It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• do i need to replace breast implants

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-02-2007, 08:54 PM   #1
    Linda2316
    (female)

Linda2316 HB User
    do i need to replace breast implants

do i need to replace my silicone breast implants? i have had them for 29 years, with no complications.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2007, 10:44 AM   #2
    sixx788
    (female)

sixx788 HB User
    Re: do i need to replace breast implants

My doctor told me that you should replace them every 7 to 10 years.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:49 PM   #3
    Mel52
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

Linda, I would leave them alone if you aren't having any issues. Some of the older implants were made thicker and less prone to rupture. Over the years implants were made thinner and therefore ruptured easier. Then they got real fancy and added polyurithane coatings which disolved within a few years and introduced the double luminide implants.(forgive the spelling on that) Who knows what different chemicals they are using now as fillers and if you haven't had any reaction why mess with going through an additional surgery?

Old 12-17-2007, 06:14 PM   #4
    Mamasan2007
    (female)

Mamasan2007 HB User

As long as your yearly mammograms are normal, I'd say your ok-

Old 01-04-2008, 07:42 PM   #5
    Marblehead
    (female)

Marblehead HB User

Wow, 29 years! I've had mine for almost 7 years and I've been wondering when they will need to be replaced. If you haven't had any problems then I would think you should be fine.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:53 AM   #6
    morrisun
    Veteran
    (female)

morrisun HB User

I agree with the others, I would leave them alone unless you have problems. I've had mine for going on 9 years. I hope mine last for another 20!!!
    PCOS

Old 01-05-2008, 11:00 PM   #7
    Mel52
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

Let me also add just be aware of symptoms that can indicate the need to have the implants removed. I had mine for 7 years. I was fine for the first 3 years and then developed rashes, fatigue, severe allergies, joint pain, hair loss to name a few. I was seeing surgeons, rhuemotologists etc and everyone said my implants were fine. I had no reason to suspect them as the problems were systemic and my implants looked great though one itched sometimes. I was very ill and had no idea why until I watched Phil Donahue's guest talk about her ruptured implant and her symptoms. It was the beginning of the frenzy about implants.
    All implants leak but some people have no problem with dealing with a foreign body inside of them. If you still feel and look great then fantastic, leave those babies alone....lol

Closed Thread