It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Has anyone had a good experience with a revision rhinoplasty?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-17-2007, 09:37 PM   #1
    faye24uk
    (female)

faye24uk HB User
    Has anyone had a good experience with a revision rhinoplasty?

I'm trying to find the best surgeon possible. I've had my nose done several times already so I can't afford to make any mistakes this time, it's very important to me, so please only reply if you're genuine.

I've had my nose done about six months ago now. Aside of skill, and experience, I need a surgeon with an artistic eye, and most importantly - a surgeon who will give me what 'I' want, as opposed to what he himself finds attractive.

I want a 'cute' quite small nose, not necessarily the classic eu-natural look, but have no idea where to find a surgeon who can give me what I want. I've had my nose revised recently and all though it doesn't look bad, it's still not how I want it to be.

I wish I'd left it alone a long time ago, it's so awful when the thing you hate is right in the middle of your face. You just can't hide it.

If anyone has had their nose done recently, or knows someone who's had their nose 'revised', or especially if anybody knows of a surgeon who's well-known for doing 'cute' noses, I'd really appreciate it if you would message me back.

Thanks

Kind Regards

Faye (UK)

P.S - am willing to travel.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2008, 01:25 PM   #2
    justcallmeangel
    (female)

justcallmeangel HB User
    Re: Has anyone had a good experience with a revision rhinoplasty?

I hear all the time that surgeons in Beverly Hills are good, since they often operate on celebrities. It's probably really expensive though. If you need info, look up the show "Dr. 90210". The doctors are good at reconstruction and giving a desired look.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:21 PM   #3
    kellicams
    (male)

kellicams HB User

I was like you, I wanted the "best," but what I ended up with is very bad surgery that resulted in my inability to breathe without the assistance of a nasal dilator. The surgery was performed by a Beverly Hills surgeon who was highly recommended by an individual posting here.

I would strongly discourage anyone from allowing a physician to use ear cartilage in a rhinoplasty procedure.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:55 AM   #4
    brittney777
    (female)

brittney777 HB User

Hi Faye. I also had several nose jobs with poor results. I just had my revision rhinoplasty done under local anesthesia two days ago by a doctor in Beverly Hills. It looks good right now as he was able to straighten it, but I know that I must wait to see what the scar tissue will look like. But right now it is also cool because I seem to be breathing better. He seems pretty good. Am I allowed via the healthboard rules to disclose his name on here?

Old 02-10-2008, 01:53 PM   #5
    Mamasan2007
    (female)

Mamasan2007 HB User

Brittany- how do you see scar tissue on your nose? Its all done from the inside-
    THX-

The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasan2007 For This Useful Post:
    pradagrl (04-19-2011)
    Old 02-13-2008, 11:51 AM   #6
    kellicams
    (male)

kellicams HB User

Scar tissue is on the inside, but it can profoundly affect outer appearance because the tissue is generally behind the problematic area. If it heals as
    planned the result should be satisfactory, if not the scar tissue could cause
    imperfections in the outer appearance.

Old 02-14-2008, 02:11 AM   #7
    VA_girl
    (female)

VA_girl HB User

You are allowed to say doc's name on this site.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:44 PM   #8
    DebGrl
    (female)

DebGrl HB User

Hey,
    I've been away for 5-months taking care of my parents in Florida, So I'm just viewing this Post
    This one is one that I can totatally identify with, 38- years ago my whole life was changed when I went to a well recommended Plastic surgeon
    I had a typical Indian nose with a lump on the top of it which I wanted him to remove
    When he removed everything and I looked into the mirror I thought I was looking at a monster, he removed the hump alright and the rest of my nose with it
    He admitted it was a mess! I went from someone who was pretty with a lump on my nose to something I didn't recognize, He turned it up unnatural looking, VERY EMBARRASSING!
    When my husband first saw it he told me to ask the docter to put it back down it didn't look good like that
    My life was ruined, I went into a severe depression, all I thought about was suicide
    Somehow I got through the years in and out of a mental institution
    Well now my nose has changed once again the tip is pinched looking and the whole left side has bumps on it, I went to a well known Plastic surgeon and he shook his head at me and said he wouldn't even touch it and told me to go home and be happy!!
    Well here I'am again in my depression and don't know if I can take much more of it!
    I would love to talk to someone I feel so all alone
    Thanks for listening
    Peace To All

