It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Tummy Tuck

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-07-2006, 08:29 PM   #1
    JNorris53
    (female)

JNorris53 HB User
    Question Tummy Tuck

Hi I am new to the Board and I was thinking about getting a tummy tuck. I am a 53 year old women that desperately wants her body back to the way it use to look! Does anyone have any positive or negative information about a tuck? I have read that it is a long recovery time and it is extremely painful. Is it worth it? What are the long term negative affects?

Thanks,
    Julia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2006, 08:35 AM   #2
    PeytonP
    (female)

PeytonP HB User
    Re: Tummy Tuck

You can google tummy tuck before-and-after pics. There are TONS of sites out there with them.

As far as recovery/pain, there's also alot of information out there. From the pics (I've never had one) the procedure looks very extensive, with alot of stitches, etc.

Last edited by PeytonP; 11-08-2006 at 08:38 AM.

Old 11-08-2006, 03:38 PM   #3
    sharon7270
    Inactive
    (female)

sharon7270 HB User

I am currently doing my research for my own tummy tuck...have to wait for biopsies on another problem as I may need hysterectomy, so I plan to coordinate having them at the same time. I am 36, a size 4 and hate, hate hate the way my stomach looks. I want mine to correct the aftermath of three abdominal surgeries with and two pregnancies. I have a friend who had a tummy tuck and liposuction back in February. She was fine just days after. She said it felt as if she pulled a muscle in her stomach...very uncomfortable, but not unbearable. She was extremely physically fit to begin with, so it may have played a part in the ease of her recovery. Having been through a c-section, I expect to feel badly for more than 5 days...it was more like two weeks before I felt like me again with that. I had breast augmentation a little over a year ago and the pain following that was pretty extreme as they went under the muscle, so I am expecting something along the same lines as they will be cutting muscle during the tummy tuck as well. I also know that you have to wear a drainage tube for up to two weeks following the surgery and your activity is very limited, but looking at my friend in her bathing suit makes it seem well worth a few weeks of discomfort. Best of luck to you and we can both come back here and compare notes after the fact.

Old 11-09-2006, 01:27 PM   #4
    river525
    (female)

river525 HB User

I had a tummy tuck and hysterectomy at the same time about five years ago. My GYN and PS tag teamed and did it "all" in one surgery. The best part of doing it together was I got to stay in the hospital for three nights covered by insurance due to the hysterectomy!! Not to mention saved a little on the anesthesia, etc.

It was extremely painful but I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. It was nothing like a c-section pain wise, atleast not for me. I was up and about right after my c-section but with this I was not at all.

One of the things is not being able to stand up straight after a tummy tuck. They want you to stay hunched over for a week or more to not pull on your muscles/stitches and believe me you don't want to stand up straight. So my back was killing me. Not to mention you basically have had two major surgeries (if you do hysterectomy too).

I just had a breast lift and implants (under the muscle) 7 months ago and that was a breeze compared to my tummy tuck. BUT remember I had a complete hysterectomy at the same time too -- so my "insides" were shoved and cut and moved around a lot. How much of the pain was hysterectomy and how much of the pain was tummy tuck - I don't know. I do remember my GYN telling me since I did it both at the same time that "his part" was more invasive than if I had just had the hysterectomy by itself b/c it would not have been through the belly so to speak.

Having the tummy tuck was the BEST decision I have ever made for myself (aside from getting married and having a child, lol). I have never been so thrilled and my tummy is still flat as it was the day I had the surgery. Just make sure you have help and a very good Plastic surgeon.

I could go on and on about hints, etc. b/c it was such a positive experience - minus the pain -- but if you have anymore questions, just ask.

take care

Old 03-14-2007, 08:45 AM   #5
    me2007
    (female)

me2007 HB User

Did you have a full tuck or just a partial? Ive always wanted one but with the cost, time off of work and pain involved Ive continued to just make it a dream.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:19 PM   #6
    river525
    (female)

river525 HB User

I had a full tummy tuck - (scar running hip to hip - along with a new belly button). Best decision of my life!!

Old 03-15-2007, 02:39 PM   #7
    Sustasha
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sustasha HB User

What I can't find out is the difference in the POST operative pain between a tummy tuck and a mini? With the mini, they "just" whack off the hanging skin; they don't touch the underlying muscles. OK: so it may not look as flat but with all that skin removed, how fat can your tummy still look? Plus, it's cheaper.
    Any mini TTs out there??

