It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Laser Resurfacing Questions, please help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-24-2006, 01:36 PM   #1
    lse
    (female)

lse HB User
    Laser Resurfacing Questions, please help!

Hello everyone, thanks in advance if you can help with my questions.

I have a scar on my face which is about 5 inches long. I visited a plastic surgeon who said he can improve the look by doing laser resurfacing on the upper part of the scar and do a surgery (incision, cut and sew the scar again) on the lower part of the scar. That was because the lower part is worse than the upper part.

The doctor said that these two procedures should be done in one operation since this way will save me money and recovery time. However, this is what worried me -- I read that after laser resurfacing, one might need to wash face several times a day with cleanser. But if the incision surgery site is just side by side with the laser area, will washing the laser area affect the surgery incision area?

If you had laser resurfacing, could you let me know if that is the case, i.e. washing face several times a day? Do you think it is better to do laser resurfacing with the incision surgery in one operation or it is better to get them done in separate operations?

Thank you very much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2006, 06:14 PM   #2
    Gram4
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Gram4 HB User
    Re: Laser Resurfacing Questions, please help!

I had laser resurfacing & a scar. It did nothing for my scar but he didn't do the other procedure you are talking about. I didn't rub my face patted it w/water & applied a cream they gave me till the scabs fell off. I saw on TV tonight there's a new procedure called Harmony Pixil Laser (if I spelled it right) that takes care of scars. They sd you have to have it done more then once but I think they sd around 300. per procedure.

Closed Thread