Old 03-20-2008, 10:11 AM   #9
    FitChic
    (female)

FitChic HB User

I am going for a revision with Pastorek in NYC in 6 days --- i will be in touch with my results

Old 04-08-2008, 07:19 PM   #10
    icrackerjack
    (female)

icrackerjack HB User

I was wondering how the revision went? I am looking to correst the asymmetry from my primary surgery and I am looking for a good doc???

Old 04-12-2008, 08:40 AM   #11
    InSearch79
    (female)

InSearch79 HB User
    Question Re: Has anyone had a good experience with a revision rhinoplasty?

I have had 3 revisions in the past 10 years. The last surgeon I went to see was Dr. Sachs. I was unaware of the law suits that were going on until after my surgery. I was reading Debra's post and I just want to say that I totally understand that feeling - that depression. We live in a society were looks does matter, particularly for women. Before Dr. Sachs, I was really depressed. I didn't believe that my nose would ever be improved. I heard about Sachs and I read about all this new techniques to fix the nose. So, I took a chance with him. I have to say my nose did improve, but there are still two particular problems that still need significant revision. I wouldn't have gone to Sachs if I knew about the law suits, but at the same time, I'm glad I did because I feel better about myself. But more then that - I have this confidence now or, perhaps this naive belief, that I can achieve - not necessarily the perfect nose (though that's what I hope for) - but a nose that's symmetrical and natural looking. I am dreaming about that moment where I wake up in the mornings and don't have to think about my face anymore.

So, now I'm back at the drawing board. I have been doing crazy research trying to find the best revision rhinoplasty surgeons. I don't care if I have to travel to the other side of the world. This entire experience has been so draining - emotionally, mentally, financially - even spirtually. I feel like, although science has improved so much in the past several decades, there is still so much that needs to be learned. As far as nose jobs go - it feels as though the techniques have only recently reached from an 'elementary' level to 'middle school.'

I do believe that there is a really great doctor who can help us out. It's just finding him!

So, these are the doctors that I've been looking into: Steven White, Lawrence Kirwan, Sherrell Aston, Tourimi, Becker, and Newman. Does anyone have any information on any of these doctors?

I did set up an appointment with Tourimi. So far - he seems like the best candidate, but he's sooo expensive - I just want to cry.

Also - does anyone know what the latest technology is being used for grafting (i.e. filling out areas where too much cartilage was removed)?

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Thanks.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:43 PM   #12
    DebGrl
    (female)

DebGrl HB User

InSearch79,
    Just read your E-mail, Girl you and I are searching for the same thing for the same problem
    I so know what you mean about wanting to wake-up one morning and looking in the mirror and saying ; " WOW, NOW THATS A NICE NOSE" LOL
    You know?
    I was doing a little better and then when I was over at my son and daughter-in-laws house yesterday my son had been drinking and he made a comment about my nose, well I was crushed, its bad enough that I have to face the world with this piece of crap I've been given, but then to hear how bad it looks from someone else makes me just want to hide somewhere
    Well would you please answer this and let me know how your doing?
    I will keep you in my prayers, Your right theres got to be a docter out there that can help both of us
    Peace: Debora E.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:50 PM   #13
    dancing4
    (female)

dancing4 HB User

Why don't you look for one in Canada. Toronto, Yorkville on Hazelton. I forget his name.

Last edited by moderator2; 07-17-2008 at 09:10 PM. Reason: huge and totally unnecessary quote

Closed Thread