It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• anyone have breast lift without implants?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-22-2006, 07:30 PM   #1
    lam41565
    (female)

lam41565 HB User
    anyone have breast lift without implants?

If anyone has had this done I would appreciate any info. Were breasts alot smaller after the lift? If you had to do it again, would you get implants with the lift?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2006, 02:24 PM   #2
    oneultimategirl
    (female)

oneultimategirl HB User
    Re: anyone have breast lift without implants?

I had a tummy tuck and breast lift seven years ago. I do not have implants and I went from a full D to a C. To be honest I am not even sure the doctor asks me if I wanted implants. I can not advise you on getting implants because I have not experienced it, but I can tell you if I was flat chested I would get implants. By the way I love’em scars and all…….

Last edited by oneultimategirl; 10-25-2006 at 02:27 PM.

Old 10-26-2006, 11:28 AM   #3
    lam41565
    (female)

lam41565 HB User

Thanks for the info. I'm a C now so I wonder if I would go to a B. I guess as long as its a bigger B I wouldn't mind. How bad are your scars? How was the recovery?

Old 10-26-2006, 08:00 PM   #4
    river525
    (female)

river525 HB User

I had a full anchor breast lift with implants about 6 months ago. I know you were asking about no implants with a lift but I thought I'd give you my perspective/or story. I lost about 60lbs and needless to say I desperately needed a lift, lol. I consulted with four plastic surgeons about a lift and after the third surgeon said I would look fine without implants but with implants I would have the upper fullness that I had when I was a teenager. I did not want bigger at all. I was a C cup pushing D so that was plenty for me -
    I'm 5'4" tall and 125 lbs and 42 years young. Anyway I went ahead and did the implants and I had very small implants put in 240cc. I am thrilled with the results and am still a C cup. My goal was to have the surgery and have absolutely no one notice and that's what I got!! I'm not sure how old you are or how bad you need a lift or if you are totally against implants but I just wanted to give you my "story". Just make sure you have more than one consult and look at lots of the surgeons actual before and after photos. I also brought in before and after photos of women I thought resembled me and had the results I was wanting. Needless to say I drove my plastic surgeon crazy with all the photos and questions, etc. but he did a fabulous job and I am thrilled to death. Hope this helps -- what type of lift are you considering or needing? Take care

Last edited by river525; 10-26-2006 at 08:03 PM.

Old 10-27-2006, 02:49 PM   #5
    lam41565
    (female)

lam41565 HB User

Hi and thanks for the info. I'm 41 years old and a size 38c. My breasts aren't extremely saggy yet but they are getting there. My friend had implants put in cuz her surgeon told her that is all she would need to perk them up instead of getting the breast lift. Said she only needed the volume on top. It did work for her but I think her implants were a little too big for her body. I would rather not get implants because of what I heard that they will last for no longer than 10 years and you have to get them redone. Also, I have seen some that are just not natural looking. Do you have alot of scarring and how long was your recovery? Would a week off of work be sufficient. I have a desk job so its nothing strenuous. Any info is appreciated!

Old 10-27-2006, 08:35 PM   #6
    river525
    (female)

river525 HB User

Scars are definitely there basically an inverted T but under the breast is in the crease so you don't notice those and the others have faded a lot. Have you done a lot of research on lifts? If you aren't too saggy then you could probably get away with a donut lift or something simple like that. Recovery wasn't too bad the hardest part was sleeping sitting up for the first week or more. I'm a side sleeper. But with a lot of pillows and an Ambien I managed to survive. Washing my hair and reaching up in the kitchen cabinets were a bit rough at first but not bad. And driving I will have to say was a bit tough the first week or so but I'm glad I did it scars and all because I was one major saggy momma, But remember I had a full anchor lift and implants and if you don't think you are that saggy your recovery will be much easier than mine. Not to mention I have since learned it seems that every single plastic surgeon has different post op instructions for their patients - some say wear a bra 24/7, some say don't, some say no underwire bras ever and some say after 6 weeks you can wear them again. Just make sure you see more than one plastic surgeon before deciding on who to go with. I went to the top one in our city that everyone "important" goes to and then saw a few others and ended up choosing one that none of my friends had heard of but we just clicked and he seemed to geniunly care and understand that I was not wanting to be a 42 year old playboy bunny, lol. And the best part he was 3,000 dollars cheaper!! So do your homework and go with your gut instinct because it is YOUR body not your friends, etc. hope this helps or answers some of your questions if you got anymore just ask!

Old 10-29-2006, 01:58 PM   #7
    lam41565
    (female)

lam41565 HB User

Thanks for all the info. I do have a surgeon in mind that I know does excellent work. I will look into that donut lift procedure. Maybe I could go with that. And maybe it will be even cheaper. If you don't mind me asking...what did you pay for yours? Does the scar that goes straight down from the breast show alot? Real red? I wonder if those scar treatments that are sold at the pharmacys help with that at all. Talk to you soon.

Old 10-29-2006, 02:37 PM   #8
    river525
    (female)

river525 HB User

My cost was roughly 7,500 for my lift and augmentation -- I had lipo also of my thighs and flanks so that is why I say this is a rough estimate b/c I'm not including the lipo and the additional anesthesia/hospital costs. Implants cost $1,000 so take that off my cost too.

The scars are visible BUT the scar guard tapes help a great deal so get those. Do not put them on though till you are completely healed and you don't have any scabs or open areas. And the drugstore brands do just as well as the name brands. I remember after my tummy tuck it took a good year or more for that scar to fade.

take care

Old 10-30-2006, 09:49 AM   #9
    hikergirl
    (female)

hikergirl HB User

For those who have had the lift I have one question.

Did you loose sensation in your nipples?

Old 10-30-2006, 09:55 AM   #10
    river525
    (female)

river525 HB User

nope, I didn't loose sensation and if it I am cold they react just as you would expect. Right after surgery I lost a bit of sensation (sorta like your foot asleep) but after a few weeks all returned to normal.

I have heard some women though do but in my case not.

Old 10-31-2006, 05:05 AM   #11
    hikergirl
    (female)

hikergirl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by river525
    nope, I didn't loose sensation and if it I am cold they react just as you would expect. Right after surgery I lost a bit of sensation (sorta like your foot asleep) but after a few weeks all returned to normal.

I have heard some women though do but in my case not.

Thanks for the reply, I too am losing weight and am currently a 40DD. I hope I lose more of them. Then I want them to be high and peerky, would love to walk around with just a t-shirt on and have them salute my husband. I guess I need to start saving my pennies.

Closed Thread