It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Tummy Tuck, Breast Augmentation, Lipo ...HELP!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-02-2007, 12:23 PM   #1
    dominatrixie3
    (female)

dominatrixie3 HB User
    Red face Tummy Tuck, Breast Augmentation, Lipo ...HELP!

I am scheduled for surgery at the end of the month (Oct 07).
    Full tummy tuck, breast augmentation and lift, (going from a small C to a full D) and lastly a lil lipo on hips and inner legs.

I have done a ton of research and the results are from one side of the spectrum to the other ranging from great experiences to post op infections and what the hell was I thinking.??

I am very nervous. I have had three children and have that ugly bulge of sagging fat over my c-section scar. (some of you can relate I am sure)
    I have breast fed all 3 of my children. My breast sag and mirror my tummy of shame.

I have started having nightmares about my procedure. Feeling the doctor cut into me and not being able to tell him I can feel it is my recent dream.

Anyways, I seriously would love feed back from anyone who has had all of these procedures done at the same time (or individually) Recovery time, pain, results, regrets, body changes, likes, dislikes, swelling?

I recently read a lot of people had swelling in their tummy for a long time. Eating certain foods and even exercise would create a bulge. ??
    Any information you have would be much appreciated!!
    Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2007, 02:19 PM   #2
    leeleelanilou
    (female)

leeleelanilou HB User
    Re: Tummy Tuck, Breast Augmentation, Lipo ...HELP!

I had a breast reduction & a tummy tuck at the same time. No lipo though. I would have been completely happy with doing them both at the same time but the surgeon dissected too deep when he made the inframammary incision. He cut my pectoral muscle which cased a "bottoming out" effect. He tried to fix it twice but couldn't so I went to a different doc & ended up having to have a reconstruction surgery with a small implant. I had my implant placed under the muscle & I'm very happy with it. The submuscular (under muscle) placement takes a little longer recovery, is more painful & it might make it more difficult to do additional breast surgeries if the need arises. The up side is it's easy to get a good mammography, less chance of capsular contraction & some people think they look more natural that subglandular (over the pec muscles) implants.
    I hope this helps you out. Remember to take your pain medicines every 4-6 hours as directed. It's much better to keep your pain level low than trying to tough it out! Good luck & enjoy your newly sculpted body!

Old 10-10-2007, 07:14 PM   #3
    dominatrixie3
    (female)

dominatrixie3 HB User

Leeleelanilou,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! I am very happy things worked out for you in the end. Sorry you had to endure so much to get the results you initially hoped for.
    I am learing a lot about the potential problems. I have never heard of the "bottoming out" effect before. You know that is going to be my next googl* search.
    My PS will be palcing the implants under the muscle as well. I think at this point I am worried the most about blood clots and liquid build up in my tummy and being under anesthisia for 5 hours.
    I will be taking my meds for sure!! Again, thank you for your reply. I learned something new!

Last edited by dominatrixie3; 10-10-2007 at 07:16 PM.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:53 PM   #4
    river525
    (female)

river525 HB User

I'm not sure if you have seen my posts about these procedures as I've had all of them I did my tummy tuck w/lipo at the same time I had my hysterectomy. Best money and best thing and have had zero regrets and I'm seven years post op. Yes it's painful to recover from but it is more of the tight feeling kind of pain. My suggestions to people having tummy tucks is to get a shower stool and an elevated toliet seat with handles. These two things saved me. Imagine doing 1,00000 crunches and your abs being sore and having these two things helped sitting and getting up - trust me you won't be sorry you get these items.

I had a full breast lift with implants and some lipo on my thighs about a year ago. The breast surgery part was easy; now my lipo hurt for a week or so and I joked with my husband to be nice b/c it looked like I had been beaten with a bat with all the bruising . BUT........once again it was worth it.

I wouldn't worry about the time in surgery. My tummy tuck/hysterectomy took about that long and I had no problems with anesthesia. But like the other poster said take your pain meds on schedule every 4 hours or so even if you are not thinking you need them - you want to stay AHEAD of the pain.

