It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Breast Implants and future employment

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-26-2008, 12:32 PM   #1
    rosablue34
    (female)

rosablue34 HB User
    Breast Implants and future employment

Need some advice, I'm planning on joining the police academy by next year. I also want breast implants. How long does it takes to heal. Would you recommend getting them since there is force involve in the training. Please advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2008, 08:36 PM   #2
    Mel52
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
    Re: Breast Implants and future employment

It takes about 6 weeks as it is a surgery. No heavy lifting. Personally, I am against implants as I had them. They were beautiful. They didn't get hard, they looked very natural and I was happy with them until I got sick. This was just before all the media attention so it took 5 years to find out what was wrong. I had a rupture so I had them removed as my body didn't seem to like all the chemicals used in the implants. You may be one of the lucky ones who has no problems.
    However, going through the academy you are going to be taking some tough blows to make or break you, so you need to be careful. My cousin ruptured hers when she tripped and fell. A female Navy officer being interviewed on tv said hers was ruptured when her boyfriend came up and lifted her up when he put his arms around her. Then again any body part can be injured. If you are going to be working the streets how often can you expect to be in a fight? Will you be wearing a heavy vest to help protect your chest?

Old 08-27-2008, 09:21 PM   #3
    rosablue34
    (female)

rosablue34 HB User

Thanks for replying. Did you have saline implants or silicone? Stories like that really scare me. I really want to have a better appearance but deep inside of me i don't know if i would get used to carrying something foreign to my body. Definitly i will be using force and taking blows to my body. I guess i'll opt for just a breast lift. How are you feeling now. What symptoms did you have. What caused the rupture? Did you have them replaced? Again, thanks for sharing

Old 08-28-2008, 07:17 PM   #4
    Mel52
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

Hi, I had silicone. They were great for 3 years and then one day I came down with a flu. It didn't go away. I had strange rashes and itching on one breast. I ached all over, my hair was thinning, I had low-grade temperatures, I slurred my words and was in a mental fog. I didn't think it was my implants as the drs assured me they were fine and my whole body was affected. I became so tired, I couldn't function anymore at work. A few years later after being diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome and severe allergies, the pain localized in the one breast. It was red and heavy feeling. Dr again said they were fine. I was sent to a rheumotologist who just thought I was a nut and depressed. My question to him...if I were depressed I wouldn't care and keep searching for a reason to all this pain and I wouldn't be running fevers. I was laying on the couch listening to the tv as focusing my eyes were too difficult. That's when I heard a Navy officer sharing her experiences, the shoulder pain the numbness down the arm, the rashes etc. I knew that was me. The following day, the media was going wild about the implant problems. I saw a dr on the news being interviewed and I decided I would drive down to LA to see him. He thought I had a rupture and sent me to UCLA to see the chief of staff of plastic surgery. He also though I had a rupture and I was allergic to the chemicals used, some which are acetone, formalihide, platinum etc. I had surgery. THe silicone had spread to the center of my chest. The tissue had to be removed. This surgeon was also a microvascular surgeon so he was able to move tissue up from my rib area and fill in the dent and give me a breast. He then did a lift. He did a beautiful job. I would not have them replaced because my body would probably react negatively and develop scar tissue as the body was trying to protect me from a foreign object. It is possible the rupture was caused by a mammogram. Also the implants were made thinner to be able to see through them so it could have just worn out. Who knows?
    One of the things I learned from the surgeon and the numerous women who were in a support group we had, is that many of them never "needed" implants. They had alot of breast tissue but had sagged for whatever reason. They could have had lifts and looked fantastic. Some of the women after having their implants removed were really big breasted after having a lift. Surgeons would put in implants and do a lift. A shame they would have been perky just with the lift.
    Whatever you decide, and it is your decision, is to research and read everything you can so you can make an informed choice.
    I was left with a connnective tissue disease and fibromyalgia. I improved almost immediately after surgery. My hair grew back, the rashes stopped and the fevers went away. I guess my body was in overdrive trying to fight the implants. It took awhile to get the fog lifted. I was so delighted to be able to talk again and not mix up my words.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:35 PM   #5
    rosablue34
    (female)

rosablue34 HB User

wao, you went thru a lot. Thanks for sharing your story.

Old 10-10-2008, 10:28 AM   #6
    dixiepeep
    (female)

dixiepeep HB User

yes, thanks for sharing. I was thinking about a small implant with the lift but I am afraid now.

Closed Thread