It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Has anyone heard of Cosmelan or done this procedure

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-07-2007, 04:49 PM   #1
    stevesmom
    (female)

stevesmom HB User
    Re: Has anyone heard of Cosmelan or done this procedure

i would like to know the same thing. i noticed a brownish discoloration on my upper lip about a year ago..tried many creams both over the counter and Rx. i have probably spent $500.00 on this problem..i hate it. i just went to a free consultation for COSMELAN, very expensive. depending on the derm or facility it is anywhere from $1500.00-850.00. the place i went to was $850.00. it is a mask that is the consistency of baby food maybe a little thicker, depending on your skin color you leave it on for 6-8 hours. wash it off at home and apply part 2 twice a day for 3-6months then once a day for 6 months. the whole process is 1 year. i was told you can only use the cosmelan facial products with the system. part 2 is as important as the first mask and comes in a little pot that costs $180.00. they wouldn't show me any before/after pics. the aesthetician who did my consult told me she'd been using it for brown spots---she had flawless skin----. she stated it could take 6 months before seeing results, then she'd say her clients were seeing results in 1-2weeks???helpful?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2007, 07:35 PM   #2
    FromSqueaky
    Inactive
    (female)

FromSqueaky HB User
    Re: Has anyone heard of Cosmelan or done this procedure

I looked it up and found the cost to be from $450-$1000
    The average price I came acorss was $500-$700
    It's left on fro 4-8 hours.After that Step 2 is daily application and continual use of the Cosmelan 2 cream. The cream is applied three times a day the first week, twice a day the second week, and once a day the third week forward.

Follow up visits are recommended 2-4weeks after the beginning of treatment, and monthly after, for a period of 3-6 months. Other follow up is on as needed basis. The treatment is temporary and has to be repeated to maintain the benefits. You can use other creams but you can not use other skin lightners

I saw a few photos it seems to do a good job. New healthy skin will appear in 3-6 weeks after the first treatment. Hydra-vital factor K cream is given to use after tretment ofr buring itching and maintance.

EIDT The time the mask is left on depends on your skin type.
    Skin type I & II 4 Hours
    Skin type III & IV 6 Hours
    SKin type V & VI 8 Hours
    If you are a really sensitive person it is onoy left of for 2 hours.

Last edited by FromSqueaky; 07-07-2007 at 08:04 PM.

Closed Thread