It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Rhinoplasty and Insurance

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-19-2007, 03:11 PM   #1
    highside
    (male)

highside HB User
    Rhinoplasty and Insurance

I am looking at getting rhinoplasty. I have a deviated septum that is pretty bad. I spoke with a plastic surgeon about having a septoplasty. I also talked to the doctor about having a rhinoplasty at the same time. My question is, has anyone had any luck getting insurance to cover some of it. My doctor gave me a estimate. The septoplasty was around $5000. This would be covered 100% by the insurance. The rhinoplasty was right under $5000. I would have to pay for this. I really do not want to get the septoplasty unless I get both of them done at one time. I am just wondering if another doctor might give me a better price. My insurance does not require a preapproval for the septoplasty.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2007, 08:40 PM   #2
    canadadiva
    (female)

canadadiva HB User
    Re: Rhinoplasty and Insurance

Have you checked with your insurance company? I had a reconstructive rhinoplasty a few years back, it was 100% covered by healthcare since it was considered "reconstructive". Not all plastic surgeons will do surgeries that are covered by insurance, I think because its less money for them.

Old 01-23-2007, 01:58 PM   #3
    highside
    (male)

highside HB User
    Re: Rhinoplasty and Insurance

Now I am really confused. I talked to my insurance yesterday. They said they would cover reconstructive rhinoplasty. That is all mine could be. I broke my nose a few times and that is all that needs fixed on the outside. Well I just called the doctors office. I informed them that my insurance said they would cover the reconstructive rhinoplasty. They said they know that and that is what the insurance approved. I then said "I thought the insurance approved the septoplasty". They said yes, the septoplasty is the reconstructive rhinoplasty. I am confused. I thought that was two different things. They said anything on the outside is rhinoplasty and on the inside is reconstructive rhinoplasty. I then said, no all I want to do is get the septoplasty if the insurance would not cover the rhinoplasty or if they would not try to get it approved.. They then informed me that they would not do the septoplasty alone. They said I would have to get the rhinoplasty along with the septoplasty. So now I have figured it out. They do not want my insurance to cover the rhinoplasty. That way I will have to pay them the $5000 for it. Do you all know of any other good doctors in the DFW area that I might talk to. I do not even want to think about going back to this doctor.

Closed Thread