Good luck and don't worry - if you're like me your only regret will be on why you waited till now to do it.

take care

Old 10-13-2007, 11:52 AM   #5
    dominatrixie3
    (female)

dominatrixie3 HB User

river525,
    Thank you for your reply. I had not read your posts but will do that. Have you had a c-section before? I have had 2 and if it compares to that on some level then I think I will be fine. I am thinking about it too much. What is meant to happen will be....

I remember how important taking medication is and thinking I didn't need it after my last c-section. OH boy was I wrong. Lesson learned. When the pain comes back, and it will, ouchy mama!

I think the shower stool is a fabulous idea too, as is the toilet seat. Two things I would not even have thought of. I am going to look in to those.

I totally would have thought the breast augmentation and lift would be far more painful than the lipo. Let's just face it, I am going to be a hurting unit for a bit

Thanks again River525 I appreciate your post!

Old 10-13-2007, 02:28 PM   #6
    river525
    (female)

river525 HB User

Yep I've had a c-section (embarrassed to admit 17 years ago!!) and not sure if it was just my joy on having a child after trying for so many years or what, but my tummy tuck was more painful. BUT I'm older , a whimp when it comes to pain, and I also had a complete hysterectomy performed at the same time of my tummy tuck so I had a lot of hands/tools, etc working on me in that area.

BUT I would do it all over again in a heartbeat -- ZERO regrets

You'll do great!! but get that elevated toliet seat!!!

take care and keep me posted

Old 10-15-2007, 12:28 PM   #7
    dominatrixie3
    (female)

dominatrixie3 HB User

Thanks!
    I certainly will do a post after I am able to get up and around!
    I am getting anxious I tell ya...ANXIOUS

Old 10-15-2007, 06:36 PM   #8
    charlotte02
    (female)

charlotte02 HB User

I am also considering the tummy tuck, liposuction, and breast implants. Do you mind if I ask how much these combo procedures costs? A local plastic surgeon gave me an estimate of 12,000 without the breast implants. I thought this was rather high and was wondering what other are paying for these surgeries when combined.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:31 AM   #9
    dominatrixie3
    (female)

dominatrixie3 HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Tummy Tuck, Breast Augmentation, Lipo ...HELP!

Hello All,
    Well, I am 7 days post op now and wanted to give you an update from A-Z.
    The morning of my surgery I met with the Nurse Anesthetist for screening. She was very pleasant and reassuring and said she would give me something for the pre op anxiety. After a short prep and being placed on the operating bed she gave me a what I thought was something for anxiety and that is the last thing I remembered. Thinking back now, she had a very cleaver approach and indeed gave me something for anxiety, sleep!
    The next thing I vaguely remember is being wheeled out to my car. For the next few hours I was in an out of sleep. Upon waking, ladies and gentlemen we have pain. I immediately asked for medicine and when I felt that wasn't doing the trick we called the doctor and he instructed pain meds every 3 hours as needed. Now, I have a higher tolerance for pain than most at times. I also realized that nothing would take the pain away completely.
    Remember I had the works done: Full tummy tuck with lipo on my hips and inner thighs. I had breast implants with a lift as well. I expected pain.
    My doctor joked when I called for and increase of meds asking me if I got the license plate of the truck that ran me over.
    I rested on the couch downstairs and had 24 hour help. You NEED to have someone there for you at all times.
    Getting up to walk for 5 to 10 minutes (to prevent blood clots) was hard.
    I couldn't imagine trying to sit up on my own.
    Going to the bathroom was also hard. I had to have my husband help me with unfastening the crotch of my bodysuit, sitting down, re-fastening, pulling my pants up and down, my drains.
    Speaking of drains, mine were in for 6 days. Talk about a weird sensation when those come out. The right side hurt. I said ow ow ow ow in the calmest voice I could. The left side just felt tingly in my tummy and was out in a flash.
    I am almost able to fully sit up straight. There is a slight pull on my new belly button if I extend too far. The lower part of my abdomen is numb.
    I have a lot of bruises from the lipo and some slight pain to the touch.
    I didn't experience a lot of pain in my new breasts though. Tightness is the best explanation. After laying down for a bit and then trying to get up I remember it feeling like two extremely heavy anchors were attached to my entire mid section pulling me down. That sensation went away after a couple very slow laps around my house.
    Today at day 7 I am able to move my arms freely with out pain or pulling.
    Can walk without help or support, can get up , go to the bathroom and do all that fastening and pants pulling myself now. (I could do that at 4 days post op)
    From this experience I do have some advice:
    Do not get fixated on the CC's for implants. My initial consultation it was recommended I get 475 cc's. I was hung up on that for fear of the Pamela Anderson fake boob look I considered going way down in CC's. I put completed faith and trust in my PS. He has been doing this for many years and has seen many body types, he knows what is best for the patient wants. So with that said, I ended up with 525 on the Left and 500 on the right. I do not have the plastic fake boobies look. (funny saying that, they are fake!) Hearing how many CC's I ended up with might lead one to believe that, so DON"T get hung up on the fill amount, trust your doctor!
    I couldn't imagine doing all these surgeries separate. For me, all at once or nothing. One surgery, one recoup time.
    As for the results so far, oh wow! Can't wait to go shop! I love it all!
    Looking down at my newly sculpted body, I have zero regrets. Actually, I take that back, I have just two: Getting so worked up/nervous and waiting as long as I did!
    If I missed anything please feel free to ask. I would be happy to answer questions or concerns.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:01 PM   #10
    river525
    (female)

