young, and can get back into shape. And I want to tell you from experience, that by having surgery is not the easy way out, it may be the worst thing that you could ever do to yourself... please please reconsider or find a reputable plastic surgeon. Now let me tell you why. I am now 52 years old, and until 3 years ago, was the fat child, the fat wife, just the fat person. I tried everything, every diet, fad, pill, shots, and then somes.... finally, due to my health issues a doctor suggested gastric by-pass. After months of researching, I found just the right doctor. And praise the Lord, no problems with vomiting and all of the other horrifying things that go along with the surgery. I went from 287 lbs. to 123 lbs. It took 3 long years, and it is not an easy quick fix. I had to eat only 4 ounces at a time, and take 40 minutes to eat that whopping 4 ounces, then wait another 40 minutes to be able to drink 4 ounces, and I had to eat every couple of hours. And then all I ate was zero fat, zero sugar, and the lowest carbs there are... I could go on and on about that... but now to the surgery. After loosing that much weight, I was wearing a size 4 petite jeans and a 6 petite jacket...long way from 24 and 26 plus sizes. I, too, was disgusted with my body, because the loose skin made me look like a freak. My legs actually looked a sharpei dog, you know the one with all of those hanging wrinkles, and my stomach just hung....well 3 years after my by-pass surgery, I had a bowel obstruction, had surgery, then 8 months later I developed two painful hernias. My by-pass surgeon suggested a plastic surgeon to remove my hernias, then do a tummy tuck, and thigh lift all at the same time., what a dream come true...I thought, wow, wearing a size 4 with all of this extra skin, I will wear size 2.... and then I would not be embarassed to have relations with my husband. Although he loved me just as much as when I was big as a whale. I did have the hernias removed, the tummy tuck, and my thighs lifted. What a nightmare. I have had many surgeries, and never the problems that I am having now. My stomach looks awful, I guess that it was not done right, and then I had sutures come loose on the inside that allowed skin to hang on my left side.... and my thigh lift. I thought that they would make a small incision at the top and inside of my thigh. I was wrong, when I can out of recovery I was cut from my inside thigh down to my knees. I have had swelling, numbness, pain, and have not been able to work since April. Knowing what I know now, I would not have had the plastic surgery done. And this was a well known doctor. Things happen, and sometimes not good. When I was in my early thirties, I was around 200 lbs, and was diagnosed with diabetes. I remember my grandmother dying from complications from her diabetes, and I did not want that to be me. So I dieted, and of course it was not healthy the way I did it, but I did it and lost so much weight, and toned and was able to wear a bikini....and I had two children. Now that I am older, and could not tone, I relied on a knife to cut away the ugliness left over from my weight loss...I would not do it over again, even knowing that another doctor would do it with better results. My body is not the same, my waist line is larger now, than before the surgery, and my legs are still swollen, and it has been over 6 months since I had the surgery..... work out girl...work out.... I did it, you can do it.... if you feel that having surgery is the only way you can do it, then by all means save your money because it is costly, and could end up costing you more than you bargained for... take care and God Bless

Old 03-19-2007, 08:26 PM   #4
    THE TEACHER
    (female)

THE TEACHER HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lilmo123 View Post
    I've never been happy with my body, but I've just been looking in the mirror and crying. I'm only 21 and I have 2 kids, I love them so much. I look at other women who have had 2 kids and they are still thin, my friend even has a flat stomach with no stretchmarks and she has 2 kids, Why can't I be like that? I have saggy boobs, that are enormous, my stomach hangs over and I have loads of stretchmarks. I have cellulite on my thighs and my bum is tiny and flat. I watched extreme makeover the other day and a woman on there only really needed her hair and makeup doing and she was depressed because her boobs were too small. I would kill to have small boobs. I'm not fat, just wobbly. Do you think I should go for it. Should I get a loan to pay for surgery or live life debt free and be really unhappy? I do work, but I don't get much money. Or do you think I should stop thinking about myself and concentrate on my kids,
    I think, if you're not happy, your kid's cant be happy. You're the mom, and you need to put yourself first, so then you will be an even better mom! I have a few kid's, and I have had plenty of plastic surgery. But first I got myself into the best possible shape. Some thing's can be improved first with diet and exercise. Especially your state of mind and your self confidence. You may be surprised that you dont need as much surgery as you do now. That mean's alot less money to! You're young, so get off the couch, and take control of your mind and your body!...Good Luck to you!

Old 03-21-2007, 10:05 PM   #5
    opple
    Inactive
    (female)

opple HB Useropple HB User

I am over twice your age and I have learned that happiness just shouldn't be dictated by looks. Accidents, loss, illness, tragedies, loneliness all happen to everyone. You have a lot going for you holding a job with two good kids. If you look around many happy, contented people didn't become and stay that way by good looks. And lots are overweight, plain, even homely by Hollywood standards yet they like themselves as is.

At 21, I would try exercise and a good sensible diet plan that does not deprive you but does help you reduce. You may very well be pleasantly surprised at the good results you get if you try. And no scars.

Surgery is so extreme and it can go so wrong. What if that happened and you were sad when you looked in the mirror, plus out all that money you really can't afford to lose to some surgeon only interested in the cash? And they do exist, believe me.

Best of luck

Last edited by opple; 03-21-2007 at 10:09 PM.

Closed Thread