It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cosmetic / Plastic Surgery Message Board

• Revision surgery?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-07-2009, 08:18 PM   #1
    DebGrl
    (female)

DebGrl HB User
    Revision surgery?

Would like to hear from others who are facing Revision Rhinoplasty, and how there doing?
    I feel like I'm the only one
    Take care, Deb

Last edited by Administrator; 07-24-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
    kittkat
    (female)

kittkat HB Userkittkat HB User
    Re: Revision surgery?

Why do need to have a revision?

Old 11-05-2009, 03:45 PM   #3
    Knuschel
    (female)

Knuschel HB User

I need a revision rhinoplasty also. At the moment I searching for the right doctor. It is a very challenging operation and it is hard to find the right surgeon...
    My situation is atypical since I need to have my nose lengthened. Most of the time, noses are made smaller with rhinoplasty. When noses are made too small with an over-aggressive rhinoplasty, it’s always more challenging to restore the nose to its former size (and especially to add length).

Old 11-07-2009, 05:01 PM   #4
    DebGrl
    (female)

DebGrl HB User

Thats what happened to me, the docter was way to aggressive
    I almost died when I saw it for the first time, he made sure it
    was unfixable, what I'm left with is bumps on the left side of my nose, I'm so self concious that it's made me depressed and anti- social
    All I do is cry every time I look in the mirror, my docter said to stop looking in the mirror, thats great but it doesn't stop others from seeing it
    Well I hope everything goes good for you,
    Please let me know what you decide, If you don't mind me asking, Are you self concious about your nose?
    Take care, Deb

Old 11-08-2009, 01:12 PM   #5
    Knuschel
    (female)

Knuschel HB User

Your story sounds like mine I am crying every day and I am not confident anymore.
    It is also hard for my boyfriend to see me sad every day. It is a horrible situation for the relationship also. I am asking myself every day why I did this operation because my nose was ok. It was a rash decision.

My nose has been shortened considerably, resulting in increased nostril show and tip
    over-rotation. This can be corrected by counter-rotating the residual nasal
    tip framework with cartilage grafts but it is a very serious operation. My nasal bridge also appears too narrow, and is canted to the left. My also columella is too straight (on profile) and my tip appears slightly pinched (on front view).
    In order to restore harmony between the nasal tip and nasal bridge, the bridge needs to be widened. My bridge must also be raised just below it's midpoint to create a straight dorsal profile. Again, widening and raising your nasal bridge involves placing precisely fabricated cartilage grafts, probably harvested from my ear.

When I am thinking about this all I am starting to cry again...

What about you? There is no chance to correct your nose with a revision rhinoplasty????

Take Care
    ewa***

Old 11-08-2009, 05:56 PM   #6
    wakkochic17
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

wakkochic17 HB User

I'm nervous I'm going to need a revision surgery.. my doc did not make my tip even but the worst part is that I have a pinched nostril on my left side and can't breathe! I went for a septoplasty/ turbinate reduction and rhinoplasty. I needed sinus work so I can breathe better.. instead now my breathing problems are WORSE!! It's so frustrating. I'm only 4 weeks out so I can't even expect to get this fixed for months.
    Debora.. most noses CAN be fixed, you are probably going to have to travel to a renowned revision surgeon though. I've heard good things about Dr Frankel in Beverly Hills, Dr Rival in Toronto (probably your closest option) and someone told me about Dr Tobias in New York.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:18 PM   #7
    DebGrl
    (female)

DebGrl HB User

I did talk to one docter who said the only way it could be fixed is by taking cartiledge from behind my ear and use it to build the tip,
    he said one of the bumps I was left with on the side of my nose can't be touched because it would cause my nose to collapse on that side (WONDERFUL) just what I need!
    This is probably funny for others who read this but my son was drunk one time and said I look like I should be pecking the ground like a chicken, everybody had a laugh, except me because it really hurt my feelings
    I wonder what the heck I've ever done in my life to deserve this, oh yes I cry sometimes

Take care and I wish you both the best,
    Deb

Last edited by Administrator; 07-24-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:08 AM   #8
    Knuschel
    (female)

Knuschel HB User

Deb, that is true. The most noses CAN be fixed and I am sure the bumps on the side of your nose can be fixed also!

I recommend that you try as hard as you can to see a doctor's before and after pictures of operations similar to what you need, and see whether you like the results.

I know how you feel exactly. I am in the same phase. I hate myself that I do this operation only because of to be perfect. Now I change to a completely different person. Normally I loved to go out and where very social. Now I feel ugly and withdraw into myself. I am really scary to lose my boyfriend!

I can not sleep anymore and have racing heart in the night.

The only hope is that a doctor can fix the nose again.

I wish you both also the best!!!!!
    ewa**

Last edited by Administrator; 07-24-2011 at 10:05 PM. Reason: posted contact info - please read the posting rules

Old 11-09-2009, 07:03 AM   #9
    wakkochic17
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

wakkochic17 HB User

Deb.. don't lose hope. I would get a second opinion on your nose. Yes, for grafts they would use cartlidge from your ear. Generaly they take it from the septum first, ear second and rib cartlidge as a last resort. Since my PS used grafts from my septum with my first surgery, I would probably be looking at having future grafts from my ear as well (they take it from behind your ear so you don't see it).

Last edited by Administrator; 07-24-2011 at 09:43 PM.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:48 PM   #10
    DebGrl
    (female)

DebGrl HB User

Thanks guys,
    For the replys, I guess I"m just scared to let anybody touch it, I've heard alot of people who's revisions were failures
    Thanks though it helps to talk to others who know where your coming from
    I wish you both the best
    Take care, Deb

Last edited by Administrator; 07-24-2011 at 09:42 PM.

Old 11-13-2009, 03:03 PM   #11
    kittkat
    (female)

kittkat HB Userkittkat HB User

wakkochic17, Sounds like you & I are in the same boat. I am 3 weeks out from my septo/rhino & turbinate resection. My nose was deviated badly in the left nostril, I am able to breathe somewhat better but not 100%. I had a nice size bump that I had removed also, now I am looking at my nose & see my right nostril is higher than the left, I am disheartened to say the least, everyone says give it time but I am scared to death I am going to look like a lopsided freak! Can anyone give me hope that this will even out, am I too impatient?

Last edited by kittkat; 11-13-2009 at 03:04 PM.

Closed Thread