Old 03-15-2007, 04:06 PM   #8
    bigbootymona
    Inactive
    (female)

bigbootymona HB User
    Smile Re: Tummy Tuck

I am going to have a full tummy tuck combined with abdomenoplasty or abdomen liposuction and I wonder if this will help improve my butt posture too or not as I was thinking to have a butt lift but some friends advised me not to do it and do instead liposuction of the abdomen and flanks and lower back and she said this is enough to show my rear in its best shape.
    I want to know how to have a nice bubble booty with doing only liposuction and tummy tuck...................any advise please?Where to have liposuction done in addition to the abodomen,flanks,lower back?I want a sexy rear without butt lifting............is that possible through liposuction alone?

Old 03-15-2007, 04:25 PM   #9
    river525
    (female)

river525 HB User

do not do a butt lift!!!! or a thigh lift!!! they look great at the beginning but slowly and always the scars start to migrate downward (think of how the face starts to sag as you age).

Certain exercises can help the butt area. But if I were you I would ask him about fat injections into that area to help "build up" your butt.

Lipo might help with the illusion of a bigger butt but I don't really see that happening but ask your surgeon. I have done lipo in all the areas you mentioned and I don't see my butt as bootilicious b/c of the lipo. For me the recovery from lipo was extremely painful - I don't think I'm a big sissy but it literally hurt worse than my tummy tuck.

If I were you I would ask about the fat injections first before doing the lipo work. Lipo is sooo tricky and having the results you are expecting sometimes does not happen but as I said everyone is different.

hope some of this helps you with your question. take care

Old 03-15-2007, 04:38 PM   #10
    bigbootymona
    Inactive
    (female)

bigbootymona HB User

I did ask him for fat injection into my butt (brazilian butt lift) but he said it can't be done together with my breasts augmentation and tummy tuck as I have to lay on my stomach for at least one week or more if I do butt fat injection and that will interfer with my breasts augmentation and my tummy tuck.
    Therefore he suggested having liposuction of my tummy,abdomen flanks and lower back and said that will eventaully enhance my butt protrusion.
    I just want to know what else should I liposuction in order to achieve a bigger booty............help me please as he will not agree to do my butt fat injection at the same time as the other surgeries done.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:26 PM   #11
    river525
    (female)

river525 HB User

If I were you then I would wait and do the brazilian lift at a later date. I'm sure you are like me and want it all done at once but having the tummy tuck and breast implants done together is a lot or recovering. Adding the lipo in all those places ontop of those two procedures in my opinion is going to make your recovery that much more painful and harder. I just had breast implants along with a full breast lift and lipo on my thighs and BELIEVE me the pain and the swelling from the lipo was ten times worse than my boob job pain.

I've heard great things about the brazilian lift and lipo can take months to fully see the results and the lipo results are a lot of the times not all that great. If it were me; I'd wait and pay for the brazilian lift knowing I would get the results I wanted than taking a chance with the "promise" that the lipo might or might not help get the butt the way you want it.

What do you think?

Old 03-15-2007, 06:19 PM   #12
    bigbootymona
    Inactive
    (female)

bigbootymona HB User

I need the liposuction any way as I have big tummy and I hate it and I have flanks too so literaly saying...........I have no waist therefore I have to lipsuction all these areas in order to remove fat and then with tummy tuck tighten my abdomen.
    Do you think I need liposuction just under my butt or where my thighs join my buttocks in order to enhance my butt appearance?Please advise

Old 03-15-2007, 08:45 PM   #13
    river525
    (female)

river525 HB User

can't say on where the best place to lipo to enhance your butt as I haven't had that done -- I would say your doctor is the best one to ask or maybe his nurse?

Old 03-16-2007, 01:36 PM   #14
    bigbootymona
    Inactive
    (female)

bigbootymona HB User

which do you recommend to do first............tummy tuck with liposuction and breasts augmentation or start with brazilian butt lift and butt fat augmentation?Please advise

Old 03-16-2007, 08:33 PM   #15
    river525
    (female)

river525 HB User

I'd do the tummy tuck and breast first ----- reason being is that you will see the most dramatic results with those ---- and I would think the healing process for those will take longer and then you will be able to see what you might still need for the back side. I'm excited for you as I have not regretted one second with my breast augmentation and tummy tuck!! take care

Closed Thread