river525 HB User

Glad to hear all went well That pain is a tough one - ohhhh how I remember But I have never regretted for a second for going through the pain.

And you are so right about the CCs on the implants.......I felt the same way you did and was scared to death of waking up looking like Dolly Parton, lol but didn't, thank goodness.

Continue healing and taking care of yourself

Take care

Old 11-07-2007, 11:53 AM   #11
    Mainegirl
    (female)

Mainegirl HB User

Good to hear it! I'm planning on getting a TT and some thigh work done after this baby is born (in Feb). I am going to wait 2 years and lose all the weight I can in the meantime.

Can I ask a question to anyone who knows? If you want your inner thighs done (and some work on the saddlebags behind) won't lipo just make your skin sag afterwards? I'm a little confused I guess. Does the skin then tighten up to fit the new contoured shape?

Old 11-07-2007, 02:31 PM   #12
    dominatrixie3
    (female)

dominatrixie3 HB User

River525,
    Too funny! Yes, continuing to rest and recover. Thanks a bunch for your support. Much appreciated!
    Dom~

Old 11-07-2007, 02:37 PM   #13
    dominatrixie3
    (female)

dominatrixie3 HB User

Mainegirl,
    Funny you mention that. That was the exact question I asked my PS.
    In some cases it will sag, but he said with my age and the shape I am in, I got the "oh no you will be fine" reply. So, I would suggest running that by your PS during your consultation. I would think that it varies from person to person.
    I couldn't believe the amount of brusing I had. Just a heads up
    Good luck, you will be amazed and loving your new body!

Old 11-07-2007, 03:19 PM   #14
    river525
    (female)

river525 HB User

I did just my inner thighs (when I had my breast lift/implants) and I will say I have some regrets in doing that area. I was warned by many people online that the results are 50/50.

For me, I'm in my 40's, not overweight, and exercise 3-4 a a week with a trainer. I didn't have the "thunder thigh" look but my inner thighs rubbed together. It drove me crazy because I would then break out in a rash when I ran or took walks on the beach. I know that is more info than you want to hear - but that is the main reason why I wanted to have lipo on my inner thighs.

Well my inner thighs don't rub anymore BUT they are uneven looking and unsmooth. I have tried endermologie treatments, etc. to try to have them smoother looking and no such luck. Unless I'm in shorts you wouldn't notice so its not horrific but I have heard that many are not happy with this one area - so be really really REALLY sure you need it there.

Just consult with more than one PS (maybe even a woman PS) and work out like a crazy woman and think hard about it. Now as far as tummy tuck, etc. go for it. Hurt like you know what for a bit but best investment I have ever made for myself and have ZERO regrets on doing it.

take care -

Old 11-07-2007, 03:53 PM   #15
    faye59
    (female)

faye59 HB User

i had a TT and i wish i never it was so painfull and 98 stitches later but the breast lift i had has been fantastic for 18 years now ive never regretted that. good luck

Closed Thread